List Mgmt. Trade targets 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd give Amon, Duursma and our first pick in a heartbeat. Not sure it'd be enough.

JHF is going to be a superstar mid. This gen's Buckley IMO.
I don't know about who, but a lot depends on whether North is more interested in looking for a win if a trade occurs, or they actually want to improve. North is the worst club in Vic for player retention and attracting decent players. For the latter probably worst in league.

North SHOULD be looking at getting players who are actually willing to stay there for 4+ years as part of any trade. Sure a bunch of high picks look good, but besides the gamble they'll be any good, they are also a good chance to want out soon enough.

However emotion comes into this, so I'd expect North would rather chase picks, then a first round pick + 1 or 2 players (unless crazy enough to send a Rozee / Butters). With their right to exist again a hot topic North will, IMO, want a short term 'trade win' to show they are still relevant and stay alive in 2023/2024, rather than a medium term 'improved the list win' to help be still alive in 2026/2027 (and they'd hope not still anchored to the bottom of the ladder).

What do you think gets it done then? Hypothetically of course.
I don’t think we could get it done this year.

He’s contracted, and as I said before, north will have the chip on their shoulder because they’re perpetually 10mins away from folding.

I'd give Amon, Duursma and our first pick in a heartbeat. Not sure it'd be enough.

JHF is going to be a superstar mid. This gen's Buckley IMO.
I’m going to assume you mean Amon compo (if he left).

Pick 10 (give or take) pick 19or pick 25-28 (Amon compo) plus young first 22 player is very competitive with the trades that elite players have gotten. That’s considerably more than we got for all-Australian Chad wingard.

North would still say no to that, this year anyway.

I’ll be ****ed if I would want to give up more than that.

I'm not confident North would reject a request to head home by JHF

You need to cut out cancers whilst you can

They also have a stronger hand this year compared to next

I'm not confident North would reject a request to head home by JHF

You need to cut out cancers whilst you can

They also have a stronger hand this year compared to next

I'd be absolutely certain JHF is gone from North at the end of the season. The issue is we can not responsibly do a deal that gets him here. The Crows will. North are dealing from a position of strength the Crows can certainly thow enough money at Jason to ease the pain of ending up there and the Crows can offer a trade we should not match.

King saying get rid of him isn't a thought bubble it will happen.

We can and should offer something which would match what the Crows can offer. People baulking at losing the likes of Amon, Bergman or Duursma as part of a deal to get JHF are kidding themselves. I'd happily drive all three to the airport myself if that was what it took.

People need to get their head around that fact that a pick 1 in their first year at a rebuilding club is worth nearly as much as Chris Judd at his prime at the trade table.

We would have to give up something we don’t want to lose.

whats rankine's contract status. I still think he would be a good get as we need that genuine small forward that is capable of kicking 4 or 5 a game. I suppose it depends on if Williams can really be that player or are we just wasting our time with him? Getting Rankine with a real coach after hinkley goes would be a big help as well.

We can and should offer something which would match what the Crows can offer. People baulking at losing the likes of Amon, Bergman or Duursma as part of a deal to get JHF are kidding themselves. I'd happily drive all three to the airport myself if that was what it took.
Yep
As crazy as it is this is correct

As the neighbours picks will be higher you cant offer up 2 first and amon compo IMO its going to have to appear overs to get him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think too many object to Amon, Bergman or Duursma plus our first. It's when you start adding another first to that, given how many list holes we still need to fix, or add to have MG, Butters or Rozee as the player shifted that the objections (rightly IMO) start.

No way.
Ladhams, aside from last week, has been going bloody well since he's been in the side.
Probably 2nd best again tonight.
And younger than Scooter too.
They wouldn't take Lycett if we gave him to them for free tbh.
Scooter and our first for Ladhams.

No way.
Ladhams, aside from last week, has been going bloody well since he's been in the side.
Probably 2nd best again tonight.
And younger than Scooter too.
They wouldn't take Lycett if we gave him to them for free tbh.
He would of been dropped tonight if not for hickeys injury.

Powell and Zurhaar are the two I'd be chasing from North that might be gettable
North should have Powell on the table, he’s surplus there and they need picks to address other needs.

I don’t mind him but I don’t think I would go after him too hard either.

Zuurhaar? I’m not sure. We do need forwards yeah, but he strikes me as a guy who takes up a kpp role up forward, would we play him with 3 kpfs? Would he still be kicking as many goals playing 4th / 5th banana? I would be interested in what he would look like but I think he likely sees a big downturn in production here, and because of that I’m not sure I would pay what north would ask. I would also be worried that a coach picks him as a kpf here when our 3kpf line has been the best thing we’ve had going for us lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back