List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible night to debut in snd copped a big corky early. But yeah it was too early to be selecting him and a baffling selection considering the conditions.
I think he’s a pretty level headed kid, don’t think it’ll do him any harm to see the work he has to do to get to the next level.
He was very competitive against Stronger opponents this year (VFL) has great 2nd efforts. Think we’ll have a very good player in time. I bet he’s the type that’ll work his arse off over preseason and come back a better player.
Exactly right

Kid had a dirty night and was not ready and should not have played . It was a terrible call to play him

We have 6 months of preseason ahead of us and i have no doubt in the next 6 months the kid will work his ass off and add some muscle and improve fitness to best prepare himself for the 2022 season.

If Chol leaves i havevery little doubt Ryan will give us as much as Chol would in 2022 and beyond

Evidently Port have interest in CCJ given he's from SA. Cornes has, and always will put the Port Adelaide agenda ahead of the truth.
Pport have picks 16, 60, 70 and 71.
They won't want to and the other picks are useless.
Would have to be a trade of a player.

Wonder if doing a pick swap with Gold Coast could get us in the Tom Green discussion.
Trade 7 and 15 for 3 and 22.

Then trade pick 3 for Green. Would have to be tempting for GWS to go to the draft with pick 2 and 3, especially as they have so many midfielders anyway and they might think Green will leave in the future. They might be better off trading now or face a Jack Steele for a future second situation again.

We would still have pick at least 22, 26 and 28 to work our way higher up the draft order. Could even have more than that if CJ goes and we get a compensation for Chol.

This may be way off the mark but we sure have a lot of options this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pport have picks 16, 60, 70 and 71.
They won't want to and the other picks are useless.
Would have to be a trade of a player.

16 likely be involved in bringing in Dawson so even more of a s**t draft hand, though they can use futures if need be.

Club is keen to go to draft but pick up some experience for free as dfa talia and James cousins are 2 to watch

Not really

If we lose both then so be it
We will get a pick between #18 - #25 for Cj and a 3rd round compo for Chol
neither has shown more than potential draftee like say williams , Bazzo , Van Rooyen so far and we will just replace them with a kid
and save $500k on salary

life will go on , They are not Riewoldt or Nank
Agree I don’t understand all the talk we must or should keep both
They either want to stay great or they move on as does the club
Our biggest recruit next year is Soldo if he is fit Soldo with Nank gives us two genuine different ruck options both tough and mean and both get back to assist and are also dangerous going forward
Simple solution for backs is to recruit Talia costs nil picks pick best kids in draft unless something drops in trade week and work on the forwards who have been poor especially the small ones Aarts and George
Personally I would opt Cotchin there for 85% time he’s aggressive talented and can take a mark and rotate a number of smalls through the forward/midfield Baker Prestia Stack Lambert Dusty RCD Bolton plus we need to recruit another aggressive big mid and sort out out wingers who need to be more aggressive with their two way running
The defence and mids need to re connect to our forwards so we get bang for buck when it goes into the forward 50

I think our backline is going to be fine, even without Stack & Rioli - i think both should be swung forward moving forward

Richmond
B:Nathan Broad18 Noah Balta2 Dylan Grimes
HB:14 Jayden Short12 Nick Vlaustin1 Liam Baker / Rhyan Mansell

Once the boys are back healthy & Grimes, Vloss & Short have a good rest & pre-season, there will be no point to playing Rioli & Stack down back - all their strengths lend themselves to being great forward or attacking players. I think Rioli to HB was a good move this year, but long term it hasn't got a whole lot of purpose. Rioli is an attacking player - Forward or WING is a good spot for him IMO. Stacks elite hands, hard hits & ample leap makes him a menace in the forward line - a Byron Pickett that can take strong marks like Brad Johnson.

In practice we play 7 defenders and I don't see that changing next year.

Defence requires attacking players as much as anywhere on the ground, I don't see Rioli moving based on what we've said about that switch. Stack perhaps, he certainly has the tools to play the role he started in up forward. AFAIK he's still out of contract, so where he plays next year is all academic at this point I guess.

Short is as likely to be given a role outside defence as either of the two you've mentioned, IMO. If we do decide to play a winger who is not a medium marking player like Kmac/Pickett, Short would be at the head of the list for his superior speed, endurance and the penetration in his kicking.

Club is keen to go to draft but pick up some experience for free as dfa talia and James cousins are 2 to watch
cousins is interesting , numbers are pretty respectable at senior level for 23yo avg 20p last 2 seasons with decent amount of score involves too, only fault i see is 65% disposal eff . if he was the last player put onto our list paid peanuts , i wouldn't have too much of a problem with that

In practice we play 7 defenders and I don't see that changing next year.

Defence requires attacking players as much as anywhere on the ground, I don't see Rioli moving based on what we've said about that switch. Stack perhaps, he certainly has the tools to play the role he started in up forward. AFAIK he's still out of contract, so where he plays next year is all academic at this point I guess.

Short is as likely to be given a role outside defence as either of the two you've mentioned, IMO. If we do decide to play a winger who is not a medium marking player like Kmac/Pickett, Short would be at the head of the list for his superior speed, endurance and the penetration in his kicking.
Sometimes 8 defenders. 2 on the bench. one small one tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back