List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allir is an overrated dud. Only plays well as a loose man. Terrible when required to play one on one. Beaten by Josh Schache In the prelim. Would want him for a second rounder.
Harsh. Generally plays his role extremely well. Tactically speaking, however, his role last weekend was compromised by some excellent opposition planning and execution. Whether that was Alirs fault is very contentious - more likely just poor strategising by Hinkley and Port’s backline coaches.

we have rcd no need for sier I will regurgitate if he comes

agree. Plus Sier seems to have a bit of an attitude problem. Not sure he buys into the team ethos all that well

Wonder if the club would consider Liam McBean as a break glass in case of emergency player. He won 2 league goalkicking awards with us in the Magoo's playing only 2/3 of the season. He's moved on to win 2 league goalkicking awards in SANFL since. His main knock with us was he was scrawny he's now a man mountain. Would cost a very late pick and minimum wage. Low risk potential high reward. At very least gives our Magoo's a genuine KPF as they all just left.
Pics of man mountain? Looked like a twig in his Glenelg photos…

Harsh. Generally plays his role extremely well. Tactically speaking, however, his role last weekend was compromised by some excellent opposition planning and execution. Whether that was Alirs fault is very contentious - more likely just poor strategising by Hinkley and Port’s backline coaches.
agreed, not to mention heaps of players (including some very good ones e.g. cotchin) struggled immensely when they started getting serious opposition attention. The elite players learn to overcome it but barely anyone is unaffected the first few times they're tagged

The swans let him go because he was ordinary one on one. Does not know how to negate a man. Port never play him on the oppo big forward. He plays as a spare. When the dogs forced a tall onto him in the prelim, he s**t himself.

I have absolutely no insight into what happens behind closed doors at RFC. It's just my 2 cents here but if you've got the bulk of a playing list that has won 3 flags and guys like Dusty with still some time left on the clock to produce incredible footy surely you'd have to think it's still pedal to the floor.

Why think about contending for a flag in about 3-5 years with a young list? What I mean is, flags are very hard to win and the only thing absolutely guaranteed by going rebuild now is that we will do a rebuild. No guarantee of any flags. There is still the chance with the list we have to eek out at least 1 more. There is nothing overly exciting about a rebuild. There is something very exciting about contending.

Given the quality of footy from the opposition this year nearly every team that qualified in the top 8 was vulnerable. Not one of them was truly fearsome. Without us competing is a given one of the others will win it.

Get our list fit and healthy in the preseason and load up the tension in the arms shoulders and back and swing for the fences one last time!!! Freaking eat em alive Tigers!! I'm ready to storm the empty pitch at the MCG right now who is with me!!!????

One last time Tigers!!!... Until we win the cup next year then can do a John Farnham and run one last time campaigns as much as we want!! Even with these other campaigner teams playing off in the GF next week no one is better than us when we rolling and ruling!!!

200% agree with everything in the post, except the John Farnham reference.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So the whisper is Talia failed a medical with us.
Michael Caine I Failed You GIF - Michael Caine I Failed You Failed -  Discover & Share GIFs

I have absolutely no insight into what happens behind closed doors at RFC. It's just my 2 cents here but if you've got the bulk of a playing list that has won 3 flags and guys like Dusty with still some time left on the clock to produce incredible footy surely you'd have to think it's still pedal to the floor.

Why think about contending for a flag in about 3-5 years with a young list? What I mean is, flags are very hard to win and the only thing absolutely guaranteed by going rebuild now is that we will do a rebuild. No guarantee of any flags. There is still the chance with the list we have to eek out at least 1 more. There is nothing overly exciting about a rebuild. There is something very exciting about contending.

Given the quality of footy from the opposition this year nearly every team that qualified in the top 8 was vulnerable. Not one of them was truly fearsome. Without us competing is a given one of the others will win it.

Get our list fit and healthy in the preseason and load up the tension in the arms shoulders and back and swing for the fences one last time!!! Freaking eat em alive Tigers!! I'm ready to storm the empty pitch at the MCG right now who is with me!!!????

One last time Tigers!!!... Until we win the cup next year then can do a John Farnham and run one last time campaigns as much as we want!! Even with these other campaigner teams playing off in the GF next week no one is better than us when we rolling and ruling!!!
Oh, we are a big chance again all right, and I’m sure that’s why they both recruited and sold the story to Tarrant.

Allir is an overrated dud. Only plays well as a loose man. Terrible when required to play one on one. Beaten by Josh Schache In the prelim. Would not want him for a second rounder.
I’d say the same applies to Stewart from Geelong. Always the loose man, but I accept he does defend better than Allir

I’d say the same applies to Stewart from Geelong. Always the loose man, but I accept he does defend better than Allir
Stewart is a gun.
Aliir is an elite interceptor and had one bad game on a night that their whole team got smashed.
Heck even Rance had bad games where he looked like a fool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allir is an overrated dud. Only plays well as a loose man. Terrible when required to play one on one. Beaten by Josh Schache In the prelim. Would not want him for a second rounder.
Ahhh BigFooty, never change.

Richmond has sent a good strong message to Norf

You fiddle with our kiddie's , We will rip the heart and soul out of your club and take your leader and expose your defence
And thats just the part 1 of our retaliation . Part 2 is Taz making sure Ben Makay coming to Richmond as a free agent in 2 years when Taz retires

finally someone speaking some sense. I said this yesterday with half the words but well said nevertheless.

The swans let him go because he was ordinary one on one. Does not know how to negate a man. Port never play him on the oppo big forward. He plays as a spare. When the dogs forced a tall onto him in the prelim, he sh*t himself.
Yeah I appreciate what you’re saying, but faux-accountable intercept defender is a legitimate role nowadays, and as crucial to winning a match as your best lockdown defender. Not many do both really well - Rance was of course incredible at both roles.

Hinkley and co had no Plan B for deploying Allir last week though. It’s as if they hadn’t even considered the possibility that an oppo would put work into him.

So yeah, Allir lacks flexibility at this point, but he’s definitely not a dud. I reckon you were probably just being a inflammatory posting that though, which is half the fun of these boards. And defending an oppo player’s standing in the game is not a hill I’m prepared to die on, so all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back