US Election 2020: President Biden and VP Harris - The Aftermath

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
fair enough. And I used GBP not USD

President Joe Biden signed the $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief package on Thursday afternoon.

Joe Biden has made a heartfelt plea for Republicans to work with him on a $2tn infrastructure plan, casting it as essential to preserving America’s superpower status and warning: “Inaction simply is not an option.”

Nobody can be sure whether Biden’s roughly $5tn in new spending will lead to runaway inflation

As a share of the US economy, Biden’s fiscal expansion is many times larger than Lyndon Johnson’s “guns and butter” spending, which ushered in the nation’s most recent era of high inflation.
You can say I told you so if it does happen

The Republicans need to dump trump or pay him off to move on.
There's too few willing to take him on.
Call it pragmatism, call it cowardice he's getting a free ride.
Nicky Haley folded like a 2 /7 off suit under the gun ( Poker ref).
That guy with the turkey chins is also hopeless.
They cannot. Trump now owns it. They are replacing Cheney with a less conservative and less experienced senator, because Cheney criticised Trump, and didn't back down, and her replacement is a Trump sycophant.

There is now no policy position the GOP hold that is more important than loyalty to Trump. And Trump is someone with no limits in the pursuit of what he wants.

I thought we had dodged most of the danger when he lost the election, but I fear the worst is ahead.

The Republicans need to dump trump or pay him off to move on.
There's too few willing to take him on.
Call it pragmatism, call it cowardice he's getting a free ride.
Nicky Haley folded like a 2 /7 off suit under the gun ( Poker ref).
That guy with the turkey chins is also hopeless.
GOP see him being useful until 2022 - after this, they will move on.

His main strength is campaigning and putting on a show, this will be useful for the mid terms.

His main strength is campaigning and putting on a show, this will be useful for the mid terms.

Having lost the last mid terms & the Presidency, one wonders what 'strength' he brings.

Prattling on about 'stolen' elections wears thin after a couple of years.

He is good at sucking money out of the gullible.

Having lost the last mid terms & the Presidency, one wonders what 'strength' he brings.

His strength is campaigning which is fascinating as his weak point is actually governing.

His strength is campaigning which is fascinating as his weak point is actually governing.
A campaigner in the real sense of the word.

What is it about losing the presidency and both Houses makes the Republicans thinks he has any actual advantages to offer. He’s toxic to a large percentage of the population.

What is it about losing the presidency and both Houses makes the Republicans thinks he has any actual advantages to offer. He’s toxic to a large percentage of the population.
I guess they aren’t prepared to rip the bandaid off and face open division.

They're fearful of losing the redneck vote, given it numbers in the tens of millions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're fearful of losing the redneck vote, given it numbers in the tens of millions.
I agree this is their motivation but they are looking at it in the wrong direction

Do they really think if they slam Trump and give him nothing or actively root out his supporters that these 'rednecks' will suddenly vote Democrat?

Sure the non-compulsory nature of their system means they need to chase every vote but its a short term hurt for long term wins.

The strength he brings them is, those that don't follow the Trump bug lie, lose backing and any chance at plum positions.

This is the danger. If the Republican party were a corporation with a board, Trump would have been thrown out the door ages ago.
But it isn't. Each individual is making decisions based on what's best for them, not the party.

It's actually a fascinating study in game theory.
What's good for the party is in the long term good for me.

But doing what's good for the party comes with an immediate cost to me that outways the long run benefit I would get.

So, I will do what I know is bad for the party, for it's immediate benefit to myself and wait for other people to do what's necessary for the party.

Great strategy if only everyone didn't have the same strategy.

So, I don't think the party dumps Trump in 2 years, it's his, for worse or worse. The GOP is riding this baby all the way down because individualy they are to chicken s**t to hop off.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Awful lot of experts in here today!
All that's required is a basic understanding of what's happening in the US and the ability to apply a little critical thinking.

See the interviews where they asked some of those Republicans why they were so sure the election was stolen?

Responses generally being, they said so on TV. TV generally meaning Hannity and Tucker et al. The people their own networks said are entertainment, not a source of facts or news.

Now, that's what a lack of critical thinking looks like.

Awful lot of experts in here today!
I suppose when you only read just enough about a subject to poke it with your troll stick, everybody looks like an expert.

There have been experts here all along - none on your side of the fence though
Other than yours truly, I assume you mean?
All that's required is a basic understanding of what's happening in the US and the ability to apply a little critical thinking.

See the interviews where they asked some of those Republicans why they were so sure the election was stolen?

Responses generally being, they said so on TV. TV generally meaning Hannity and Tucker et al. The people their own networks said are entertainment, not a source of facts or news.

Now, that's what a lack of critical thinking looks like.

Critical thinking also involves an awareness of the fact that people who interview large numbers of people are able to then edit that footage down to only show the nuttiest of those interviewed.

YouTube compilations don't count as genuine research!
Virtue signalling mixed with irony
Maybe you should google what "virtue signalling" actually means, young Padawan.

There’s a lot of gullible in that country though.

Other than yours truly, I assume you mean?

Critical thinking also involves an awareness of the fact that people who interview large numbers of people are able to then edit that footage down to only show the nuttiest of those interviewed.

YouTube compilations don't count as genuine research!

Maybe you should google what "virtue signalling" actually means, young Padawan.
Give us your wisdom then Jedi master. If interviews showing Republicans believe that the election was stolen, because the TV said so, is flawed. Why do they think it, what is their evidence and reasoning? What would the Republicans whose answers were edited out, have said?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back