A Section VAFA Premier 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard something interesting yesterday afternoon at about 5pm, which I think is a brilliant move and celebrates our great competition.

Apparently the VAFA executive are considering making the team captains wear their old school blazers ala the Australian cricket team when they go to do the toss of the coin before the game. It will only be in Premier and Premier B as the competition is now mostly Old Boys teams.

I remember back when Michael Clarke was skipper of our national side, he looked like a bit of a ****** in his blazer, but Steven Smith looks quite smart.

However, there’s one game that may be a little tricky. I’m wondering what will happen when Old Scotch play St Kevin’s Old Boys and Plugger is injured so James Strauss has to toss the coin.

Does that mean that there will be two captains both wearing Scotch College blazers even though one Scotch Old Collegian is a VAFA A Grade premiership player, only because he left Old Scotch, and the one who actually plays for Old Scotch, a club that hasn’t won any sort of premiership for 40 years, will be a Scotch player?

I wish Strauss didn’t leave Scotch then it wouldn’t be the big problem that it’s going to be, hopefully he remembers he’s playing against Scotch and not for them when he wins the toss.

Oh, another thing, will the Old Trinity Captain wear his blazer or will he wear casual clothes in protest against this new VAFA rule?

Vince's best yet. Any post aimed at Strauss will always be funny.

After a decent start I thought you were going to be reasonable contributor. Alas you are just another sad and pathetic bulltish artist. Please stop peddling this crap. It's disrespectful and if you knew the personal circumstances confronting the object of your mirth you would understand why.

He will be coaching a PM v Collegians on Saturday. Come down, introduce yourself and tell him he is about to have his head lopped. I dare you.

Maybe time to head back to that Northern hemisphere country from whence you came.
Certainly has a self-indulgent style quite redolent of that one.

Just got back from it. Brighton looked fantastic OMs not so much.

Not surprised by these comments Pazza. I was out at a watering hole last week and ran into a few associated at OB land. Very confident of a strong season and more than just hopeful that finals beckon. Retention strong, massive inflow from school with the “A” Grade buzz being very handy for this. Have recruited a few from outside as well.
Going to be a super strong year in A. Not sure they will be able to match the likes of Wesley, StKevs and Xavs, but certainly one to watch.

Any idea where the VAFA Premier Grand Final will be played at this year?

And speaking of the VAFA Premier Grand Final, how about the VAFA lower the admission price for adults to a more acceptable level rather than the ridiculous $35 entrance fee?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not surprised by these comments Pazza. I was out at a watering hole last week and ran into a few associated at OB land. Very confident of a strong season and more than just hopeful that finals beckon. Retention strong, massive inflow from school with the “A” Grade buzz being very handy for this. Have recruited a few from outside as well.
Going to be a super strong year in A. Not sure they will be able to match the likes of Wesley, StKevs and Xavs, but certainly one to watch.

What impressed me the most was how the Tonners handled the conditions. Westbourne is a notoriously windy ground and yesterday was no exception. Their system handled the conditions much better than OMs who tried to do too much with the ball when they had it.

Was in town and went to have a look at Collegians play DeLa yesterday and both teams looked pretty full strength.. at the crappy small ground opposite Trott....

Ong didn’t play and Burberry went off early with a busted back.. eeeep
Chatting to a mate of mine from Collegians he reckons Ferguson has gone in for an ankle op.. that’s a big loss he was so good last year.. almost won the Woodrow missing half the year...

Humphrey wasn’t playing either but looked fine standing on the sidelines for what it’s worth...

Not sure what to take from the game but The Bellers would have beaten them by 7/8 goals at least.. they moved it quick...

The Collegians team was very much the same outfit as last year it looked...

If that’s what Collegians put up this year then they might be in for a tough one.. but I doubt it..

Where do people see the Bellers at? No one has really talked about them getting near the top 3... Jimmy? Are they a chance to compete or just making up the numbers?? They were sharp yesterday offensively and defensively tight... do you know much about the coaches and what they have brought this summer? I see Steve Ryan is coaching there former SBMT Head coach that’s a good get...

What was it about Brighton that was so impressive Pazza? Do they look a genuine a grade for side or oms are in some hot water??

My early thoughts for relegation was

SBMT and Trinity but with OMs report they may be considered..

I’m interested to know what happens with skob after a change up top and xavs are always strong and they’ve added some good ones...

Any one know of any other praccy games this weekend or next?

Looking forward to Round 1

Was in town and went to have a look at Collegians play DeLa yesterday and both teams looked pretty full strength.. at the crappy small ground opposite Trott....

Chatting to a mate of mine from Collegians he reckons Ferguson has gone in for an ankle op.. that’s a big loss he was so good last year.. almost won the Woodrow missing half the year...

Humphrey wasn’t playing either but looked fine standing on the sidelines for what it’s worth...

Not sure what to take from the game but The Bellers would have beaten them by 7/8 goals at least.. they moved it quick...

If that’s what Collegians put up this year then they might be in for a tough one.. but I doubt it..

Where do people see the Bellers at? No one has really talked about them getting near the top 3... Jimmy? Are they a chance to compete or just making up the numbers?? They were sharp yesterday offensively and defensively tight... do you know much about the coaches and what they have brought this summer? I see Steve Ryan is coaching there former SBMT Head coach that’s a good get...

What was it about Brighton that was so impressive Pazza? Do they look a genuine a grade for side or oms are in some hot water??

I’m interested to know what happens with skob after a change up top and xavs are always strong and they’ve added some good ones...

Can’t really comment on yesterday’s game I was not there but was told DLS won by 8 – 10 goals and double that in the two’s. Apparently a very small ground, very hot, very windy and obviously neither side would have been at full strength so would not put all that much weight on the outcome.

Regarding their prospects for 2018 – they played finals last year and arguably should have progressed further, losing a tight 1st semi when they had more had shots on goal. But if my auntie had ba…s! They have a stronger list this year and have recruited ok from all reports but so have many other clubs. Having said that SKOBs had their measure last year and in my view are the clear team to beat again this year.

In my view will be one of several clubs competing for positions 3- 6 and if you make it in anything can happen.

Can’t really comment on yesterday’s game I was not there but was told DLS won by 8 – 10 goals and double that in the two’s. Apparently a very small ground, very hot, very windy and obviously neither side would have been at full strength so would not put all that much weight on the outcome.

Regarding their prospects for 2018 – they played finals last year and arguably should have progressed further, losing a tight 1st semi when they had more had shots on goal. But if my auntie had ba…s! They have a stronger list this year and have recruited ok from all reports but so have many other clubs. Having said that SKOBs had their measure last year and in my view are the clear team to beat again this year.

In my view will be one of several clubs competing for positions 3- 6 and if you make it in anything can happen.
The Ross Gregory is a shocking ground used by Power House. Jimmy shot AT goal please we are not soccer.

The Ross Gregory is a shocking ground used by Power House. Jimmy shot AT goal please we are not soccer.

Sorry mate. Right you are - shots at goal. They played on that smaller ground adjacent to Fitzroy Street and behind the school. Not sure if it even has a name but Collegians and OMs have used it for Thirds and unders. Harry Trott, Ross Gregory and the other ‘proper’ grounds were out of commission because of the GP.

You obviously don’t read any of my posts! De La right up there with SKOB clear favourites.

Anymore praccy match info from yesterday? We played Mazenod at a very windy John Paul College at Franganistan.

They handled the wind (anyone who knows Westbourne will know the wind difficulties there) and played a decent style of play.

Uni Blues played Glenroy at Torquay yesterday and then play St. Bernards at Tullamarine this coming weekend.

OMs host Collegians at Westbourne also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back