State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

Great attitude. I'm very glad you're nowhere near coaching level for us.
Now is not the time to blood a kid. Do that when we look to be losing players for next season. Now.. no.

So what happened last week? Short a duck in the futures league?

I know eth-dog has had an obsession about Short playing for a long time, but looking at his stats it doesnt scream banging the door down, have to pick him. That would be making multiple big scores which he hasnt.

Right now you would pick Quiney at 3, you dont move the order around to fit in Short at 5 or 6, if coming in its no3 that is free.
And then made runs in the second dig. He's averaging 46 for Northcote; Quiney 33 for St. Kilda. That's a big gap
Now is not the time to blood a kid. Do that when we look to be losing players for next season. Now.. no.
Now is the perfect time to do so; in a settled and successful side. Say he makes 250 runs in the last 4 games, what would be better for his development?

Well CA disagree. In any case; logically the player who has more runs is more likely to help win the game.
Sure CA may disagree but CV may give zero shits about that when another title is on the line.

I don't think you can simply look at runs scored at the level below. Experience does count for something. It's more likely than not that a young player making the next step takes time to adjust and needs to go back down again one or more times before they get comfortable, even if they have been performing well at the level below. Happens in pretty much every sport all the time. In all likelihood, the same would happen with Short. Being close to the end of the season with a title on the line, selectors would want to go with the guy with experience knowing he can perform at that level. It's not really the time to start tinkering/experimenting. If we were no chance to make the final, then yes go for youth for the last couple of games but that's not the case.

Unfortunately it seems as though Sam Harper is a bit worse off with concussion.

I've been told that he won't play again this summer.

If that's the case who replaces him. Gotch or Ayre?
Or left field do we stick with Finch as keeper and bring another batsmen in.

I've been told that he won't play again this summer.

If that's the case who replaces him. Gotch or Ayre?
Or left field do we stick with Finch as keeper and bring another batsmen in.

No.

Bring in Ayre.

Ayre made a hundred in last futures league game
Rightly or wrongly Gotch is seen ahead of Ayre. Even after that; Gotch was the one flown over just in case and has been in several Shield squads. Ayre hasn't. It'll be Gotch.

Heard that he won't go home until next week at the earliest and is still suffering some seizures which sounds awful :(

Poor kid

Ian Dutchy Holland Ringwood,played 1 shield game last season and scored 28.Can bat and bowl and has had good form in Premier League this season plus the futures league.With Victorian players missing due to duties with Australian teams am surprised he has not been looked at this season.

Ian Dutchy Holland Ringwood,played 1 shield game last season and scored 28.Can bat and bowl and has had good form in Premier League this season plus the futures league.With Victorian players missing due to duties with Australian teams am surprised he has not been looked at this season.
Just caused the biggest collapse in Premier Cricket is quite some time. 8/15

Plus took 8-fer yesterday and 10 for the game, think he did alright in the last Futures league game as well. Although the article I read called him a former Bushrangers player!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ian Holland seems to me that down the track he might be one of those unlucky players that should be in the shield team but no available spots available at the time.Probally Christian has his spot but I think he is more a batsman then a bowler despite yesterdays bowling.

Im not sure how we can recover from a loss like this in 2 days

ive got no confidence in our batting. Stoinis surely has to be dropped but im not sure they have the guts to do that

batting has been terrible for 4 games in a row now in the 1st innings

why is it once we lose a few early wickets we just roll over cheaply everytime. Noone ever willing to dig in and get some partnerships going to atleast get to a score > 200,250 to give our bowlers a chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back