MRP / Trib. Tribunal Thread - rules and offences discombobulation

Remove this Banner Ad

Adrain saying it should only be two weeks. So just splitting hairs.
He's ****ed it then. Higgins concussed someone. You don't get one or two weeks for concussing someone. You either prove that what you did didn't constitute a reportable action at all and therefore get no penalty, or you get a big penalty.

Since the “good boy” case, the “compelling and exceptional circumstances” clause is the new buzz word in the AFL.

Everyone is giving it a go.

“No, I can’t be guilty of that murder as I have compelling and exceptional circumstances”.

Adrain saying it should only be two weeks. So just splitting hairs.
Based on what?

Concussion = Severe = 3 weeks.

Its not high impact. Is he arguing for a good bloke discount again?

Based on what?

Plead not guilty based on compelling and exceptional circumstances.

Basically said that he can’t be suspend as Aliir is 16kg heavier than him and knocked himself out by trying to kick the ball.

Don’t know how either of them are compelling and exceptional. But AFL…

Plead not guilty based on compelling and exceptional circumstances.

Basically said that he can’t be suspend as Aliir is 16kg heavier than him and knocked himself out by trying to kick the ball.

Don’t know how either of them are compelling and exceptional. But AFL…
Then he should be arguing to be let off and no games.

Dont know how it goes from 3 to 2. Its either 3 or 0.

Longer is less likely for mine.

The case for a reduced penalty has to be so overwhelming compelling that it can't be used as an example of the afl being accepting of the risk of concussion to a player in a legal action against them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on what?

Its the AFL once again shooting itself in the foot.

When the AFL first brought in these actions, the impacts were rated as such:
Low Impact : victim is able to keep playing, taking their own free kick from the reportable incident.
Medium Impact: player has to leave the ground to be checked by doctor. Player also leaves the ground under their own power. Able to keep playing out the game.
High Impact: Player has to be helped from the game, player is taken out of the game.
Severe Impact: Player is taken off on a stretcher. And unable to continue the game.

Then during 2020 we saw Brad Ebert and Sam Mayes both suspended under medium impact, when the player got up and took their free kick and played out the rest of the match.

But now, they just go: conussion therefore severe.

Under those old grading levels (which was when Adrian Anderson was still at the AFL), Higgins would've been graded as high impact. And gotten two weeks.

If they kept those grading approaches, you could actually look at what caused a suspension. Like when Nathan Murphy went off with concussion, after the slight knock from Rioli. Or even Jordan Ripley, for the trailing arm in the game against Essendon. Those two knocks being ranked as the same impact as Jimmy Webster's bump on Simpkin.

Last edited:
Another bloke bumps and gets 3.. how the hell did SPP get 4.. thought 4 was the standard..
Another bump and the MRO uses his dicretion and doesn't explain why this hasn't gone direct to the Tribunal and gives the player 3 games.

Brown was stiff. There was always going to be a collision. There was less than a full step between McCartin touching the ball and the collision. Player's are allowed to protect themselves.

Geelongs Tom Atkins has been fined for tripping JHF in the 4th qtr, fine of $3,750 as it is a second tripping offence in Atkins rolling record.
So you can just kick an opposition player in the leg & pay a small fine? Maybe give a free kick away if the umpires “see” it.
The MRO grading was intentional/low impact/body contact.
Not sure of the low impact grading, JHF was down for a while & I wouldn’t be surprised if they were to find a hairline fracture in a week or so.

Geelongs Tom Atkins has been fined for tripping JHF in the 4th qtr, fine of $3,750 as it is a second tripping offence in Atkins rolling record.
So you can just kick an opposition player in the leg & pay a small fine? Maybe give a free kick away if the umpires “see” it.
The MRO grading was intentional/low impact/body contact.
Not sure of the low impact grading, JHF was down for a while & I wouldn’t be surprised if they were to find a hairline fracture in a week or so.
It looked like a trip to me straight away, but the green maggots had paid JHF a free for around the neck 5 minutes or so earlier, basically in the same spot. The maggots were too scared to pay it again against Geelong.

It looked like a trip to me straight away, but the green maggots had paid JHF a free for around the neck 5 minutes or so earlier, basically in the same spot. The maggots were too scared to pay it again against Geelong.

100% agree, if it had been paid the contentious advantage may not of occurred or mattered.. although I thought Aliir was interfered with by Rohan in the goal square - Aliir was trying to position himself to mark the ball but Rohan was scraging him/pushing him out of the contest for Cameron to mark the ball.

Port Adelaide’s Tom Clurey has accepted a $125 fine for striking North’s Lachlan Grubb at Alberton Oval on Saturday.

Tom Clurey (Port) – Striking
Conduct:
Intentional
Impact: Low
Penalty: $125 fine (Accepted)

Port Adelaide’s Tom Clurey has accepted a $125 fine for striking North’s Lachlan Grubb at Alberton Oval on Saturday.

Tom Clurey (Port) – Striking
Conduct:
Intentional
Impact: Low
Penalty: $125 fine (Accepted)

No great loss, be was a Grubb anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back