Toast Travis Boak - Captain Courageous

Remove this Banner Ad

How good was boaks tackling?! He’s really building into some nice form!

He just needs to stop trying to break tackles. He’s not Powell pepper, should always take the first option.

But is coming along nicely

How good was boaks tackling?! He’s really building into some nice form!

He just needs to stop trying to break tackles. He’s not Powell pepper, should always take the first option.

But is coming along nicely
It was a great tackle by Boak in the forward pocket, then the ball getting to Chad, who goaled :D

At least he kicks on goal when the opportunity is there.
Unlike Wines, who passed off last night, instead of having a shot.
FTFY. He misses a bloody lot of shots.

Wearing no.10 tonight!!
Announcement imminent?

No - this was the reason.

Henry Mickan, is an 8-year-old, third generation Port Adelaide fan who was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia when he was just 7.
When he was diagnosed, his only request was to become a PAFC member.
He has since responded well to treatment and is now getting back into school and footy.
With the support of the game day charity partner the Childhood Cancer Association, Boak - an ambassador for the Association - has kindly offered to hand over the captaincy to Henry for a day and the youngster will run-out as club captain on Sunday, wearing a number 1 jumper presented to him by Boak in front of the playing group

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2018-07-20/boak-to-wear-number-10-for-a-great-cause

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still plays his best footy in the middle...

Yep. I think that's the issue for Travis. He's been managed out of his best position. When we are crying out for leadership, he's in the no-man's land of the high half-forward reliant on others to get the ball out to him. Then, he's running himself ragged from the back line to the forwards, travelling at a speed and intensity that does not allow him to dispose of it properly.

Look at his goal on the weekend and tell me that he wasn't trying to will the team back into the game. And yet, he languished.

Part of the problem is we have too many players who can play Boak's position. Each of Ollie, SPP, Ebert and Rockliff can play that inside mid role. Then, we have Robbie, who plays inside but with more skill than grunt.

Recruiting, we're not that good at it. As a result, we keep trying to fit players in positions that aren't quite right for them.

Has Boak fronted the media yet to explain the rudderless leadership in the last couple of minutes of the game?

When we lose he goes missing off field just like on field. Nothing courageous about that.

I know you post some hyperbole s**t for likes, but this statement is some of the biggest garbage I've seen posted on this site - and I don't have pafc66 blocked.

Nah Feel is on the money here.. boaks best game is about 18-23 possessions a game and a goal at best.. that's basically Logan esque.. you can block me too if you like. Bloke tries his absolute guts out.. no1 can fault that but he's finished.

Has Boak fronted the media yet to explain the rudderless leadership in the last couple of minutes of the game?

When we lose he goes missing off field just like on field. Nothing courageous about that.

That's the other thing.. every close game we've thrown he hasn't fronted the media. People can throw s**t at Walker but atleast he fronted up.

It's not how many times Boak gets the ball that is the issue - it is what he does with it. His ball use is very very poor, but the comparison with Logan is ridiculous.

He just seems to telegraph everything. Defenders always seem to know exactly what he's trying to do before he does it.

You know how people say that when guys like Simon Black and Scott Pendlebury get the ball, time seems to slow down around them? Boak is the opposite. He can get the ball 5-10 metres in the clear but still somehow always seems to get tackled or smothered before he can get rid of it.

Nah Feel is on the money here.. boaks best game is about 18-23 possessions a game and a goal at best.. that's basically Logan esque.. you can block me too if you like. Bloke tries his absolute guts out.. no1 can fault that but he's finished.
In over 100 AFL games, Logan got 20+ and (at least one) goal 5 times.
Boak's done it 8 times this year alone.

Sure they play different roles, but Boak has significantly more class and skill than Logan - and still provides that most weeks.

boaks best game is about 18-23 possessions a game and a goal at best.. that's basically Logan esque..

Both of these statements are patently untrue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back