State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

In the limited time I saw of him, he didn't have a lot of control, but I guess all young leg spinners are the same

Fair chase in the second XI match

Queensland first innings
8 - 419 declared
Bryce Street 182
Hugo Burdon 119
Lachlan Hearne 38

(???) 4/107 (looks like former WA quick David Moody when watching the highlights)
Cam McLure 2/52 (25)

Victoria First innings
All out 286
Ashley Chandrasinghe 59
Jon Merlo 99
Dylan Brasher 37

Jack Wildermuth 5/44 (21)
Jem Ryan 2/58 (14)

Queensland second innings
All out 237
Bryce Street 43
Hugo Burden 32
Max Bryant 29
Jack Wildermuth 40
Extras 24

Xavier Crone 3/65 (12)
Cam McClure 2/5 (8)
David Moody (2/41 (11)
Harkita Baywatch 3/71 (21)

Victoria second innings (target 372)
9-373
Ashley Chandrasinghe 81
Lake Thomson 39
Travis Dean 52
Dylan Brasher 98
Xavier Crone 35
Cam McClure 20 not out
Matt Fotia 7 not out

Vics win by 1 wicket

His last Premier Cricket game was on February 10th which he returned season best figures of 3/80 from 21 overs.

In the limited time I saw of him, he didn't have a lot of control, but I guess all young leg spinners are the same
Tom O'Donnell (son of Simon) retiring from all cricket

Bigger loss of young talents is Harrish Kannan walking out on Casey - South Melbourne to “pursue opportunities in New Zealand first class cricket”

Got dropped earlier in The season but this kid can seriously play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bigger loss of young talents is Harrish Kannan walking out on Casey - South Melbourne to “pursue opportunities in New Zealand first class cricket”

Got dropped earlier in The season but this kid can seriously play.
“Talent” is only one part of the equation and the higher you go the less it matters because at some point everyone has the same.

That the see no path is the major issue I have with it all.

Something very wrong from where I sit

“Talent” is only one part of the equation and the higher you go the less it matters because at some point everyone has the same.

That the see no path is the major issue I have with it all.

Something very wrong from where I sit
Seeing no path may be part of it. I wonder if some are worried about being found out? Keath, Doran for example. Maybe Sangha in that bracket? So not having the foundation in the first place rather than selection bias?

Fair chase in the second XI match

Queensland first innings
8 - 419 declared
Bryce Street 182
Hugo Burdon 119
Lachlan Hearne 38

(???) 4/107 (looks like former WA quick David Moody when watching the highlights)
Cam McLure 2/52 (25)

Victoria First innings
All out 286
Ashley Chandrasinghe 59
Jon Merlo 99
Dylan Brasher 37

Jack Wildermuth 5/44 (21)
Jem Ryan 2/58 (14)

Queensland second innings
All out 237
Bryce Street 43
Hugo Burden 32
Max Bryant 29
Jack Wildermuth 40
Extras 24

Xavier Crone 3/65 (12)
Cam McClure 2/5 (8)
David Moody (2/41 (11)
Harkita Baywatch 3/71 (21)

Victoria second innings (target 372)
9-373
Ashley Chandrasinghe 81
Lake Thomson 39
Travis Dean 52
Dylan Brasher 98
Xavier Crone 35
Cam McClure 20 not out
Matt Fotia 7 not out

Vics win by 1 wicket
I guess they fixed whatever "dangers" were said to be in the pitch

Seeing no path may be part of it. I wonder if some are worried about being found out? Keath, Doran for example. Maybe Sangha in that bracket? So not having the foundation in the first place rather than selection bias?
My views on this type of stuff are pretty clear and consistent, I was fortunate to have Hugh McCluggage as a youngster in and around my group - he could have made it to State Cricket because he had everything but more importantly his head was always very level. I told a few I thought he’d be better of pursuing 🏏…don’t I look like an idiot. Similarly Jonathan Brown would have made it for sure as a cricketer because what made him great as a footballer was the same thing that defined him as a cricketer.

Wasn’t their an on field incident between Kannan and Seymour which resulted in a suspension?
Bingo

Ive got friends of friends at Casey - SM in first XI cricket and Harrish is a very, uh, competitive person. Often gets the better of him. Good luck to him but i think he’ll be one of the guys a few people are listing, talented as anything but when the crunch to knuckle down is required can’t quite take the nest step.

As talented a player as any junior coming through according to Will Carr (Casey - SM coach). Disappointing loss but get the feeling they feel they’ll be fine without

Google “Kumar Sarna”
He was same time as Michael Hill was he not? He was touted as a generational talent like all U19 cricket captains. Fell flat on his face and disappeared for a period, did he not? Saran just disappeared from high level cricket till that Paul Amy article in the last few years showed he’s still playing park cricket

He was same time as Michael Hill was he not? He was touted as a generational talent like all U19 cricket captains. Fell flat on his face and disappeared for a period, did he not? Saran just disappeared from high level cricket till that Paul Amy article in the last few years showed he’s still playing park cricket
the jeweller? :drunk::think:

Didn't Sarna have personal problems?

He went from playing in the Under 19 World Cup to playing out in Wonga Park for a season in local Cricket within 2 years. PlayHQ has him last playing in 2016 for Kingston Hawthorn's 1st. Did pretty well that year to his credit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back