UFC 221 - PERTH - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

As bad as I feel for saying it is there any logical reason they don't just strip Rob? Hes seriously injured/unwell, he never actually won the title (I realise the circumstances led to this etc) but surely Dana is regretting just appointing Rob after the GSP/Bisping debacle.
I reckon he would regret giving GSP a title shot at middleweight more.

As bad as I feel for saying it is there any logical reason they don't just strip Rob? Hes seriously injured/unwell, he never actually won the title (I realise the circumstances led to this etc) but surely Dana is regretting just appointing Rob after the GSP/Bisping debacle.

Rob's just started training again.

Eeeeesh, didn't know that. Big effort.

I guess my point was more Rob got promoted without "winning" the title then the first title fight they've had to cobble together an interim title to cover for an injury to a guy that never technically won the belt.

I suspect in hindsight they would have said "UFC 221 in Perth is for the vacant title".

After mainly shitting on the card for a couple months.....I'm slowly getting around to looking forward to watching it this Sunday.

The main event speaks for itself but I'm also looking forward to seeing how the locals go. Hunt is still 5th in HW rankings, Matthews got lucky last fight & needs to keep winning, Volkanovski (should be on the main card) keeps impressing, BAM BAM Tuivasa is a young up coming HW prospect and Pedro has a slick ground game for a LHW.

After mainly shitting on the card for a couple months.....I'm slowly getting around to looking forward to watching it this Sunday.

The main event speaks for itself but I'm also looking forward to seeing how the locals go. Hunt is still 5th in HW rankings, Matthews got lucky last fight & needs to keep winning, Volkanovski (should be on the main card) keeps impressing, BAM BAM Tuivasa is a young up coming HW prospect and Pedro has a slick ground game for a LHW.

Im in the same boat, Wasnt happy with the card a month ago...4 days out...Different story :D

Faber is on 6pr right now, The Perth media is cringe worthy when talking about the UFC. They ask the dumbest questions, Its almost like they try and get him worked up to show that only hot heads are in the octagon. Faber handled the Bazil questions pretty well

few points

50 bucks for this card is a joke.

hunt still on his anti drug rants is getting boring.
can't see any aussies winning on the card.

ben ngiyen counts as a Aussie but ha.

matthews is gonna get smoked that li is a robot.

two less likeale characters in the UFC selling the main fight does hurt the brand in oz abit.

an I'll still buy the card to support the local fighters lol

Starting sweating Yoel lol
Yoel weighs in at 188

I thought they couldn't cut more than 2 pounds after the first weigh in

wow
Who knows what the regulations are in W.A.

There were fighters that missed weight in non-title fights that apparently have that extra 2 hours to cut that weight. Usually its only championship or main events that allow extra time to make weight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to like Romero

Firstly the guys a cheat, been done for steroids.

Deliberately wastes time, team pouring water on him etc.

Now shows up massively overweight to a championship fight.

Yes, but from there.

Does he get to fight Whittaker? He really shouldn't

Does Luke? he just lost

Yeah bit of an odd situation, but UFC make s**t up on the fly.

If Jacare nabs another win would be good to see him amongst it.

May not be the most bumper card but today is another significant milestone for combat sports in Aus, especially for WA, heres to a card that hopefully punches above its weight.

Might be at the crack of dawn of you guys, but hope Perthians attending today have a great time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back