List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else look any good for Glenelg , few recycled ex AFL mids in their side , Matt Alan , huge man for a mid , how did he go
Matt Allen 22 disposals 10 marks (3 contested) 4 tackles 5 I50s 4 R50s 1.1
Sam Durdin 16 disposals 3 marks 5 tackles 5 hitouts 7 R50s

Anyone else look any good for Glenelg , few recycled ex AFL mids in their side , Matt Alan , huge man for a mid , how did he go

Matt Allen 22 disposals 10 marks (3 contested) 4 tackles 5 I50s 4 R50s 1.1
Sam Durdin 16 disposals 3 marks 5 tackles 5 hitouts 7 R50s

Allan was very good….
I thought Durdin in defence was the standout…controlled the back half very well - reads the play nicely, defends well…. Set up a lot of the play last night

Dylan Landt (33 disposals) and Andrew Bradley (25) both good in the midfield for Glenelg

Thoughts on Matthew Roberts (Sth Adelaide FC) as a possbile pick 16?

I rate him….strong in an under…left footer…very good one on one…finds the footy, extracts it well

183cm…and member of the NAB AFL Academy program.
Looks a solid prospect to me. Commentary mentioned him coming into top 10 contention, but could be their SA bias talking, as I'm not sure I see him having something special enough to be talking top 10, but would be comfortable with that teens pick that he could play AFL footy next year, and be a solid long term player.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

I've mentioned Sam Skinner a few times (South Adelaide). Chris Doerre (aka Knightmare) likes him as one of the better performed state league kpp's. And he's from my home town, and I know his family, so I have a reason to be interested.

He has the tools, but last night he just looked to lack intensity. And not sure anyone would take the punt with his knee history.

Also Liam McBean played. Got a couple of goals late, but get the sense it wasn't his best performance.

Allan was very good….
I thought Durdin in defence was the standout…controlled the back half very well - reads the play nicely, defends well…. Set up a lot of the play last night

Dylan Landt (33 disposals) and Andrew Bradley (25) both good in the midfield for Glenelg
Notice landt was vic metro few years ago , obviously missed draft and went to Glenelg for a crack

I wonder if it’s worth considering, depending on the rules of course, leaving places on the list open for the mid season draft. By then, some of these guys have had a better opportunity to show where they are at.

I can just imagine some very good prospects being available in mid 2022.

I thought there were better ones this year. Not sure what they see in Parker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thoughts on Matthew Roberts (Sth Adelaide FC) as a possbile pick 16?

I rate him….strong in an under…left footer…very good one on one…finds the footy, extracts it well

183cm…and member of the NAB AFL Academy program.

Ive mentioned him in earlier posts, he’s a beauty this kid. A lot of clubs have interest, some even in the top ten. I know we like him, whether that’s at 7 or not I don’t know but he’s highly regarded. I think he’s a very good prospect.

Would love to see some more stuff from Erasmus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Isn't there a game today.. WA vs SA he will likely be playing in?

Edit: just saw the WA team and he is not named. Van Rooyen, Amiss and Johnson all playing, so those boys will be out to impress to push into top 10 - 20 calculations.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RACE FOR NO.3 PICK HEATS UP

Richmond and Adelaide are “among the clubs interested” in trading for Gold Coast’s pick 3 in the upcoming draft, reports AFL Media.

As first reported by Foxfooty.com.au’s Tom Morris back in June, the Suns will offer up their first-round selection this trade period, keen to entice an experienced player to the club.

The Suns are keen on finding a key forward to partner Ben King and will sign unrestricted free agent Mabior Chol on a four-year deal from the Tigers. It’s unclear whether they feel Chol is enough of a solution.

AFL Media reports the Suns would also consider splitting their pick for two later selections.
This is interesting. Any realistic option on our list that could accompany #7 (or even #15) in their direction to unlock their #3?

I'd like to think CCJ and/or Caddy could play a part but that's more wishful thinking than anything else. We're not drowning in options in that regard.

Did they look afl quality , Allan was on wc list , was a key forward and re invented as a mid
I'm in the hit the draft group, so didn't really pay much attention to any of the mature aged blokes.

Im interested to see what the trade ends up being with this one.
Anything more than pick #6 on its own is over paying imo
but knowing Carlton they will most likely pay #6 + 3rd rounder or Pick #6 +2nd round with late pick back

I was hoping he would select melbourne as pick #6 to Freo is not that great for Richmond with ll the WA kids available freo is more likely to take Erasmus/JVR

Backline player red haired for south stood out for me great intercept. Kicking lacked a bit who was he? Big wraps on horney
Joseph Haines. He stood out to me too. Did some good work with his intercept marking, but made some bad kicking errors.

Looked him up. 28 years old and only 184cm, so unlikely AFL material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back