List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh ok. Do you know if a teams done it before in the past..?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't think so, at least not in recent years. GC only took one pick in 2020, but they'd already prelisted two players through their NT priority access.

I think we'll have two or three picks based on the way things are tracking.

I don't think so, at least not in recent years. GC only took one pick in 2020, but they'd already prelisted two players through their NT priority access.

I think we'll have two or three picks based on the way things are tracking.

Only reason I ask is the fact they are such low picks we will eventually hold that wouldn’t it be best to stock up on delisted player/s as a rookies instead of a unknown kid in a shallow draft

Or the kid with knowledge in the fact that it’s gonna be tough to break into our now strong side.

All hypothetical of cause.

Only reason I ask is the fact they are such low pics that wouldn’t it be best to go a delisted player as a rookie instead of a unknown kid in a shallow draft

Or the kid with knowledge in the fact that it’s gonna be tough to break into our now strong side.

Yeah, could be. The risk of taking too many kids late in the national draft is that you have to give each one a two year contract. We may look at a delisted free agent for a year instead if we feel there's nothing in the backend of the draft, or alternatively upgrade more rookies and take a couple of shots on speculative kids in the rookie draft, as they'll only be on one year deals.

Only reason I ask is the fact they are such low picks we will eventually hold that wouldn’t it be best to stock up on delisted player/s as a rookies instead of a unknown kid in a shallow draft

Who is the indigenous kid that has been training with the Riolis that Richmond and Essendon are after - required to use a top thirty pick to secure him ?

Who is the indigenous kid that has been training with the Riolis that Richmond and Essendon are after - required to use a top thirty pick to secure him
Don't know sorry dude

Could be mistaken but didn’t think we would have that manny list spots to use draft picks if we get Taranto and Hopper

Sheds, Caddy Lambert frees up 3, Soldo frees one so 4 free spots

Taranto and Hopper take up 2

Pickett needs to be elevated off the rookie list so takes one

Stack needs to be elevated if he stays putting us at 0 main list spots

Martyn and RCD could free up two more but we don’t know if they are staying or going yet

Chances are probably one or two at max in the National season draft and a few rookie picks

Could see some moves depending on if the club still wants to keep RCD by putting him onto the rookie list and giving stack his spot on the main list or just using it to free up a spot on the main list.
You're allowed to have up to 2 picks above available list spots to take into the draft for the possibility of trading up to and during the draft. If you can't/don't trade then you lose those picks if you don't have available spots to use.

As it stands right now we've got 34 senior listed for 2023 with Martyn & RCD the only senior listed still unsigned, they could effectively be replaced by Taranto & Hopper, which still leaves us with 34 senior listed. Upgrade Pickett and we'd still have 3 spots available, so if we got those 3 picks back from GWS we could well use them in the draft. Then depending on what happens with Aarts Nyoun & Stack we could have up to 3 rookie list spots available.

What stats are those exactly? I thought Rioli had the most points off turnover despite playing significantly less games. His and Rohans goals per game are fairly similar and Maurice averages more tackles
Not sure to be honest. I heard someone on the radio mention it.
Either way, he’s up there for pressure and what he adds to the team.

Can the 189cm pseudo tall who couldn’t crack a game at Collingwood add much at Geesook? I hope not

I think we 100% should take 2 selections with later picks to fill list needs
1x Ruckman
1 x KPF

Hawks in 2016 took Mitchell Lewis with pick #76 and everybody laughed as that was the year they sent mitchell to Eagles and lewis to melbourne and the name combined was the same as the 2 guns they allowed to leave

Can the 189cm pseudo tall who couldn’t crack a game at Collingwood add much at Geesook? I hope not
Henry played 15 games (two as unused sub, so really 13) this year, for 21 goals. 25 games (28 goals) in his first two seasons. Been a teenager every time he's got on an AFL field. Can play.

I can't see what the big deal is about Geelong's off season. They will have picked up 3 players that were not top 18 at their old clubs and a #7 pick that may or may not be any good. If Bowes deal is spread out over 4 years you would still be spending $500k per year and a list spot on a 2nds player. Plus Bruhn and Henry will be payed much more than rookie wages. I can't see these guys getting a game in a premiership team. It's baffling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, that’s her. 29yo? Wow … she’s a gun!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Phar Ace - I have long suspected that someone on this board is the admin for “the Richmond Journey” I’m not saying it’s you, but check out the reprint of your post

Attachments

• 5274F1E8-2D08-447D-8297-B400E97A8072.png
    5274F1E8-2D08-447D-8297-B400E97A8072.png
    387.7 KB · Views: 176
I can't see what the big deal is about Geelong's off season. They will have picked up 3 players that were not top 18 at their old clubs and a #7 pick that may or may not be any good. If Bowes deal is spread out over 4 years you would still be spending $500k per year and a list spot on a 2nds player. Plus Bruhn and Henry will be payed much more than rookie wages. I can't see these guys getting a game in a premiership team. It's baffling.
They are rebuilding for future years, not just next year. Shovekins turns 35 next year, Rohan 32, Stagerfield 33, Duncan 32, Guthrie 31, Smith 35, Stanley 33, Gutless Dog 30, Cameron 30, Bitcharse 32, Tuohy 34, Ceglar 32, Menegola 31. They can't replace them all with 18-year-olds.

Bowes is an okay player, if a bit slow and not the most penetrating kick. They're taking him on to get pick 7. No guarantees pick 7 will work out but a better chance than next year's third-rounder.

Bruhn I'm meh about. B-grader perhaps. You'd take a B-grader with pick 18.

Henry can play. Like his brother a great size and very good athlete.

I don't think their off-season deserves all the wank over it either, but they've done ok.

Who's spot is he taking?
Dunno. I was just pointing out he could and did get a game at Collingwood. In time Shovekins' spot maybe.

Yeah, could be. The risk of taking too many kids late in the national draft is that you have to give each one a two year contract. We may look at a delisted free agent for a year instead if we feel there's nothing in the backend of the draft, or alternatively upgrade more rookies and take a couple of shots on speculative kids in the rookie draft, as they'll only be on one year deals.
I expect we ll look at
DFA
SPP
mid year spot open
several ways to skin the cat

1x Ruckman
1 x KPF

Hawks in 2016 took Mitchell Lewis with pick #76 and everybody laughed as that was the year they sent mitchell to Eagles and lewis to melbourne and the name combined was the same as the 2 guns they allowed to leave
You think or we 100% should? Which one is it? 🤣

1x Ruckman
1 x KPF

Must draft Shane Lambert or Josh Parker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back