Value in Delisted FA - 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

I imagine Sam Collins would have his pick of suitors. Looked really good in 2016 but just got stuck in a log jam of Freo KPDs. Apparently he has had qukte a few clubs interested.

I imagine all of Hawthorn, collingwood, st kilda, GC and maybe Port would be at least kicking the tyres.
If I was a betting man, he would go to the Hawks. He Is from box hill as well. At194cm an 90 kg, e would be a good depth player.

Afair amount of freo fans were disappointed when he got cu considering Johnson has a year left in his career..

Is Wellingham legitimately cooked? Came pretty quickly.

If he's not, he's pretty close to it - 29 - hasn't gone close to his 2015 form in 16 or 17 so it's not really been that quick - 2 poor seasons, niggling injuries etc

He's exactly the kind of guy who gets squeezed out of teams in need of a rebuild - he may have something to offer in the short term for another club but I think it's WCE or bust really.

If he's not, he's pretty close to it - 29 - hasn't gone close to his 2015 form in 16 or 17 so it's not really been that quick - 2 poor seasons, niggling injuries etc

He's exactly the kind of guy who gets squeezed out of teams in need of a rebuild - he may have something to offer in the short term for another club but I think it's WCE or bust really.

I’d be happy if we gave him a lifeline tbh

Menzel, Gore, Freeman, Keeffe, Collins, Clarke, Hallahan, Mullett, Hansen and Talia are all reasonable depth players I expect - rookie-listing them wouldn't be the worst. Collins, Clarke and Mullett likely the most value of those.

The contracts of Hartung, Miles, Lennon and Honeychurch will all be watched closely by opposition clubs too I suspect - getting them as DFA is good value.

If the Blues could pick up 1 of Miles, Lennon or Hartung I'd be very happy. Hartung and Miles may not necessarily be 'depth' in our side either.

There are a few guys who could plug holes for Geelong. Two of Collins, Hansen and Crameri might make sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Blues could pick up 1 of Miles, Lennon or Hartung I'd be very happy. Hartung and Miles may not necessarily be 'depth' in our side either.
Miles is a very hard working and productive footballer and I hope he stays at Richmond. Lennon is a lazy glamour boy not worth having. Lennon sets a terrible example for younger players. Always trying to get the cheap over the back goal. Won't chase or tackle. One lead forward who spits the dummy if it's not handed to him on a platter. As I hate Carlton, I hope you get Lennon.

There are a few guys who could plug holes for Geelong. Two of Collins, Hansen and Crameri might make sense.

We have only got 5 spare list spots currently (well 4 because we will probably elevate parsons) so we don't have room for a DFA unless we delist one or two more players. That said Collins should definitely get a go somewhere.

Reckon there'd be much interest for Crameri out there? Hasn't played in two years, he's a bit of an unknown.
The Cats could do worse than signing him on a one year deal on chips. At best, he is a marking target who can kick 35 or at worst he's a good VFL contributor who could mentor a youngster

Reckon there'd be much interest for Crameri out there? Hasn't played in two years, he's a bit of an unknown.

He's a decent player but his age will count against him and would depend how well he passes a medical. Only a club right in the flag window for next year would look at him.

I'd take a punt on him sort of the bloke where we could have a free shot at whilst not giving up much.

How many more teams still have fat to trim from their lists?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back