List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would've got 2m Peter for a fourth round pick end of 2020 and selected Jacob Van Nistleroy over Tom Brown. Our KPF would be bulging with talent. Lynch, Riewoldt and 2m Peter would all be getting regular games off and playing 80% game time with Pete pinch hitting in the ruck. Soldo, Graham would've been cashed in when valuable and Ralph Smith would've been bundled with something for Hopper to have retained the 1st rounder. Club royally fu@ked our KPF stocks.

I hardly watch opposition games let alone the lower levels anymore. The club's reluctance to play any of Biggie, Bauer or Bradtke helping Jack tells me they're delusionally fantasizing about Jack and the 5 dwarves so I'm interested to see their plan. Don't have any real ideas myself. But my old 2m Peter and Van Rooyen were golden ideas.
The 2mp / Van Rooyen players were discussed here
Did you post that you wanted them ?

Can you link these posts to see this

I wanted Roughead , franklin & Fyfe in their drafts and wanted to trade our crap players so we could get Selwood and Dangerfield
before their drafts.

But i must have forgotten where i put these posts

You must of been a Carlton supporter

Getting all the draft picks in the world whilst thinking premierships only to realise its not draft picks that win flags

You must of been a Carlton supporter.

Getting all the trade for players in the world whilst thinking premierships only to realise it is not trades that win flags. aka Graham, Pickett

Carlton do not trade for draft picks.

They did not draft Judd remember, they drafted Kennedy and gave him up

The things I wanna know are:

- I know it's been harped on about (especially by me sorry), but why did we not draft Van Rooyen when we clearly needed Key Forwards?

- Why did Essendon get to trade absolute peanuts for 2-metre-Peter and Weideman, but we didn't seemingly try to get either? Wright I guess I can understand, he wasn't a real need at the time, but Weideman would have been handy. Maybe he has surprised a few, has been decent but everyone thought he was shit. Just surprised we didn't get linked to him at all.

- I know it's been harped on about (especially by me sorry), but why did we not draft Van Rooyen when we clearly needed Key Forwards?

- Why did Essendon get to trade absolute peanuts for 2-metre-Peter and Weideman, but we didn't seemingly try to get either? Wright I guess I can understand, he wasn't a real need at the time, but Weideman would have been handy. Maybe he has surprised a few, has been decent but everyone thought he was s**t. Just surprised we didn't get linked to him at all.

because we need mids and the forwards where not there.

Did anyone think Van Rooyen could play better than he has from his draft credentials??

who is to say Gibcus will not be better anyway. plus we have a great tall ruck forward prospect in Ryan

Right now our problem is our backline and midfield, not our forwards.

This is why Richo never won a premiership at RFC, the backline was never respected. We should have got Pavlich

because we need mids and the forwards where not there.

Did anyone think Van Rooyen could play better than he has from his draft credentials??

who is to say Gibcus will not be better anyway. plus we have a great tall ruck forward prospect in Ryan

Right now our problem is our backline and midfield, not our forwards.

This is why Richo never won a premiership at RFC, the backline was never respected. We should have got Pavlich
It's all three, we have big deficiencies everywhere now.

Ample? Have to disagree sorry.

We have personnel, yes, do we have any that you're looking forward to getting a game? I'd argue not.

I feel like I am talking to Ken Hinkley.

It is a wonder Dimma was recruited as coach at all

We probably need Leppa because a lot are too focused on forwards and rucks

- Why did Essendon get to trade absolute peanuts for 2-metre-Peter and Weideman, but we didn't seemingly try to get either? Wright I guess I can understand, he wasn't a real need at the time, but Weideman would have been handy. Maybe he has surprised a few, has been decent but everyone thought he was s**t. Just surprised we didn't get linked to him at all.
Weideman, the guy that now plays for the bummers?? You’re kidding if you think he’s any good, at all! Have a mate who follows the Dees and he is a huge critic, and from what I’ve seen to date, I agree with him. No thanks
And why didn’t we draft Van Rooyen? Answer is we likely didn’t rate him, along with most other clubs that had picks anead of us. So easy to criticise the Brown selection over VR, but Brown has been unluckily injured just about the whole time he’s been on our list and as such, hasn’t been able to show what he’s got. I’m not sold on VR at this point, does some good things but doesn’t look a star to date imo

Weideman, the guy that now plays for the bummers?? You’re kidding if you think he’s any good, at all! Have a mate who follows the Dees and he is a huge critic, and from what I’ve seen to date, I agree with him. No thanks
And why didn’t we draft Van Rooyen? Answer is we likely didn’t rate him, along with most other clubs that had picks anead of us. So easy to criticise the Brown selection over VR, but Brown has been unluckily injured just about the whole time he’s been on our list and as such, hasn’t been able to show what he’s got. I’m not sold on VR at this point, does some good things but doesn’t look a star to date imo

I like VR but he was speculative at draft time and he has come on better than arguably anticipated but it says more about VR.

Still how high is VR's ceiling?? Cannot see VR reaching JR's heights

VR is a good player. I do not think he will become a superstar, yet, he may develop further. I do not think Naughton is a superstar either

It is funny, they are still going on about the Bulldogs forward line. Lobb looks like a stuff up

So glad we have Ryan so we do not need to chase a Lobb type. I prefer Coleman Jones to Lobb

Think Gibcus still has a lot of potential upside

VR;s kicking for goal and mobility has come on more than one could anticipate but how much better can he be?? VR has been steady and reliable but he is not the next Buddy obviously

I never rated the Port captain as well as Clurey and finally Hinkley dropped him

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, Van Rooyen is a West Australian. We have a very good track record of western australian recruiting over the years. Rance, McIntosh, Bolton, Pickett, Baker, Broad etc.

If our recruiter from there didn't rate JVR enough to fight for us to take him, I'd be inclined to back it.

Also, Van Rooyen is a West Australian. We have a very food track record of western australian recruiting over the years. Rance, McIntosh, Bolton, Pickett, Baker, Broad etc.

If our recruiter from there didn't rate JVR enough to fight for us to take him, I'd be inclined to back it.

I am not losing sleep over not having VR.

He is a good player, but is he good enough to be a difference in a GF? it depends on the team but the jury is out.

VR looks like a second fiddle at best unless there are a lot of other good forwards around him like Fritsch and Trac.

VR looks like the kind of player that is handy but some supporters lose the plot over

You must of been a Carlton supporter.

Getting all the trade for players in the world whilst thinking premierships only to realise it is not trades that win flags. aka Graham, Pickett

Carlton do not trade for draft picks.

They did not draft Judd remember, they drafted Kennedy and gave him up
NO !!! I dont value draft picks like you do

Magic Beans

2 things to keep in mind when looking at the melbourne players

If Weideman was any good after 6-7 years why did melbourne turf him for free and draft Van Rooyen ?

People melting about missing out on JVR (which i wanted us to take in the draft with the brown selection at the time)
Is he really offering that much more than what Samson Ryan has delivered this year whilst playing Fwd/Ruck

The posters saying no to HH are probs the ones who said no to Prestia ( pick ), said no to Lynch ( money ) and said no to Taranto and Hopper ( picks ) They will always say no because they are posters who are obsessed with picks and drafting.

Also they are posters who would prefer to load up the side with sixteen 22 and unders and develop for 7 years picking up 1st rounders along the way for that one year at glory and then start all over again.

Posters who's season starts in October as that's what excites them more, the actual season is all about draft picks and a loss is never frowned upon ( even though they pretend it does by acting all outraged ) as it's a step closer to a better pick. Trade period is all about seeing who Richmond off load in that quest for a pick, spending a pick to bring a player in oh the horror, how could Richmond do such a stupid thing because all you ever read is them bemoaning the fact that picks were given away right up until draft night.

Saying no to HH who would slot in next to Lynch and allow Ryan to continue to develop next to Nank where he will eventually take over is shortsighted IMO.

And finally, any poster who says they wouldn't be against trading out Dusty because it would bring in a high pick is not a true Richmond fan because no true Richmond fan would ever say this.
I was/have been very supportive of the Prestia, Hopper and Tarantino trades, but I don't see any benefits for the HH recruitment.

Out of curiosity what about HH dont you support ?
If his $$$ was $500k - would you support it ?
Is it his talent that you dont rate ? Why

Money and age and opportunity.

See getting Baker from a late pick is better.

Bradtke could still be a inspired choice and then there is Gibcus and I have not given up on Bauer yet.

If we traded for Bradtke, Gibcus and Bauer they would be no good.

Look at the story on Jimmy Butler. HH is not a Jimmy Butler otherwise he already would be AA

season 5 army GIF

Mr Magic at it again

Let me know when we miss out on a top 3 pick that could get us the next Dusty , Cotchin

Rance & JR were later picks

Mr Magic Beans

Yeah it is not about the pick,

Every draft is different, it is about the range and the pick in relation to the basket and what other recruiters are thinking along with the other draft prospects.

The point is Rance slipped and Taranto was always rated highly through his juniors, JR was a jumper

Weddle was picked later than Nick Cox but clearly was a better draft prospect at the draft but then last year is looking like a super draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back