State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

Wish they would bin off the MCG for shield games. Minimal crowd at shield games so why not play at the Junction Oval which is a million times nicer to go down to watch at
I disagree. 2 at the Junction, 3 at the MCG in a normal season would be my preference, rotating the two who play Junction every year. For example:

Year 1: Qld/WA/NSW MCG, Tas/SA Junction
Year 2: Tas/SA/Qld MCG, WA/NSW Junction
Year 3: WA/NSW/Tas MCG, SA/Qld Junction
Year 4: SA/Qld/WA MCG, NSW/Tas Junction
Year 5: NSW/Tas/SA MCG, Qld/WA Junction

Not necessarily those teams but you play at the Junction twice over a five year period and the MCG thrice over that period.

Obviously in the minority re Junction vs MCG, stand by it though, can’t stand going to the G when junction oval is so much nicer to watch at

best way to ensure the Test square plays properly is to play games on it beforehand?

Can’t for wait it to be 3 days in, NSW are 1/250 following Victoria’s 550. “Ah yep, perfect for Boxing Day” lol

(not that junction wicket is necessarily better but they use a different strip of the pitch for the test matches and produce roads regardless)

Obviously in the minority re Junction vs MCG, stand by it though, can’t stand going to the G when junction oval is so much nicer to watch at

Can’t for wait it to be 3 days in, NSW are 1/250 following Victoria’s 550. “Ah yep, perfect for Boxing Day” lol

(not that junction wicket is necessarily better but they use a different strip of the pitch for the test matches and produce roads regardless)

Well every time they put life into the MCG test wicket the home team crumbles and lose the game!!!

No offence, but spectators don't really matter here as there are barely any of them for the Shield. Players should be playing on international grounds as much as possable. The fact they don't in Australia right now can only be a disadvantage for us.

Victoria yellow v Victoria blue

I wonder how they picked the teams, if they used the idiots who recruit for our BBL teams they would of stacked one team with all the stars and the other with the rejects :think:

I wonder how they picked the teams, if they used the idiots who recruit for our BBL teams they would of stacked one team with all the stars and the other with the rejects :think:
Most likely scenario is that Handscomb and Harris would have been captains (as I believe Harris is VC when Finch and Maxy are away) and they pick the sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the NSW and Vict squads were in Darwin preparing for a shield match but is it correct they are now going to play in Sydney?
That got called off three weeks ago

Melbourne may as well play their home games at Elsternwick Park next season, rather than the G. It's much nicer to watch at.

I dont think picking grounds to make it best for the 10 blokes and 2 border collies at the match is particular high on the agenda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back