Coach Tyson Goldsack - Defensive Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Great move. It is a clear F... You to both the AFL and SANFL.
If the AFL decide to reduce a clubs whole Soft Cap to the equivalent of 5 AFL Executives annual Salaries, and we find a way around it, one to us.
If the SANFL bring in a rule to reduce who our top up players can be, and we find a way around it, another one to us.
This is what successful organizations do.

I'm ok with this, if we're rorting the salary cap somehow or just taking advantage of a stupid technicality I'm 100% for it

More clubs are doing it than not. Why be left behind because of aesthetics.

I don't even remember why O'shea was called Fridge, but I do remember loving the name.
Wasn't it because of how skinny he was? A bit of a redhead being nicknamed 'bluey' scenario.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait until he’s ripping the sanfl apart and it makes sense to give him a run

He’s on the list and I’m assuming training with the main group at an elite level. I’m betting he wants to get a game even if it’s not supposed to happen

If only one thing comes from the 'whole of AFL review' then it must be that they change the name of the rookie list to the supplementary list.

Yes, a 33 year old with 159 AFL games is stretching the definition of rookie a bit. Of course rookies started out as players who were overlooked in the drafts but over time the system has changed. I am not sure what Tyson Goldsack's role is in 2021 but if he is still employed in a development role he is probably earning more than a rookie.

As I posted elsewhere rookie listing Goldsack is a pretty smart move by us because it effectively gives us two SANFL leadership players.

Yes, a 33 year old with 159 AFL games is stretching the definition of rookie a bit. Of course rookies started out as players who were overlooked in the drafts but over time the system has changed. I am not sure what Tyson Goldsack's role is in 2021 but if he is still employed in a development role he is probably earning more than a rookie.

As I posted elsewhere rookie listing Goldsack is a pretty smart move by us because it effectively gives us two SANFL leadership players.

That's if he can stay on the park and play an entire season with notable form. He had recurring injuries that limited his games played to just 4 in 2018 and I think he was nowhere to be seen in 2019 either with injury issues. No games played in 2020 and turning 34 early 2021, if he gets to complete the entire season I'll be surprised.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back