State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

We have not enjoyed the rub of the green with the weather, but we are paying the penalty of -

• playing five bowlers
  • pretending Sutherland is a decent all rounder when he is a number 9
  • Selecting Merlo and Short, neither of whom have the technique nor temperament for FC cricket.

We have not enjoyed the rub of the green with the weather, but we are paying the penalty of -

• playing five bowlers
  • pretending Sutherland is a decent all rounder when he is a number 9
  • Selecting Merlo and Short, neither of whom have the technique nor temperament for FC cricket.
I can live with Short. He fires every now and then.
Merlo though....
Sutherland in the top 7...

I can live with Short. He fires every now and then.
Merlo though....
Sutherland in the top 7...

Sorry … NO to Short who has a Shield Average that even Nepo Man (Mere Marsh) laughs at

Would like to see 17yo Peake get looked at in the coming 12-24 months for a rookie contract or some 2nd XI experience.
Averaged 118.5 in First XI this summer, 72 in school cricket, 71 in U17 state champs and 48 in u19 state champs.

Last edited:
Would like to see 17yo Peake get looked at in the coming 12-24 months for a rookie contract or some 2nd XI experience.
Averaged 105 in First XI this summer, 72 in school cricket, 71 in U17 state champs and 48 in u19 state champs.
Yes and I would look at Harry Dixon as well and give them some experience in 2nd 11 games as well.It seems Parker has given up cricket for football due to lack of opportunities and I am sure if Sutherland ever gave up cricket he would be a high pick in the AFL draft as well.

Ah well. Another close but not quite good enough season. We were well placed in both comps at the business end of the season and with destiny in our own hands and again we have failed to nail it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez there's some aggressive comments in here. Sutherland is 2 seasons in with one being a sub captaincy - made the granny and lost last year with Suth taken the most wickets, now on the cusp of making another granny and you all are acting like we're cooked.

Geez there's some aggressive comments in here. Sutherland is 2 seasons in with one being a sub captaincy - made the granny and lost last year with Suth taken the most wickets, now on the cusp of making another granny and you all are acting like we're cooked.
Half these blokes aren't happy unless we're s**t

We really need to learn how important it is to clean up the tail without too much damage.
Too often we give up way too many runs.

Would think so but Boland needs more support.Pick of the bowlers at the moment with 3 of the 4 wickets but important to get Inglis out cheaply but it is hot out there.
Inglis is the greatest wasted talent in the history of World Cricket/World Sport.
The Australian Selectors should be ashamed of themselves.

I reckon the aim would be try and get as close as possible to 350 tomorrow. If we can go into Day 3 with a 100 run lead, puts pressure on WA because they will have to score as they won't be able to hold our for a draw for that long

Quite the opposite, some people just don’t accept mediocrity like Essendon supporters do.
Yep.
That’s why clubs leave whinging whiners out of their sides, don’t tell them why, and leave it for the loser to try and figure it out for themselves.

Quite the opposite, some people just don’t accept mediocrity like Essendon supporters do.
Mediocrity? We have a squad full of kids between 20 and 26. We've made B2B Shield finals despite being in a rebuild phase and if we win this game we've made the final again despite putting out a consistently young side.

You're a classic case in point. You bitch whenever it's close. Even when we win you consistently moan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back