VFL VFL 2023 - [Rnd11 vs * - Sunday June 4 - 1:35pm @NEC Hangar]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were delisted, would you hang around?

Yes. Most players are delisted and if no other AFL club picked me up i accept the club mustve made the right call. Id look at it as a great opportunity to give back to the club that gave to me while my body is/was as close to AFL standard as it was going to get. Probably only a 2 season thing in helping out the younger players and then move aside for the next wave of former AFL players.

That all said some players might be willing to push through pain for AFL but happy to give it all away afterwards. Others might have business or other interests they really want to focus on, but outside that you'd think a few would be willing.

Jmac is still playing footy too.. was probably never asked to play for the VFL team.. I know why, its because he was sh*t. I dont want our young kids running around learning off Jamie. I’d rather them learn off the opposition to be honest

I was far from his biggest fan but he's got a nice peg, can find the ball, usually used it well and was pretty good at keeping the backline organised. Seems like that's Appleby's job at the minute and I've seen primary school group projects with more system tbh

Yes. Most players are delisted and if no other AFL club picked me up i accept the club mustve made the right call. Id look at it as a great opportunity to give back to the club that gave to me while my body is/was as close to AFL standard as it was going to get. Probably only a 2 season thing in helping out the younger players and then move aside for the next wave of former AFL players.

That all said some players might be willing to push through pain for AFL but happy to give it all away afterwards. Others might have business or other interests they really want to focus on, but outside that you'd think a few would be willing.

Yeah, nah. Most people probably wouldn't be particularly happy with taking six figure paycuts to stick around and watch all their old mates carry on like nothing's changed while you're now toiling away in the seconds without even the chance at a senior callup. Tear the band aid off, get a fresh start somewhere else.

where did you get 6-7 years from and what metrics mean its over?

IMO if we think we can take 6-7 year to rebuild then we are in for a real fight off field. We have had crowds of 13k in Melbourne. this is not enough. If we are rebuilding for that long in 2024 we would be playing in front of 10k at docklands. The AFL won't tolerate that. The AFL could stand up a third team in Perth, it be a plastic franchise and it draw more than that.

IMO we need to be in the running for Finals by the time Jy is 25/6. and pushing for a flag by the time he is 28.

I have thought for a while that we as a club need for Jy Simpkin to be a premiership player. Not because he is an outstanding miraculous footballer. But because if he is not it will mean that we have spent 30+ years in the wilderness
Poorly managed and poorly funded. Even worse with the cuts from last year. Not sure there is much point in a VFL team when we cannot even support our youth. Xerri and co are getting no benefit out of it.
Well, it's like this the North Melbourne Football Club has been surpassed in every aspect of Administration, Sports Sponsorship, Team Management, Sports Medicine, Player Development, Membership, and Club Support, and where we are on the ladder by all clubs ATM.
So if you think we can move up the ladder and possibility get to a Grand Final and win a Premiership within 3 years get REEL and wake up we are so far off from being a competitive team in the AFL and the VFL ATM and if you think Gillian McLachlan is coming to our rescue with a Magic Wand with Priority Picks before the draft and other measures it's not going to happen as it will be an outcry from the other 17 clubs if it does.
If by some miracle the North Melbourne Football club gets some sort of rescue package there will be a catch which the other 17 clubs will agree on and that catch will be 11 games a year in Tasmania with 7 away games against Victorian teams and 4 Home games against interstate teams.
What the other 17 clubs will get out of it will be extra concessions EG: More Salary cap room extra players on the list, more $$$$ from the next TV deal, and the 17 other clubs, The AFL and certain Media people happy to see North Melbourne out of Victoria.
We will in fact be the 9th Interstate club playing out of the new Stadium in Hobart with a new jumper with the colours of Tasmania and North Melbourne it, Train at Arden Street when playing in Victoria with part of the Administration based there and Brian Cook to be in charge of the club and he will be appointed by the AFL to do the job.
So all I can say it's going to get worse before it gets better so to all categories of the North Melbourne Supporters from Paid up and proud members to the Fair whether supporter base we need to build the bridge and join as 1 as the Board well let's say won't be able to do it.
It's us the Supporters that need to do this.

Unsure why he's not in the seniors. is only 22 years old. He's not stopping a flood.

Is literally just back from injury.

Is woefully out of form and is likely only focussed on what he needs to do.

I didn't think much of Preuss, I don't think much of dyso. nil all draw?

I think this bloke is an orchid. He needs prefect conditions to flourish. our VFL side is a desolate place.
Not a nil all draw.

We still have Tyson running around and Melbourne traded Preuss for Pick 31 to GWS.

We were ****ed. Again.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah, nah. Most people probably wouldn't be particularly happy with taking six figure paycuts to stick around and watch all their old mates carry on like nothing's changed while you're now toiling away in the seconds without even the chance at a senior callup. Tear the band aid off, get a fresh start somewhere else.
Yeah I think JMac's playing ammos, isn’t he? A step down in commitment from the VFL and probably gets to play with a bunch of other old mates.

There is another aspect that hoovers up money and it's significantly more........................ insignificant.

But again, I foretold this.
That's being looked after though... Well looked after.

I could not give a rats arse about women's footy and hoped we wouldn't go down that road. Will be nothing but a money pit and I was dead against it from the out set.

We are reaping the on field rewards in the mens program by having spud, smithy and jimbo playing vfl for us from the East Gippsland Football League...

When I was very young they used to have this thing called the McClelland trophy with the ladder based on seniors, ressies and u19s results, and I would get a buzz from North being on top of this almost always (seemed like anyway). Wouldn't offer any respite now.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Then why do so few young delisted players stay on at their AFL 2s side? Because the pay is better and they wont be pissed off seeing young guys they think arent as good as them stay on the list. Its easy to say you would hang around, but the overwhelming majority leave. Jmac and Hrovat would have some merit, but there would need to be a career pathway because they arent going to lob down to arden st for a couple hundred a week

If Im ahern or durdin im off to play at another club to show my wares for another chance elsewhere

Which brings in money too. Going on a limb to say the AFLW probably makes more than it coughs up. They bring in sponsorship deals and in todays day, as much as snake is struggling to come to terms with, its easier to negotiate deals with new sponsors because we have that team. Hate on em for all you like, its not a burning hole in the pocket. The entire team is paid about as much as 2 listed AFL players running around in that sh*t last night
For how long?

They won't play for peanuts forever mate.

What sponsorship deals have they brought in?

For how long?

They won't play for peanuts forever mate.

What sponsorship deals have they brought in?

I’ll raise you with why Jeff * head Kennet feels that it’s necessary to draw new sponsorship deals because of AFLW? ... the women shouldnt play for peanuts and they wont be because they bring in $$$. What point are you trying to make here bud?

100%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then why do so few young delisted players stay on at their AFL 2s side? Because the pay is better and they wont be pissed off seeing young guys they think arent as good as them stay on the list. Its easy to say you would hang around, but the overwhelming majority leave. Jmac and Hrovat would have some merit, but there would need to be a career pathway because they arent going to lob down to arden st for a couple hundred a week

If Im ahern or durdin im off to play at another club to show my wares for another chance elsewhere

Why didnt another club pick them up if they're as good as they think? Perhaps theres ego and a 'its all about me' factor that drives these guys to the top, i dont know. But if they have that attitude best they arent on the VFL list.

Why didnt another club pick them up if they're as good as they think? Perhaps theres ego and a 'its all about me' factor that drives these guys to the top, i dont know. But if they have that attitude best they arent on the VFL list.
Whether they get picked up or not is irrelevant. They leave for a fresh start. Its a romantic notion but most dont stay. And fair enough too. I wouldn't

When I was very young they used to have this thing called the McClelland trophy with the ladder based on seniors, ressies and u19s results, and I would get a buzz from North being on top of this almost always (seemed like anyway). Wouldn't offer any respite now.

North are red hot favorites for the McLovin Trophy.

I’ll raise you with why Jeff fu** head Kennet feels that it’s necessary to draw new sponsorship deals because of AFLW? ... the women shouldnt play for peanuts and they wont be because they bring in $$$. What point are you trying to make here bud?
What direct sponsorship has the NMFC received where the AFLW makes a profit?

Average gate numbers through Arden St?

Once the girls start earning/demanding a bigger slice of the pie, will said sponsorships cover these extra costs or will the competition become a ball and chain on the club and the competition.

Who hasn't got an AFLW club yet? Are they all doing it tough? I genuinely couldn't be ****ed looking as the competition as a whole shits me to tears...

I highly doubt you even know if a profit is being seen by the club. Looks to me like they are robbing peter(men's comp) to pay paul(women's comp)

What direct sponsorship has the NMFC received where the AFLW makes a profit?

Average gate numbers through Arden St?

Once the girls start earning/demanding a bigger slice of the pie, will said sponsorships cover these extra costs or will the competition become a ball and chain on the club and the competition.

Who hasn't got an AFLW club yet? Are they all doing it tough? I genuinely couldn't be f’ed looking as the competition as a whole shits me to tears...

I highly doubt you even know if a profit is being seen by the club. Looks to me like they are robbing peter(men's comp) to pay paul(women's comp)

It depends which books you get too look at.

I honestly care more about our AFLW team, than our VFL team.

I was super excited, with our W team. Cheered them on, with the cheese and kisses, at VIC park.

Sounds bad, but I can't connect to the current VFL team, at all.

My heart lies more with local footy, to be perfectly honest.

I honestly care more about our AFLW team, than our VFL team.

I was super excited, with our W team. Cheered them on, with the cheese and kisses, at VIC park.

Sounds bad, but I can't connect to the current VFL team, at all.

My heart lies more with local footy, to be perfectly honest.
The girls are awesome, at this stage it’s hard to even know half the blokes in the VFL team. They could do a bit more promotion of them and the VFLW to make it easier to get information around the players, teams and scores. I don’t think the club website has the VFLW results anywhere.

The girls are awesome, at this stage it’s hard to even know half the blokes in the VFL team. They could do a bit more promotion of them and the VFLW to make it easier to get information around the players, teams and scores. I don’t think the club website has the VFLW results anywhere.

Our girls bleed, blue and white. They play desperate footy, for one another.

They look across, and trust their team-mate.

I don't think our current male teams, can do that.

Are we able to still add players to our VFL list in-season? It seems like we’d only just created our standalone team when COVID came in and none of the VFL guys we had were really rusted on at the club - and they all left. s**t timing. We really need to reach out to some recently retired players for some help to bolster the team just while we are rebuilding there.

Are we able to still add players to our VFL list in-season? It seems like we’d only just created our standalone team when COVID came in and none of the VFL guys we had were really rusted on at the club - and they all left. sh*t timing. We really need to reach out to some recently retired players for some help to bolster the team just while we are rebuilding there.
The problem with VFL is its hard to attract retiring players as they are offered larger contracts in local leagues. The benefits of VFL is high exposure to AFL. I remember my ol mate Bonas being held out at the Borough for weeks and weeks for his envelopes, battle to get what you are contracted for. Times may have changed but thats how I remember the VFL. For most players, the money is s**t.

Maybe you should shut the fu** up about something you openly admit you have no idea about?
Lol

Turn it up sillygit...

If you like the women's stuff then that's your prerogative, I personally think it's s**t. Get over it.

If you have watched men's footy this season it's pretty easy to tell it's suffering atm

Have they robbed Peter to pay Paul? What was the total spend on AFLW compared to VFL? I have no idea, but you must surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back