VFL VFL 2023 - [Rnd11 vs * - Sunday June 4 - 1:35pm @NEC Hangar]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watching the first half, it is clear we lack kpp depth forward and back. Effort was superb.

Laz is a very good linkman and works hard both ways.

Inside fifty entries were poor, but defensively we were good with Young being particularly good. You can see why JUH and Schache are still playing vfl.

Polec got a lot of it, but fluffed some attacking kicks.

Campbell is too good for vfl level, but not good enough at afl level.

Menadue is not going to make it.

Walker was pretty good, but not the best at ground level.

10.7 67 v 8.8 56 all doneski.

Great effort against an unbeaten team on top of the ladder. We absolutely took it up to them. As good as WB were, we were the ones to lose it, they didn't win it. Repeatedly torched great opportunities with awful disposals when they counted most. Another tall or two and we probably could have salvaged it. I think a lack of real targets made us lose focus.

Considering where we were at earlier in the year it is really promising for us to be pushing the ladder leaders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great from Laz

FWIW I wasn't a fan of Polec. Absolutely racked the pill up but he played an overly selfish game demanding the ball in bad positions, selling team mates into trouble with too short passes, and it's not like his long kicking was particularly great either tbh. Would have given away a fair few frees too, and I reckon most were for holding the ball.

Much preferred Laz's game.

FWIW I wasn't a fan of Polec. Absolutely racked the pill up but he played an overly selfish game demanding the ball in bad positions, selling team mates into trouble with too short passes, and it's not like his long kicking was particularly great either tbh. Would have given away a fair few frees too, and I reckon most were for holding the ball.

Laz was brilliant in the first half. He’s the perfect half-forward, but he can also play inside.

I feel the same about Polec. Trying too much and being selfish as a result.

I only saw bits and pieces but from what I did see, Lazzaro looked incredible. So much composure when under pressure, which is my number one attribute I look for in young players (haha but also why I massively overrated Ryan Bastinac early on). I was concerned if he could find enough ball to play through the midfield, but the last couple of weeks have somewhat put those doubts to bed.

Nothing new with Polec he’s a selfish player he only will thrive in a team contending

hopefully one of those top 8/10 teams want to take him off us

I’m much more comfortable with the takeaway that it was a great game by both players (Laz + Polec). I’ll be very interested to hear what the coaches have to say.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Laz was brilliant in the first half. He’s the perfect half-forward, but he can also play inside.

I feel the same about Polec. Trying too much and being selfish as a result.
Really liked some of Laz's touches on the inside. Was absolutely fine as the release handballer in tight, which was a bit surprising considering his size. Loved his running down the wing or through the middle as part of some of those (attempted) scoring chains, was probably the player I felt safest having the ball in those situations.

Not sure I can think of a downside to his game.

Needs to work on his fend off too :D

If you were picking one player to come in next week it would be Lazz over Polec. Lazz two way running and pressure was nothing short of elite today, whereas Polec just coasted. Polec’s kicking was pretty average today too.

I honestly don’t see it with Lachie Young, I think the VFL is his level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back