MMA-UFC UFC 200: Brock Lesnar vs Mark Hunt - Jones has USADA Violation

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess. Although I never thought I'd see the day when a fighter retires whilst champ.

I just see more problems than positives with that fight. Really makes a farce of the middleweight rankings.

After what happened with the Featherweight division for the last year I just disagree with fighters who deserve title shots not getting them.

If Jacare deserves a shot (which I agree with) then so does Romero..

So a few musings on the card

Average performances (cept Frankie and Aldo, that was good).

Tate... Why did I believe. She got lucky against Holm, this just proves it. Bad result for the UFC, unknown, not terribly marketable fighter as the champ. They would be preying for Holm to beat Schevchenko.

Lesnar v Hunt. It was always going one of two ways, but if Lesnar doesn't return to the UFC how bad is that result for heavyweight legitimacy. A 37 year old Lesnar 5 years out beats the number 8 heavyweight in the world...

Also, the guy lost lost to Sage, if you have that arm bar and they don't tap BREAK THE THING.

I guess. Although I never thought I'd see the day when a fighter retires whilst champ.

I just see more problems than positives with that fight. Really makes a farce of the middleweight rankings.

After what happened with the Featherweight division for the last year I just disagree with fighters who deserve title shots not getting them.

I defo see ur point. I still love the fight though. Hendo is one of the all-times greats of the sport, along with Bisping, who somehow became champ. :)

GSP did like 3 years ago.

I love the fight between Hendo & Bisping, I wanted to see it as soon as I watched 199.

GSP did like 3 years ago.

I love the fight between Hendo & Bisping, I wanted to see it as soon as I watched 199.
Good point. A little bit of a different situation. GSP, dominant champ who retires when he starts taking damage with little left to prove at WW.

Dont think it would be a good look for the winner of the belt to walk away as soon as he wins it. JMO

I've seen a few people on FB and Twitter saying that we may not even need to call Foxtel or Main Event - they're already processing refunds and deleting it from bills.

Obviously not verified, so take it for what it's worth. I'll c+p my reply from foxtel if I get one though.

You must ring up Foxtel to get the refund but they will refund without dispute.

So call now if you want a refund. You will still have access to watch a replay but it will be free of charge.

Saw some of the press conference, Brock does what Brock wants to do.. Seriously what an ego this guy has. Does anybody else hopes he doesn't come back. I wasn't impressed. Surely this sport doesn't need anymore arrogant utensil heads does it?
The sport needs Brock. Prior to Diaz V Conor - UFC 100 was the highest selling PPV - he chose to come back, he quit due to his condiiton and respect to him for coming back. Conor is an arrogant utensil but he brings fans and publicity. The issue with the UFC which was evidenced today is that Conor v Diaz set a baseline and the baseline is turning into entertainment.....thats why I though a Hulk Hogan type entrance by Rousey today would have been perfect, a Tate main event would always be a disaster especially when they said Hunt v Brock would be main event on thursday.

Its an important time for MMA and UFC, I am sure they will adjust but conor has changed the landscape as had Randa.....lets see where it goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed the card was average but the rda fight night and tuf card were two great cards back to back so overall was a great weekend for mma :)

"OhhhhhCyril, post: 45479621, member: 133258"]Saw some of the press conference, Brock does what Brock wants to do.. Seriously what an ego this guy has. Does anybody else hopes he doesn't come back. I wasn't impressed. Surely this sport doesn't need anymore arrogant utensil heads does it?
Brock is love. Brock is life.

Overall I thought 200 was average, highlight was Velasquez, and the TUF JJ fight.

Credit to Silva, DC was boring, and the Hunt/Brock fight was a letdown. Massive shame for Tate, she's a sexy lady was keen to see her win and eventually rematch with Rousey. I guess it happens and we just move on.. Bring on 202!

I don't get the boring calls, DC tried throwing more when he was on his feet as opposed to the shadow boxing from Brock, who executed the same game plan, yet zero booing for Brock.

What I've gathered from my last 12 months of learning the sport and being more than a casual fan is that ground game is a pretty absorbing technical contest, people automatically assume wrestling is boring, far from it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back