State Focus WA 2021 - Western Australia’s junior footy talent

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought with EF having 11 state players on there team they would of smashed both SD and Cl
On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just shows a good individual team will beat a team of good individuals i guess....as for those "11" EF state players....well WA did beat SA more convincingly in that first match with those EF boys playing I guess.....well done SD on their GF win.....

Last edited:
So does anyone have any opinion on sandy brock.
KPD played WAFL for Peel this year.
Just 'pre listed' as an academy product given his NT roots.

So does anyone have any opinion on sandy brock.
KPD played WAFL for Peel this year.
Just 'pre listed' as an academy product given his NT roots.
Brock is a project. Skinny key defender, quite tall - ended up playing in the ruck for Peel a few games where he was physically outmatched but worked hard. He's got some athleticism, an AFL pre-season or two will do him wonders. Won't be a world beater but someone who you would look to develop into a player who can play on the King/Naughton types who thrive on the lead, has the height and speed to be able to keep up with them. I would think he'll take a year or two to even be considered to play league footy.

Brock is a project. Skinny key defender, quite tall - ended up playing in the ruck for Peel a few games where he was physically outmatched but worked hard. He's got some athleticism, an AFL pre-season or two will do him wonders. Won't be a world beater but someone who you would look to develop into a player who can play on the King/Naughton types who thrive on the lead, has the height and speed to be able to keep up with them. I would think he'll take a year or two to even be considered to play league footy.
Thanks, kind of figured a similar thing from listening to his interview.
Handy type to have on your list.

What ppls thoughts about brady houghs ceiling?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I think the ceiling is quite high even for a 19yr old and i think thats the enticing part about him.

His game against the best WAFL league side (Subi) for decades, statistically was elite and best for Peel Thunder. I havnt watched the game but 23 disp, 19 kicks, 9 marks, and 1 goal from memory wouldve been noticed.

It wont suprise me if someone comes for him in the 20s. He maybe didnt do enough in the WA vs SA games but was still very solid/good

I think the ceiling is quite high even for a 19yr old and i think thats the enticing part about him.

His game against the best WAFL league side (Subi) for decades, statistically was elite and best for Peel Thunder. I havnt watched the game but 23 disp, 19 kicks, 9 marks, and 1 goal from memory wouldve been noticed.

It wont suprise me if someone comes for him in the 20s. He maybe didnt do enough in the WA vs SA games but was still very solid/good
19 ?

Hough Is 18 this year not 19. Only started playing colts this year. Opted to play for his home club, Harvey for his underage year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Dittmar and Regan didn't get picked but McVee went in the Rookie draft?; I have to say that that is surprising.

Regan not getting picked doesn't surprise me. Kid just doesn't work hard and probably never will. McVee has some nice traits, good footy IQ, a good kick, composed through traffic, still growing into his body, scope for improvement. Dittmar is baffling to me. He's just Zurhaar-lite. The kicking needs some work but he cracks in and actually cares out there.

So Dittmar and Regan didn't get picked but McVee went in the Rookie draft?; I have to say that that is surprising.
Someone on the eagles page said dittmar has back issues so thats why he wasnt picked up. Not sure if true,hes a new poster

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Josh Browne overlooked as well, seem to be pretty consistent all year with his performances. Be interesting to see if the likes of Browne, Dittmar, Cripps, Regan and Chipper can stay focused and put their hands up again in 2022.

Is he the only WA draftee that played league WAFL this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back