VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

We have it as a team for people who have never played footy and for people who like you said, don’t wanna play for sheep stations. Probably have 6-10 guys each week that are in the 1st or 2nd season of footy.
Coach does a mountain of work keeping the vibes up after heavy losses
Kudos to the people who are enabling the new players to the sport. It’s a long road but if the coach is keeping them engaged they are doing a great job by the sound of it.

What is a fair price , Kew were selling Ham and salad as well as Chicken and Mayo rolls for $15 yesterday . Price list didn't show them , only dimmies pies etc , so you pay on card and don't realise till later . One dad was shocked when he paid $45 for 3 , that when it came to light .
Still the best canteen is Parkdale

Seeing the VAFA is up against the Bendigo Football League next weekend, which Victorian Country Football League competition (ie Goulburn Valley) is the equivalent to the VAFA in terms of playing standards and competition?

On 5002X using BigFooty.com mobile app

Seeing the VAFA is up against the Bendigo Football League next weekend, which Victorian Country Football League competition (ie Goulburn Valley) is the equivalent to the VAFA in terms of playing standards and competition?

On 5002X using BigFooty.com mobile app
O&M

What is a fair price , Kew were selling Ham and salad as well as Chicken and Mayo rolls for $15 yesterday . Price list didn't show them , only dimmies pies etc , so you pay on card and don't realise till later . One dad was shocked when he paid $45 for 3 , that when it came to light .

Typical of that lot ,no justification for that .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ham and salad rolls should be $6 or $7

Ham and salad rolls should be $6 or $7
We buy them from a famous bakery Mollie Denes in Bentleigh for about $7 and sell for $8 i think , but they are very full .
A mate was at Barwon Heads yesterday and sent me a pic of a Burger with the lot for $10 , i think Parkdale are about the same . Parkside had egg and bacon rolls for $11.50 which is probably 2 bucks too much .
Clubs have to make money , but those 2 examples are over the top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We buy them from a famous bakery Mollie Denes in Bentleigh for about $7 and sell for $8 i think , but they are very full .
A mate was at Barwon Heads yesterday and sent me a pic of a Burger with the lot for $10 , i think Parkdale are about the same . Parkside had egg and bacon rolls for $11.50 which is probably 2 bucks too much .
Clubs have to make money , but those 2 examples are over the top.
We make our own.

MHSOB sometimes do a burger from $8 IIRC

Not for members of any clubs, staff, players, coaches, etc.

Free of charge at parade yesterday and you should have seen the 3000 strong crowd there, even with the rain, and the after-match was packed. Imagine the takings in the canteen and the bar at Parade compared to to say Melbourne High, Kew or even A grade club like Collegians! Heard a rumour that $18k taken over the bar at a NFL club in one full day!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back