Autopsy V GWS - ROAST, TOAST AND CHANGES FOR COLLINGWOOD

MV5P

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That's his game plan chip chip chip go backwards never go forward quickly get more players behind the ball
Someone needs to tell them to keep attacking. Yeah, restriction is important, but an offensive side like GWS is not a team you should try to beat by restricting. You should try to beat them by outscoring them, and how do you score? By kicking forwards and not backwards.

Collingwood kicked something like 128 points to beat GWS at Spotless.

Why would you drop one of our only genuine aerial threats up forward for a player who has no aerial presence, and proceed to play said player down back as a loose man?

No wonder we only kicked 3 goals when Jack was our only key forward.

#disgracefuldimma

We are all dumber for watching that.
Yes and then we all get even dumber and buy another pointless membership next year. Rance, to me, is the only one who deserved a vote.

And we still have Geelong and Sydney to come!

We were never going to win, but the margin was set at the selection table. Deplorable effort from Thursday night through to after the final siren.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dimsim sacked yet? Surely these last 2 weeks have to be unacceptable

While the results have been crap.... losing is probably the best thing for the club right now. Finals are gone, we have only had middling first round picks for the last few years so we can use a high draft pick to bring some talent into the club.

Losing to the Hawks and GWS when the season was already well and truly shot is hardly as bad as earlier losses this year (Port x 2, Melb, the Pies were far worse losses).

We played 1 qtr of non-competitive football today and that isn't good enough but what did we really expect to get out of it. The senior guys haven't been in this situation for 4 years (playing dead rubbers) and the kids need these games to develop. If we had Titch, Lids, Lennon, Yarran, Griff, C.Ellis, McIntosh in the team and were actually playing for something, then yeah.... it would have been disgusting. But we didn't have them playing and we weren't playing for anything other than penalising ourselves in the draft.... so it matters not.

I'd like to see the game style change markedly in the last 4 games though. Make it simple for the kids. Kick it long, move it quickly and play man on man....

Searching for positives. At least we can't be kicked out of the AFL

Well one silver lining is that we should get pick 4.

On the other hand we will trade it for a spud /sobs :p

On a serious note, hope hardwick calls himself shameful in his presser today. He pots the players, lets hope he pots himself. He was in the box and i could seriously lip read what he was saying it was often "Wtf mate" lol

We were never going to win, but the margin was set at the selection table. Deplorable effort from Thursday night through to after the final siren.
That's the problem - it's not just the list, or the head coach, or the assistants or training that's inept.... It's pretty much everything.

Hadwick has lost any faith I had in him as a coach. Our midfielders have NFI and are fumbling over one another to gather the ball. Other than Rance and Dusty…we are bullied as a side and lack any aggression.. GWS looked like men and we looked like scared little boys.

We have no plan going inside 50 and so so easily defended against, that’s been an issue for a lot longer than just this year and it’s a coaching responsibility to have the player knowing how to set up instead of kicking and hoping Jack beats his three opponents

Taylor Hunt…WTF?? Has he secretly donated a million to the club or something? Disgusting footballer

Cotchin is a great footballer but not the captain we need. Rance is the best option as captain and I feel sick to imagine our side without him.

I could only name 10 players on our list who could take us to a premiership

Why would you drop one of our only genuine aerial threats up forward for a player who has no aerial presence, and proceed to play said player down back as a loose man?

#disgracefuldimma
As in McBean? As if he is an aerial threat. Griffiths was injured if you meant him.

#disgracefuldimma

Who was an aerial threat that was dropped?

Well one silver lining is that we should get pick 4.

On the other hand we will trade it for a spud /sobs :p

On a serious note, hope hardwick calls himself shameful in his presser today. He pots the players, lets hope he pots himself. He was in the box and i could seriously lip read what he was saying it was often "Wtf mate" lol
he has not shown up to the presser. hardick has left the stadium*

*we aint that lucky

Positives:
-Rance, Dusty and Jack the only ones that deserve votes.
-Steve Smith just brought up his 50

Negatives:
-Everything else

#nodeledionorichmond
Jayden Short continues to look comfortable at the level and Astbury is making the need for a new KPD less pressing by the week. It was good to see Houli back and Cotchin dug in hard. That's all I can muster.

Hadwick has lost any faith I had in him as a coach. Our midfielders have NFI and are fumbling over one another to gather the ball. Other than Rance and Dusty…we are bullied as a side and lack any aggression.. GWS looked like men and we looked like scared little boys.

We have no plan going inside 50 and so so easily defended against, that’s been an issue for a lot longer than just this year and it’s a coaching responsibility to have the player knowing how to set up instead of kicking and hoping Jack beats his three opponents

Taylor Hunt…WTF?? Has he secretly donated a million to the club or something? Disgusting footballer

Cotchin is a great footballer but not the captain we need. Rance is the best option as captain and I feel sick to imagine our side without him.

I could only name 10 players on our list who could take us to a premiership

Taylor Hunt was in our best 5-7 players today somehow.... Not sure why he got a game but he has been ok in the last few weeks. Not the future though...

Back