Autopsy Another LOSS for a LOSER COACH - we just needed to work harder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's why SPP needs to be in there. the other week when rozee he got tackled hard he put the opposition player on his arse pretty quick.
He did also step in last night when Guffrie smashed Robbie to the ground after play had stopped after a free and he had clearly indicated that he wasn't playing on. SPP got a nice handful of filthy dreadlocks as he dragged him off Robbie as well. Made him bitch to the umpire. So at least we do have 1 bloke out there trying to look after his teammates

Correction - there is no evidence available to the public to support this claim.

The coaches are with these guys every day. They know what Duursma is capable of. People say about Bergman that he was absolutely horrible and didn’t look anywhere near AFL selection when he got the call up. But perhaps he was getting to the right positions, presenting options, defending and doing all the things required at AFL level and the coaches knew that it would translate into senior level.

Duursma should be in our best 22. But it’s not a vendetta against him that he’s not.
The coaches are proven failures with 9 years of wasting careers and potentials and a complete lack of success in developing a winning culture. Their opinion means less than zero.

Maybe one day Jonesy can play a role there - the Hulk-like Ollie doesn't seem to have it in him.

doesn't have an aggressive bone in his body. was sure he would have fired up after ladhams dropped a cheap arse punch into his ribs while on the ground..

Bergman is a great example of why Ken should be giving games to the younger players. Who gives a stuff whether Port is still a mathematic chance of making the Finals. The fact is in 2021 we're 1-8 against top 8 teams. There won't be any Premiership this season.

A month or so ago Bergman was running around in the SANFL and people were questioning what was wrong with him because he wasn't lighting the world on fire. You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys.

Exactly. Watching Duursma play SANFL disgusts me to no end, he’s an AFL winger - something we need. * Amon off if he won’t sign

And now a word from Chris Scott:

This is why I say at the draft we need to pick at least one or two dangerous forward/mids that can replace the likes of Rozee and Butters up forward if they are going to be in the midfield full time. Fantasia should be one of them, but he's never on the park.

Again, if there is an obligation to understand how the team structures up and the system that it wants to play once a player reaches 100 games, of what benefit is playing guys who don't show this awareness during games? Game fitness is one thing, but not getting to the right positions in the first quarter means you are an unaware footballer and shouldn't be getting games.

tl;dr - once we get McEntee to 100 games we’ll be right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SPOT ON.

Rozee being slung to the ground by Atkins in that first quarter was ignored by the umps but should have been a red flag to the players on the ground and the bench that they needed to respond aggressively to break the tag - much like SPP did a couple of weeks back.

Coincidentally, the only free paid by the umpires was AGAINST Rozee and TO Atkins in the first quarter when Rozee tried to break free from a hold. As always it is always the responder who cops it.
I’m not all over tactics but it was pretty obvious from the start that the bigger bodied Atkins was on a mission. A bit of leadership would have put SPP straight in onto Atkins with Rozee going to a Guthrie/Dangerfield/Selwood or whoever the **** was in there from Geelong. I just can’t fathom how meekly we seem to accept those situations. To rely on Robbie to do the dirty work. I’m sure he took it upon himself. Can’t imagine that situation continuing if Greg Phillips was on the ground.

Amon is such a teaser. He took an awesome mark going back with the flight in the first quarter. His next kick (had the right idea) was poorly executed and ended up with a turnover that Geelong scored a goal out of, which was a bit of a momentum killer. If he's not going to be around next season we may as well give games to other players that will be since the season is over.

The compensation value probably drops if he's dropped.

I’m not all over tactics but it was pretty obvious from the start that the bigger bodied Atkins was on a mission. A bit of leadership would have put SPP straight in onto Atkins with Rozee going to a Guthrie/Dangerfield/Selwood or whoever the **** was in there from Geelong. I just can’t fathom how meekly we seem to accept those situations. To rely on Robbie to do the dirty work. I’m sure he took it upon himself. Can’t imagine that situation continuing if Greg Phillips was on the ground.

I am a tactics junkee. A talent learned from an early age of being an ordinary player trying to find some relevance.

And the huge advantage on being centre wing at the ground for games instead of watching on the screen is that you can see events unfolding way beyond the field of view of the TV camera. Things that change the course of the game go unnoticed by commentators who these days are watching a screen from home rather than at the ground scanning the ground.

(The day we have a broadcaster who actually gets that this is a fast moving game played on a a huge field and that multiple camera angles of what happens across the field as opposed to to where the ball happens to be at any point in time is the day the TV coverage of the game is up to speed with the game.)

As you have highlighted, from before the moment the ball was bounced it was clear that Rozee was targeted for harsh physical attention by Atkins and that didn't let up for the whole first half. HTF can that happen to a player who has been our most devastating attacking weapon in recent weeks without responding?

I am a tactics junkee. A talent learned from an early age of being an ordinary player trying to find some relevance.

And the huge advantage on being centre wing at the ground for games instead of watching on the screen is that you can see events unfolding way beyond the field of view of the TV camera. Things that change the course of the game go unnoticed by commentators who these days are watching a screen from home rather than at the ground scanning the ground.

(The day we have a broadcaster who actually gets that this is a fast moving game played on a a huge field and that multiple camera angles of what happens across the field as opposed to to where the ball happens to be at any point in time is the day the TV coverage of the game is up to speed with the game.)

As you have highlighted, from before the moment the ball was bounced it was clear that Rozee was targeted for harsh physical attention by Atkins and that didn't let up for the whole first half. HTF can that happen to a player who has been our most devastating attacking weapon in recent weeks without responding?
It was mentioned on this board numerous times that the increased attention was coming. Yet I didn’t see anything done about it.
Re your point about tv coverage, it’s why I’ll continue going to games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other thing that stands out about Geelong's recruiting / developing is that as soon as one key player leaves their system because of retirement, they have replacements ready to go the next year, with little wasted time to bring them up to a high AFL level. Their ability to maintain excellent key, lockdown and intercept defenders despite player turnover stands out, along with dangerous goal-kicking smalls to play around Hawkins.
Couldn’t agree more. It would be hard to argue against Geelong being the best performing football club in the modern era.

Gotta say I can't wait until Karl Amon fukcs off too

His first quarter was the worst 13 possession quarter I've ever seen.

This just jumped out at me on FB... so I jumped back a few feet.

"We did not perform at the level we wanted for long enough" -Klinkley

This late in his career and he finds a new way to say "hardery for longery". Or maybe was it club PR/media who desperately sought out another phrase for him to use so as not to use the one they know triggers so many by now? Question probably belongs in the club propaganda thread.

One thing I've noticed lately about Rozee is that the tackle is being initiated on him before he actually gets possession.

Needs to add the flopping element into his game or simply just not collect the ball and get the free that way.

One thing I've noticed lately about Rozee is that the tackle is being initiated on him before he actually gets possession.

Needs to add the flopping element into his game or simply just not collect the ball and get the free that way.
He doesn’t play for Geelong m8

this has been happening to him for a while, he's done the flop a few times too (which i don't like) but umps seem to have stopped paying them. if he played in victoria however..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back