Autopsy Another LOSS for a LOSER COACH - we just needed to work harder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have zero ability to keep momentum or to stop another team with momentum. We're always susceptible to conceding runs of goals.

Did anyone seriously go into the last quarter thinking we'd win?

That said, despite what others have said, I think the players would have a much harder edge under a coach that wasn't an excuse making loser of the highest order.
Not only does he thrive on making excuses - Ken rarely focuses on the negatives. Rather, he tells people how fantastic our comeback was - completely ignoring the fact that we play a diabolical quarter, which then leaves us in an unwinnable position. It's a major reason why I can't listen to the bloke any more.

I don’t want to excuse Ken, but because our players do not get the same treatment by the maggots as players at Vic clubs, we’ve had a hard edge coached out of the team to compensate, and it costs us wins.

Wines is moving forward into him, with the rules its upto Ollie not to run into his head.

The bigger problem with this was the umpires ignoring the high contact on Boak that occured just before this.

For a big bloke that ragdolls key backs, he threw his body backwards like a stuntman on a cable pull

The contact was slight, Hawkins caused it and he massively over exaggerated

Either fining him or embarassing him through the media is the only way to stomp this shite out
This wasn't anywhere near as bad a situation as when he went the flop against Hawthorn.

Felt this during the game

dac6460a-f5ed-486f-988f-d14bc6aa9957-jpeg.1454624
595D38DB-4C15-4D84-BD6D-213FA44F8789.jpeg

I don’t want to excuse Ken, but because our players do not get the same treatment by the maggots as players at Vic clubs, we’ve had a hard edge coached out of the team to compensate, and it costs us wins.
Has he ever stood up for our players and the way umpires treat our players though? NO!

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wines is moving forward into him, with the rules its upto Ollie not to run into his head.

The bigger problem with this was the umpires ignoring the high contact on Boak that occured just before this.

This wasn't anywhere near as bad a situation as when he went the flop against Hawthorn.
Agree on Ollie Wines' role, and its all split second, but it looks to me like Hawkins picks the ball up, turns towards Wines and keeps his head low. Still a free kick I guess, but at what stage does "protecting the head" also apply to the owner of said head?

It sucked let’s be honest , so did the one where he pushed Clurey in the back before he marked it and the mark that got paid to Cameron even though the ball hit the ground . They were all goals too, add the one we gave away when Burton kicked it straight to Isaac Smith on the half time siren and he goaled

Felt this during the game

View attachment 1454624
The problem is it even expands out of individual games. 2021 our end of season run and Dogs win in R23 was amazing. They suck you in and then bang in the prelim let us down yet again. Across quarters, games, months, years, it has been the same cycle.

I'm numb to the roller-coaster, but so broken regarding our overall plight and the descent of our club from great to nothing but mediocrity accepting little battler club thats no longer focussed on the ultimate goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back