UFC to Sydney is 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Just concluded.

Dana said he would not hold an event here outdoors due to weather concerns. He doesnt like stadiums bigger than Acer as he wants the crowd to be able to see whats going on.

Is looking forward to the explosion of MMA in australia and may consider an aussie team in an upcoming Ultimate Fighter series.

Lots of respect b/w Valesquez and Big Nog.

Is looking forward to the explosion of MMA in australia and may consider an aussie team in an upcoming Ultimate Fighter series.

Lots of respect b/w Valesquez and Big Nog.

Great work SS.

An Australian team on TUF would be great for the growth of MMA in Australia. I have doubts about whether we have the depth of young guys coming through to compete with countries like UK and USA though so the series could be abit thin.

An annual UFC event would be great. Sun will be my first trip to ACER so it will be interesting to see how it stacks up as a venue.

An annual UFC event would be great.

In theory, yes, but I really hope they don't try and over-capitalise on the support here. It's why I'm glad I'm going to the first one.

They can learn a lesson from the WWE (I feel dirty for mentioning MMA and WWE in the same sentence, but nevertheless) who, when they came here the first time, brought the vast majority of their roster in a genuine attempt to build support, and ended up selling out the Dome (they still hold the record for highest sporting attendance there).

When they realised they had a fan base, they started sending yearly or twice-yearly tours with B-grade 'superstars' to suck as much out of fans here as possible, and now they struggle to fill Rod Laver.

If the UFC is going to make this a regular thing, they can't start skimping on the quality. I think we've been a bit spoilt for UFC 110, but if they come back again people would, and should, expect a lineup of similar substance.

That's the only way of truly building support. If they can consistently bring quality cards down here, then UFC will explode in Australia. If they just try for the bare minimum they'll lose their audience.

But anyway, back to UFC 110. I'm so goddamn excited for Sunday :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Does anyone know if it's going to be replayed on Foxtel at all?

I can't record One HD and I'd like to be able to watch the event on tv after being there live. One HD is replaying it at 11pm on Sunday night but I don't think I'll be back from the airport by then.

Does anyone know if it's going to be replayed on Foxtel at all?

I can't record One HD and I'd like to be able to watch the event on tv after being there live. One HD is replaying it at 11pm on Sunday night but I don't think I'll be back from the airport by then.

As far as I know it's exclusive to One.

You might get lucky and have it repeated throughout the week, but apart from the 11pm replay I'm not sure.

yep. Whilst I appreciate the fact they are giving us a live UFC, they are butchering the telecast pretty badly. Showing the same ad 5 times in a row every add break is getting old really quick too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rather watch it on Main Event, at least they don't stuff around.

Surprised ONEHD didn't trudge out Andy "you blokes" Maher and his sidekick Dave Hughes to get their insights into what is happening.
ROFL - trust Channel 10 to screw up any coverage of a major event.
Just wait for them not to show a key takedown or knock out.

I'd rather watch it on Main Event, at least they don't stuff around.

Surprised ONEHD didn't trudge out Andy "you blokes" Maher and his sidekick Dave Hughes to get their insights into what is happening.

ONEHD prob tried but dana would of told them to **** off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back