Training Training Reports - Current report, Monday 13th February, Post #1427

Remove this Banner Ad

With only 14 games to get there you would think he would be looked after enough to reach the milestone & still be fresh for the finals.
I would expect him to miss 1-2 before the bye & a couple leading into September
I can see Hodgie telling them that his body feels great and he will push to play as many games as he could, including finals!. I say 20 games.☺

Don't buy into this. If fit he'll play.
It's his final season
He'll play, but will be rested at times throughout the year, more so than ever before
They want him cherry ripe for 1 last finals campaign if we are good enough to be contesting

I would just love Hodgey to WIN the last final he plays in; this would cap off a fantastic player's career. (A norm Smith around his neck would be fitting also, although this would tempt him to want to go on.)
Well, it went alright for Crawf. I don't see why we can't honour Hodgey with the same.

Well, it went alright for Crawf. I don't see why we can't honour Hodgey with the same.
Tucky too (although not sure he wanted it to be his last game).

In fact we have a long list of players who's last games were played in a winning final. More recently, Croad, Goo, Lake & Hale (in addition to Crawf).

Tucky too (although not sure he wanted it to be his last game).

In fact we have a long list of players who's last games were played in a winning final. More recently, Croad, Goo, Lake & Hale (in addition to Crawf).

It probably helps that you play and win a lot of finals too.;):thumbsu::rainbow:

Heading down for what will probably be my last session for this preseason. Report back later.
Hey Axe. We can probably start a FundMe page so you can keep going.

Hey Axe. We can probably start a FundMe page so you can keep going.

I like it. But if I get paid to report on footy, does that make me one of those 'footy journalists', you know, like Slobbo? I would feel dirty. Today's report to follow soonish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like it. But if I get paid to report on footy, does that make me one of those 'footy journalists', you know, like Slobbo? I would feel dirty. Today's report to follow soonish.

No, it's the gibberish and slurred words in your posts that make us think of Robbo. ;)

Yeah, I understand how it would make you feel dirty being compared to that fat drunken pig. Even if you are a fat drunken pig, you would be OUR fat drunken pig and as such revered eternally. But I very much doubt you are like that as your reports indicate a considerable degree of intelligence, something not often found amid the footy journalists fraternity.

I'm only posting here so I get a watched thread notification for when axeman does his training update. :)
you can watch a thread without posting in it up the top of the page

Today's session was a bit different, not as easy to pick the outstanding performers as there were lots of different groups doing varying drills around the ground, so today's report might be a little light on for info, but I will give you what I've got.

There was a 15 minute match simulation that made for great viewing, approx 15 players per side. The match was played with a high intensity, some good hard hits and strong tackling. Lovell (playing for the yellow team) was matching up against Stewart (playing for the brown team) in the middle and it was a great battle between two guys that I personally think are a big part of our future midfield. Those two guys were pretty much in everything, Lovell's clearance work was excellent and Stewart's will to get to the ball first (which he did) and to throw himself into contests was Langford like.

Billy Hartung was in amongst the action, going into the centre square and doing some good work, so he is obviously over whatever injury he had.

After the last few sessions I am thinking that Ricky Henderson may turn out to be more than just a handy depth player. He gets his hands on the ball a lot and uses it really well.

Ryan Burton was Hodge like playing the loose man in defence, mopping up effortlessly, looking like he has all the time and space in the world. Sublime kicking to his teammates (except for one kick that went out on the full but we'll let that slide...)

Nash's closing speed is exceptional. Twice in a row he spoiled Smith's attempts to mark, demonstrating speed and ability to read where the ball was going.

Tom Mitchell was busy being a ball magnet, Rough was running through the midfield and into the forward line, looking like he hasn't missed a beat.

Teia Miles ability to read the play and outsmart his opponent is excellent, as is his disposal.

Max Bailey had a small group off to the side doing various ball related drills fo rthe whole session. The group consisted of Whitecross, O'Rourke, Lewis, Surman, Howe, Hardwick and Cousins.

Jaegar trained away from the group, spent a lot of time kicking off both sides to a coach about 30 to 40 metres away, then was having shots at goal from all over the 50 meter area, off both feet, drilled them all. Don't think he is injured as he didn't appear to have any issues moving around. Might just be reducing his workload for a while.

That's all I've got, but will add anything else I can think off or remember.

That will (most likely) be all from me for this preseason, so thanks for reading and bring on the real stuff.

Cheers,
The Axeman.

Today's session was a bit different, not as easy to pick the outstanding performers as there were lots of different groups doing varying drills around the ground, so today's report might be a little light on for info, but I will give you what I've got.

There was a 15 minute match simulation that made for great viewing, approx 15 players per side. The match wsa played with a high intensity, some good hard hits and strong tackling. Lovell (playing for the yellow team) was matching up against Stewart (playing for the brown team) in the middle and it was a great battle between two guys that I personally think are a big part of our future midfield. Those two guys were pretty much in everything, Lovell's clearance work was excellent and Stewart's will to get to the ball first (which he did) and to throw himself into contests was Langford like.

Billy Hartung was in amongst the action, going into the centre square and doing some good work, so he is obviously over whatever injury he had.

After the last few sessions I am thinking that Ricky Henderson may turn out to be more than just a handy depth player. He gets his hands on the ball a lot and uses it really well.

Ryan Burton was Hodge like playing the loose man in defence, mopping up effortlessly, looking like he has all the time and space in the world. Sublime kicking to his teammates (except for one kick that went out on the full but we'll let that slide...)

Nash's closing speed is exceptional. Twice in a row he spoiled Smith's attempts to mark, demonstrating speed and ability to read where the ball was going.

Tom Mitchell was busy being a ball magnet, Rough was running through the midfield and into the forward line, looking like he hasn't missed a beat.

Teia Miles ability to read the play and outsmart his opponent is excellent, as is his disposal.

Max Bailey had a small group off to the side doing various ball related drills fo rthe whole session. The group consisted of Whitecross, O'Rourke, Lewis, Surman, Howe, Hardwick and Cousins.

Jaegar trained away from the group, spent a lot of time kicking off both sides to a coach about 30 to 40 metres away, then was having shots at goal from all over the 50 meter area, off both feet, drilled them all. Don't think he is injured as he didn't appear to have any issues moving around. Might just be reducing his workload for a while.

That's all I've got, but will add anything else I can think off or remember.

That will (most likely) be all from me for this preseason, so thanks for reading and bring on the real stuff.

Cheers,
The Axeman.

Your reports have been required reading over these long summer months.
Great work and thanks Axe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back