Autopsy Another LOSS for a LOSER COACH - we just needed to work harder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was I watching the same game? Jonas is copping hate when he was head and shoulders our best player back there. Aliir cops nothing for continuously showing he can play no other role back there other than the Hollywood 3rd man position. You're a big brute ffs. He should be much better in 1 on 1 battles, or at least TRYING to improve. DBJs hack kicks will be the death of me. Truly one of the lowest IQ players I've ever seen at AFL level. Pea brain

Just fk off Ken. No one likes you at this club, the only reason you are still here is because the board is weak as piss. Have some *ing dignity and walk away politely now.

Your comments pre game pretty much caused our last quarter capitulation. You are a loser that creates a loser culture and doubt. * off or I’m done for next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was I watching the same game? Jonas is copping hate when he was head and shoulders our best player back there. Aliir cops nothing for continuously showing he can play no other role back there other than the Hollywood 3rd man position. You're a big brute ffs. He should be much better in 1 on 1 battles, or at least TRYING to improve. DBJs hack kicks will be the death of me. Truly one of the lowest IQ players I've ever seen at AFL level. Pea brain

Allir is probably the most overrated player in our entire 150 year history. It always amazes me how much s**t Jonas gets and Allir cops nothing but praise.

Genuinely surprised at all the backlash to this game, clearly I've just checked out because to me it's just another nothing game in a nothing season. Feel bad for those that care but I checked out midway through the Hawthorn game.

4 games to go, 2 games out, we're an awkward amount out of the 8. We aren't getting in but we haven't killed the mathematical chance, which hurts.

Sack the lot of them. #sackhinkley #SACKKOCH #sackrichardson

Genuinely surprised at all the backlash to this game, clearly I've just checked out because to me it's just another nothing game in a nothing season. Feel bad for those that care but I checked out midway through the Hawthorn game.

4 games to go, 2 games out, we're an awkward amount out of the 8. We aren't getting in but we haven't killed the mathematical chance, which hurts.

Sack the lot of them. #sackhinkley #SACKKOCH #sackrichardson
Yeah I’m probably not checking out midway through round 2. But I’m done now.

How much influence Nathan Bassett had at the club when he first arrived as defensive coach I believe and how much influence he has now might be a large part of the answer.
He was quoted many years ago stating that height in defence isn't that important or something very similar along that sentiment.
He said you dont play tall defenders unless the tall they need to defend is good. Then we got murdered by Essendons then no name part time forwards that very week. This was like 7 or 8 years ago lmao.

He's an arrogant ********.

Didn't watch the game but I have seen the score, can I take a few guesses?

We kick the first two or three, Geelong peg us back and then open up a big lead. We then put forward a spirited comeback, but it runs out of puff and we don't quite get over the line. Ken praises the team for their fight against such a good team.

How'd I do?

We kick the first two or three, Geelong peg us back and then open up a big lead. We then put forward a spirited comeback, but it runs out of puff and we don't quite get over the line. Ken praises the team for their fight against such a good team.

How'd I do?

ding ding ding !

We lost to Fremantle by 8 pts
We lost to Melbourne by 14 pts
We lost to Geelong by 12 pts

Just not good enough in the crunch games.

Around 14', 15' it was all about incremental gains, getting the missing pieces to the jigsaw.

I think that has passed us now, it's root-and-branch type stuff required.

Game this week vs Collingwood at the G we need to be going in with at least; Georgiades, Burgoyne, Mead, Schofield, Bergman. It's a "learning opportunity" for them.

Gray, Motlop, Jonas and maybe Boak unfortunately the race has been run..... And lost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw his presser.

Thing is, champions get angry after losses. Not content with being able to keep the game close and look forward to next week.

I've said this before, you want a group of players and coaches that get angry at losses and lose sleep over it. When you win, it should only feel like relief.
"Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser"

Why do we all know that we would play well, be in front only to fall asleep and let the opposition kick goals to a point of us being 5 down. Then we spend half a game playing catch up only to lose by a couple of goals.

Why the hell do we all know the outcome under Hinkley.

This movie is a decade old now, enough is enough.

Allir is probably the most overrated player in our entire 150 year history. It always amazes me how much s**t Jonas gets and Allir cops nothing but praise.

The modern fan loves attack and doesn't understand or value defence.

It's the same in most sports.

I was surprised how often Jason Burgoyne made position in the clear in the corridor and was not used by senior team mates. He could have had a Rising Star nomination game if he had been used as often as he presented.

Bergman is a beauty. Gets up and down the ground, strong in the contest, reliable overhead mark, fearless and has a genuinely penetrating 50m kick. Should be played on ball, he would be a weapon.

How much influence Nathan Bassett had at the club when he first arrived as defensive coach I believe and how much influence he has now might be a large part of the answer.
He was quoted many years ago stating that height in defence isn't that important or something very similar along that sentiment.
Bassett is one of those team defence collective types that think you can cobble together an effective defence with scrubbers.

I was surprised how often Jason Burgoyne made position in the clear in the corridor and was not used by senior team mates. He could have had a Rising Star nomination game if he had been used as often as he presented.

Bergman is a beauty. Gets up and down the ground, strong in the contest, reliable overhead mark, fearless and has a genuinely penetrating 50m kick. Should be played on ball, he would be a weapon.
Bergman is a great example of why Ken should be giving games to the younger players. Who gives a stuff whether Port is still a mathematic chance of making the Finals. The fact is in 2021 we're 1-8 against top 8 teams. There won't be any Premiership this season.

A month or so ago Bergman was running around in the SANFL and people were questioning what was wrong with him because he wasn't lighting the world on fire. You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys.

I think the talent is there. You see it in those quarters where the brakes are off.
What we lack is a definable structure and plan beyond work harder.
The other thing we lack is being drilled how to kill out the last few minutes of quarter after years of giving away late goals to the point that it is a meme

Yep, agree totally with this. I don't think it's talent at all.

The issue is, when the chips are down we revert to type and just start bombing long to loose defenders. Teams know we'll do this and just wait us out.

What has really collapsed since 2020/21 is our transition defence. We get absolutely smacked by quick opposition ball movement out of defence. Geelong were all over us taking contested marks when they were coming out of defence and then playing on quickly and getting over the back.

He said you dont play tall defenders unless the tall they need to defend is good. Then we got murdered by Essendons then no name part time forwards that very week. This was like 7 or 8 years ago lmao.

He's an arrogant ********.

Yep, in 2014 the week after the 2nd showdown where we lost Trengove and Carlile during the game, and replaced them with (IIRC) Logan and O'Shea, then lost to a terrible Essendon side who were a $4.75 outsider, and I know that because I bet on them because it was very obvious what was about to happen.

But Bassett didn't get to the club until 2015, but he did say what you've quoted him with

The only reason Bassett isn't right at the top of the list of people to replace is that he has some truly hall of fame incompetence ahead of him.

How'd I do?

We got in front this time which was an unexpected twist. But ultimately the same result as usual.

You just described a young Nat Fyfe.

But let's give midfield minutes to scrubber Drew and the corpse of Gray who both couldn't outrun their own shadow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back