List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be another triumph of our list management to discard a tall with real potential and then bring in rejects from other clubs (Buzza or Brand). There's usually a good reason why players get delisted - they're not frickin' good enough!

Hey it would be a welcome change from us trading for them.

Anyone listen to Kymbo and a Rucci this pm. Could you fill me in?
I came in on the end of it but something about Lycett being pissed off with Port’s treatment of Sammy Gray and would Lycett leave Port?
Im as mad as most about port but It's not ports problem that sam gray isnt afl standard to be offered anything more than what we did.

Even more so now that he got literally no interest, even from gold coast.

Anyone listen to Kymbo and a Rucci this pm. Could you fill me in?
I came in on the end of it but something about Lycett being pissed off with Port’s treatment of Sammy Gray and would Lycett leave Port?

It is possible that after being filled in on a discussion between Dillon and Rucci that you are dumber at the end than at the beginning.

North Melbourne interested in Wylie Buzza now. They must be looking at a Ben Brown Fine Cotton swap betting plunge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, we trade out a 200cm 23 year old taken at #84 in the 2014 Draft with 3 AFL games experience only to chase a 199cm 23 year old taken at #69 in the 2015 Draft with 9 AFL games under the belt. I guess we need someone to fill the huge chasm in our tall man stocks but there is a 'like for like' touch about this which makes me wonder why we traded Frampton.

If we do get Wylie Buzza will Ken be any more likely to give him a decent crack at it than he was with Billy Frampton? I definitely think Hinkley had an issue with Frampton so hopefully if we get this guy he won't carry the same baggage.

Quick reminder that we didn't manage to actually trade in anybody. However we did succeed in getting rid of 3 tall players who were close to our best 22. Oh and went backwards in the draft with our first pick.

Quick response highlighting that:
* one of the players will be 32 prior to 2020 season and this board was screaming that it would be mismanagement if we traded him.
* one of the players had managed 3 games in 5 years on the list, for a variety of reasons, one being ability.

I'm disappointed with our off-season but fabricating facts doesn't help.

Quick response highlighting that:
* one of the players will be 32 prior to 2020 season and this board was screaming that it would be mismanagement if we traded him.
* one of the players had managed 3 games in 5 years on the list, for a variety of reasons, one being ability.

Agreed on Ryder, however if you're chopping a bunch of height out it would make sense to keep at least one of them. At a minimum he's a handy backup in case lycett goes down

That's more of an indictment on our coach. Cam Sutcliffe got more of a go in half a season than Billy did.

Agreed on Ryder, however if you're chopping a bunch of height out it would make sense to keep at least one of them.
That argument was thrown up mid season and the overwhelming forum thought was do not keep Ryder .... If Lycett goes down, we have Ladhams in the side, and Hayes .. both younger.... and to be fair Ryder's not going to be happy to sit in the SANFL at a SANFL salary as a break glass option if there are other options out there and it would be mismanagement of the highest order to pay a big salary for him to be doing this.
Basically, you cant sit here as a forum and abuse the club for thinking of resigning Ryder in June, and then sit here and abuse the club for NOT resigning him in October.

That's more of an indictment on our coach. Cam Sutcliffe got more of a go in half a season than Billy did.

I've always been of the belief that the person that has the biggest influence on a players career is the player themself. Cutting through the crap, Frampton was basically a liability for the first 3.5 years of his career as a ruckman and lucky to be on a list at all .... was tried forward and showed a little, but if you analyse his stats, kicked about 80% of his goals in walkovers against bottom sides this year ..... and when there was a possibility of a call up he was very good at getting himself rubbed out. There was no justification for giving him a 2yr or longer contract based on his track record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back