List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can't get over the treatment of treloar.

buys wholly into the club, embarks on a really admirable campaign to address his own mental health and hopes to aid the wider afl community, plays his guts out, terrible hammy injuries but works back, good leadership capabillities....

and they're booting him out like he's done a fevola and keeping jordan de goey.

it just beggars belief.

Not how you build a good culture!

I would to if he actually wanted to stay.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

He has every right to be annoyed, deserves a spot in the 22 and was extremely unlucky in certain parts this year. He is 21 also. If we trade him..it will hurt us big time.

Have no doubt if we end up keeping him that he will work his way into the seniors. Trains extremely hard and is a great character.

We need to be extremely tough on this trade or he stays with us

Big wraps on Hugo! Reckon hes a beauty and someone who we haven’t had like forever

Athletic, good runner, raking left foot on the wing.. I’m excited!

I can’t think of our last good left footer on a wing.. maybe matty knights? But he was more midfield then wing
Richo kicked like a left foot

He has every right to be annoyed, deserves a spot in the 22 and was extremely unlucky in certain parts this year. He is 21 also. If we trade him..it will hurt us big time.

Have no doubt if we end up keeping him that he will work his way into the seniors. Trains extremely hard and is a great character.

We need to be extremely tough on this trade or he stays with us
The only aspect of this i disagree with is that we need to be tough on this trade.
I think an upgrade on our first rounder is extremely undervalued on here for some reason.

Cameron was more a defender similar to baker... great on both sides

maxfield and tivendale were that real burst of speed and often butchered it cos they were gassed or kicking at top speed which is hard to do accurately

hugo looks a level above these guys I reckon.. moves beautifully, silky skills, long raking kick and is pretty good above head from what I’ve seen and heard.
You make it sound like he went top 10.lol

Haha ‘Richmond has pushed back’ regards to Higgins 😁. About to talk about us on trade radio
Coming up after the ad break. Let’s see what Sos, Rendell and Barrett come with. Apparently Rendell has been studying up lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100%
It opens up so many options for us. It gives us more weight in trying to move up further.
Imagine winning the flag and ending up in the top 15 in the draft.

St Kilda could always throw us a 4th rounder back so we have points for Rioli as well.

Not every trade needs to fair and equitable, if we think we can snag someone we like at 17 that we couldn't at 21, we need to make the trade.
If we want to move up further we need to make the trade.

Too much of the focus is on what we have coming back, where the focus should be on what we can potentially do with what we get and who we can potentially get as a result.

Wow not sure how much you know about the kids available in this draft but after the first 6-7 kids the rest is so unknown that you could possibly get the kid you rate at #10 at pick #25 and there would be atleast 10-12 kids that will go undrafted that in 2021 could end up in the top 50.

To give up a 1st round kid who has played 43 games in 3 years in a team thats played in 3 flags in the last 4 and managed 10 games in a season where he has had no pre season and has better numbers than 8 of the 10 top picks in his draft for 4 pick upgrade in the most unpredictable draft is just lunacy . Really glad you are not our list manager.

Wow not sure how much you know about the kids available in this draft but after the first 6-7 kids the rest is so unknown that you could possibly get the kid you rate at #10 at pick #25 and there would be atleast 10-12 kids that will go undrafted that in 2021 could end up in the top 50.

To give up a 1st round kid who has played 43 games in 3 years in a team thats played in 3 flags in the last 4 and managed 10 games in a season where he has had no pre season and has better numbers than 8 of the 10 top picks in his draft for 4 pick upgrade in the most unpredictable draft is just lunacy . Really glad you are not our list manager.
Its not just giving him up willy nilly.
If he doesn't want to be at Richmond im a firm believer that he shouldn't be forced to stay. Contract or no contract.

That is still up in the air obviously, but im open to trading Higgins if it helps us get what we need, not what is fair and equitable.

Not sure the Saints have anything to trade us with. They wont give up 17 and their next pick is pretty far back I think. They certainly wont be giving up any players they value for Higgo. Need to find another suitor with something better to offer us or he stays and tries to make it back into the seniors.

I would take the bet from anybody that the player they select at #17 wont be as good as Jack Higgins
the chances of me winning that bet would be atleast 70%

Agree. Especially if we'll take minimal selections in the draft, upgrading our earlier picks is better value than taking an additional pick in the middle of the draft.

The Dogs would probably be open to trades on their first, with Ugle-Hagan eating their first selection either way. Not sure it's high enough to get a quality tall, but would be an achievable target to move from 21 to 14.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk
We should get involved in the Dunkley trade that gets us whatever they get off Ess.Maybe involve Higgo and our future 1st.

We don't have any accumulators because our gamelan is to do the opposite of that.

It's not a personnel restraint, it's a by design.

Long may it continue.
Not having anyone that stat pads is good because it keeps contract values down. Look at guys like Treloar and Brad Crouch getting massive contracts, everyone who watches us play knows Shedda is better than both of them but they get bigger contracts because they get 30 disposals every week

if we trade out jiggins it will be our biggest regret this century i reckon
That's what we said about Collins way back when.

lol Barrett on trade radio saying dusty dosent run both ways

campaigner clearly didn’t watch much Richmond this season rkn Dusty was great all year with his defensive work

lol Barrett on trade radio saying dusty dosent run both ways

campaigner clearly didn’t watch much Richmond this season rkn Dusty was great all year with his defensive work
That's the consensus of people who don't watch us as closely as we do.
We know Dusty has a solid level of defensive ability, but he is so damaging in offence, any defensive acts get ignored by the general populas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back