State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

You can't expect Pattinson to play Shield cricket having only played T20 at premier level!
He's played a couple of two day games as well.

Maxwell continuing to show he is a flog. All well and good to be pissed off at Cricket Victoria for not letting him go and then not getting picked but to air your grievances publicly is the dumbest thing to do.

Make more runs and they may promote you higher. Complaining will not get you far. Typical attitude of players who think they deserve something when they in reality have to earn it. Wade at no.5 is fine to me, he is as reliable a batter as Maxwell.

One as a bat.

Victoria are hoping to get him ready for the first game back after the BBL in January. Renegades are hoping to have JP for the back end of the BBL.
He did bowl the following week.

Maxwell is a flog. I guess it's apparent he wasn't picked for the first game due to internal rumblings, which has now escalated further. In my opinion it seems as if we would be happy for him not to play at all? We are flying and the other states seem to be pretty ordinary this season. I dunno, just a thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maxwell is a flog. I guess it's apparent he wasn't picked for the first game due to internal rumblings, which has now escalated further. In my opinion it seems as if we would be happy for him not to play at all? We are flying and the other states seem to be pretty ordinary this season. I dunno, just a thought.

If maxwell wants the opportunity to bat in a more substantial role then he should move to Tassie. They will provide him ample opportunities to bat the way they have gone this season

Loved Chuck Berry and Quiney giving Maxwell a bake. Totally deserved, that said would not be surprised if he's gone at seasons end.
Don't agree at all. Showed he's not a robot. We always bag players for always giving the "yeah, nah" comment. Or the "I'm taking it one week at a time" rubbish.
Then when someone tells it how it is, he gets bagged also. I actually respect what he said.

Don't agree at all. Showed he's not a robot. We always bag players for always giving the "yeah, nah" comment. Or the "I'm taking it one week at a time" rubbish.
Then when someone tells it how it is, he gets bagged also. I actually respect what he said.
I disagree. On form White should be batting ahead of Maxwell but he's not complaining. He's just churning out runs galore.

Maxwell has no place to publicly criticise the captain even if his assessment may have merits, I'd bat him higher personally.
He's been a little bitch all season. Firstly wanting a transfer to the northern scum and now feuding with his captain.

Berry and Quiney were right to bake him and were accurate with their comments. CA was right to fine him.
He can either shape up or ship out as far as I'm concerned. His attitude atm stinks.

I disagree. On form White should be batting ahead of Maxwell but he's not complaining. He's just churning out runs galore.

Maxwell has no place to publicly criticise the captain even if his assessment may have merits, I'd bat him higher personally.
He's been a little bitch all season. Firstly wanting a transfer to the northern scum and now feuding with his captain.

Berry and Quiney were right to bake him and were accurate with their comments. CA was right to fine him.
He can either shape up or ship out as far as I'm concerned. His attitude atm stinks.
Yes agree on White.
I'm assuming Maxwell has already brought up all his issues to the hierarchy, and hasn't been heard, so he's gone public.

I also heard that Wade batted himself so high up in the order to promote his own Test cause, hardly the team thing to do is it? (That was from a Berry article I read).

Maxy's a bit different, but I support him 100%.
As I said, all sportspeople are constantly criticised for the "no comment" etc. lines they give out, then Maxys criticised for having the balls to tell it how he see's it? We can't have it both ways.

However, if he goes to our lovely northern friends, a baggy green's his.

Yes agree on White.
I'm assuming Maxwell has already brought up all his issues to the hierarchy, and hasn't been heard, so he's gone public.

I also heard that Wade batted himself so high up in the order to promote his own Test cause, hardly the team thing to do is it? (That was from a Berry article I read).

Maxy's a bit different, but I support him 100%.
As I said, all sportspeople are constantly criticised for the "no comment" etc. lines they give out, then Maxys criticised for having the balls to tell it how he see's it? We can't have it both ways.

However, if he goes to our lovely northern friends, a baggy green's his.
My gripe is publicly criticising his captain. That's not on.
By all means raise issues behind closed doors but doing so to the cricketing public achieves nothing and paints him in a poor light.

I think Maxy has some legitimate gripes, how is he supposed to churn out centuries batting at eight, that's even if he gets a Shield game? Overlooked for the first one and now on ODI duties. I also assume he's raised his issues with the relevant people and got nowhere. Going public was never going to work but in a way I understand why he did it. The fine seems just as petulant as Maxy's dummy spit to me.

I think Maxy has some legitimate gripes, how is he supposed to churn out centuries batting at eight, that's even if he gets a Shield game? Overlooked for the first one and now on ODI duties. I also assume he's raised his issues with the relevant people and got nowhere. Going public was never going to work but in a way I understand why he did it. The fine seems just as petulant as Maxy's dummy spit to me.

As I said previously i don't necessarily disagree with what he said but not the way he went about it. He should know better as he has seen it backfire with how Hodge went about things

When does he ever bat at 8?

This season he has batted at 3,4 and 6

Hell, its batting at no6 is where he has made his highest score for the season and for all his whingeing about Wade, they batted him at 4 in the last game without Wade and he made 6 and 29, neither under great pressure of a collapse or need for quick runs...

Oh and his highest score last year was batting at no6...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back