Trade Rumours and Completed deals, 2015/6 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 7, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Swansea, Wizards
I seldom create threads and I know you guys talk about rumored trades/completed deals in the weekly threads, however I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to have some trade discussion in one central place on the lead up to deadline day in mid-late feb, I think it's on the 18th this season.

Few being thrown around today;

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 2h2 hours ago

ESPN sources say Sacramento has promised veteran forward Caron Butler that it will trade him in coming days to find him a team with more PT

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 2h2 hours ago

Sources say that a Caron Butler trade is expected after Christmas, if not sooner, with Milwaukee quickly emerging as the likely destinaiton

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1h1 hour ago

Bucks have young squad & clear need for veteran leadership after losing Jared Dudley & Zaza Pachulia to make financial room for Greg Monroe

Tom Moore ‏@tmoore76ers 1h1 hour ago

Tom Moore Retweeted Rick Ruhl

Hear the Celtics like Noel.

Tom Moore added,

Rick Ruhl @Infamouspits
@tmoore76ers @TheBoMartin I see Noel getting moved, team like the Celtics this year.oakfor is center piece.
2 retweets 2 likes

Rumours relating to Howard are persistent, Howard denying that he wants or expressed an interest to be traded.

In other Rockets news, apparantely they are keen on Markieff Morris. That's so Houston lol

SOURCE: WOLVES MAKE KEVIN MARTIN AVAILABLE FOR TRADE The Minnesota Timberwolves have made veteran scorer Kevin Martin available in trade talks, a person with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press on Wednesday night.

With second-year guard Zach LaVine showing promise as a scorer and Andrew Wiggins playing more at the shooting guard position, the Wolves are looking to move Martin to free up more playing time for their youngsters.

Source: The Associated Press

Reading that a trade involving Ryno and the Phoenix Morris. I won't even say please, just no

Would love for a deal to be made between OKC and the Wolves so we can get Kevin Martin back playing with us. Maybe an Augustin and Singler for Martin deal or a Waiters for Martin deal could be worked out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see what the Lakers do.

There has been a bit of talk that we may be active but it is difficult to see us being major players given the situation in which we currently find ourselves.

We have some good young talent coming through - Randle, Russell & Clarkson in particular - and we must keep hold of them. You can probably add Nance to that list despite not being as talented.

Obviously Kobe won't be going anywhere and I'd be keeping Williams and Bass, but other than that everyone should be shopped around.

Not a whole lot of talent there but someone may bite at Hibbert, Young, Kelly or Sacre.

We won't be involved in any blockbuster trades with the bulk of our rebuilding over the next few seasons to be done through FA and the draft, but there may be a minor deal here or there to be done which could be beneficial.

There has been a bit of talk that we may be active but it is difficult to see us being major players given the situation in which we currently find ourselves.

We have some good young talent coming through - Randle, Russell & Clarkson in particular - and we must keep hold of them. You can probably add Nance to that list despite not being as talented.

Obviously Kobe won't be going anywhere and I'd be keeping Williams and Bass, but other than that everyone should be shopped around.

Not a whole lot of talent there but someone may bite at Hibbert, Young, Kelly or Sacre.

We won't be involved in any blockbuster trades with the bulk of our rebuilding over the next few seasons to be done through FA and the draft, but there may be a minor deal here or there to be done which could be beneficial.

Yeah I the 4 guys you've listed have no value so don't think much will work there.

I think Bass is the guy who will have some value to a contender and you can afford to lose with Nance and Randle taking all the minutes at power forward (even though Bass has been playing the 5).

Yeah I the 4 guys you've listed have no value so don't think much will work there.

Tend to agree but stranger things have happened.

Not completely out of the question that a team making a run to the playoffs looks to add some veteran big-man presence off the bench.

Obviously you won't get much for any of them but something may be offered which assists the rebuild over the next couple of years. If you get the offer, you move the player.

I think Bass is the guy who will have some value to a contender and you can afford to lose with Nance and Randle taking all the minutes at power forward (even though Bass has been playing the 5).

Bass certainly has more value IMO but I'd prefer to keep him and deal Roy. All depends on what (if anything) is offered. Probably can't afford to move both on, though.

Would be amazed if we don't do anything. Not sure when Brewer can be traded but will likely be shopped, Jones certainly is available and if they could move Howard for anything worthwhile too.

Whiteside or D12 going to get dealt?

Will be intriguing to see what happens with Hassan.

Normally you'd say Miami would be crazy to move him on - they are well and truly in the picture in the East and he is a huge part of that.

His contract though throws a real spanner in the works. Out of contract at the end of the season and the Heat can't afford to lose a player of that caliber without receiving anything in return. They'd be in huge trouble with both Bosh and Wade not far from the end of the road.

If they have the slightest inclination that he won't be returning.....they pretty much have to 'cash in'.

Will be intriguing to see what happens with Hassan.

Normally you'd say Miami would be crazy to move him on - they are well and truly in the picture in the East and he is a huge part of that.

His contract though throws a real spanner in the works. Out of contract at the end of the season and the Heat can't afford to lose a player of that caliber without receiving anything in return. They'd be in huge trouble with both Bosh and Wade not far from the end of the road.

If they have the slightest inclination that he won't be returning.....they pretty much have to 'cash in'.
Yep they should bank that cheque and trade him to the cavs for Cunningham

Surely the Lakers don't change much until the season is out.
No offence - but right now the best thing the Lakers can do is continue the status quo:
Keep the focus on Kobe - ie. keep bringing in packed houses.
Keep allowing Russell/Randle/Clarkson to develop in Kobes shadow for another few months.
Allow yourself the best chance for the No 1 Pick.
Then once the season finishes - have a s**t-load of cap space and get rid of Byron Scott and bring in a coach who will be able to develop these young guys.

The only trade asset you really have is Roy Hibbert's expiring contract - except this year everyone gets extra cap space, so don't think teams will give up that much for it - and he's not really looking like a guy that opposition teams will want at this stage. The best option for the Lakers is probably to add his $15m expiring, to Kobes $25m (plus the increased salary cap) - and just have more money to try to chase the right guys to put around your youngsters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back