Europe War in Ukraine - Thread 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
South of Tokmak is 40+km from the “front lines”…. Wow!!!!

Certainly a highly organised rapid attack IF that is the case.

Russian frontline artillery wouldn’t be able to to turn around and fire at that attack either. They would have to retreat back first and then fire backwards.
Yes, it's impressive if true. I thought the Ukrainians would move quick once they had found the right spot(s) to advance, they'll get way inside the Russians decision loop and give them no chance to respond meaningfully. (and hopefully crack the Russians wide open.)

A TG post re the location of battles, from Orikhiv to Pavlika. Again you can see Malaya Tokmak shown just east of Orikhiv.
‼️Zaporizhia direction: heavy bloody battles are taking place along the contact line from Orikhov to Pavlivka, - DeepState analysts. We pray for our heroes!
photo_2023-06-08_15-28-39.jpg

Edit: Sorry, I forget not everyone is a Russian language fanboi lol. Have edited in a new version with Orikhiv (looks like Opixiv) and Malaya Tokmak (printed as Mala Tokmachka) in green.

Link to [post - Trukha Ukraina]

There are apparently reports on Russian SM of Ukrainian attacks with heavy armour along the Zaporozhye front

db30d4ea9c6f98e79f2c21752bc4b66c

So it begins...

Russian trolls and media are edgy and have been jumping at shadows everywhere the last week. This is still probably probing attacks along the frontline.

Once the orcs come out with “the situation is difficult” followed by “it was only a feint on our part” is when the offensive is in full earnest.

Saw this alleged post from Russian soldiers trapped in Berkhivka, which is north Bakhmut. The AI assisted translation seems to be working at 'my hovercraft is full of eels' kind of level (Mobbs, where are you?) but it seems clear they have suffered enormous loses and appear to have been left behind.

Saw this alleged post from Russian soldiers trapped in Berkhivka, which is north Bakhmut. The AI assisted translation seems to be working at 'my hovercraft is full of eels' kind of level (Mobbs, where are you?) but it seems clear they have suffered enormous loses and appear to have been left behind.

No idea either. I can recognise a lot of written Russian, but spoken is much harder! The only thing I can offer is that their references to "hail" is probably to "Grad" artillery - as that's the translation (and "Grom" = thunder). Otherwise I can't help!

No idea either. I can recognise a lot of written Russian, but spoken is much harder! The only thing I can offer is that their references to "hail" is probably to "Grad" artillery - as that's the translation (and "Grom" = thunder). Otherwise I can't help!
Thanks, that makes more sense, I didn't know what 'hail' was other than it seemed to be a weapon. Clearly you can't trust AI translation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it looks like the Ukrainians are mostly conducting reconnaissance missions as well as taking strategic terrain along the lines with small teams, keeping their main forces and western heavy vehicles in reserve for now?

Is it known if the Russians actually flood any of their equipment when they burst the dam or did they withdraw from their positions in the flood planes? You would assume the latter but communication and coordination doesn't seem to be a thing for them so who knows.

So it looks like the Ukrainians are mostly conducting reconnaissance missions as well as taking strategic terrain along the lines with small teams, keeping their main forces and western heavy vehicles in reserve for now?

Is it known if the Russians actually flood any of their equipment when they burst the dam or did they withdraw from their positions in the flood planes? You would assume the latter but communication and coordination doesn't seem to be a thing for them so who knows.
I have seen a few comments online suggesting the bulk of the Russians affected received no warning, in fact this is used by pro Russian bloggers to suggest it was Ukraine or an 'accident' that caused the dam to be damaged. However, we are talking about the country that didn't tell their soldiers they were invading Ukraine until a few hours before deployment and has been hopelessly disorganised through out the war.

Yeah, they will probably wait until the hit the proper front lines before using the heavy stuff to try and punch holes through. No use wasting it on exposed terrain in the lead up.

I have seen a few comments online suggesting the bulk of the Russians affected received no warning, in fact this is used by pro Russian bloggers to suggest it was Ukraine or an 'accident' that caused the dam to be damaged. However, we are talking about the country that didn't tell their soldiers they were invading Ukraine until a few hours before deployment and has been hopelessly disorganised through out the war.

Also this is the country that allowed their soldiers to dig and man trenches in the radioactive forests around Chernobyl. Communication doesn't seem to a strength of theirs.

Plus as mentioned previously, it seems they were only intending to cause a minor breach to lift the river level to submerge some islands where the UAF were positioned, not destroy it as they did which caught them unaware and unprepared. Competence also isn't a big strength of theirs.

Plus as mentioned previously, it seems they were only intending to cause a minor breach to lift the river level to submerge some islands where the UAF were positioned, not destroy it as they did which caught them unaware and unprepared. Competence also isn't a big strength of theirs.
That is my take on what happened too. Like most things in the war they 'miscalculated'.

I think they only intended to do a small breach, but didn't realise the force/pressure of the water can easily turn a small crack into a gapping hole.

After previously saying they had a two year supply of water in Crimea, the orc authorities have all of a sudden announced water restrictions and are blaming it on a non-existent drought.

Has absolutely nothing to do with the dam they blew up….

That is my take on what happened too. Like most things in the war they 'miscalculated'.

I think they only intended to do a small breach, but didn't realise the force/pressure of the water can easily turn a small crack into a gapping hole.
That bloke, Major Miscalculation, has been responsible for most of the Russians problems, the rest from drinking too much of their own bath water.
They just can't be this stupid can they?

Unreal.
Yes, they can. From go to whoa it's been 110% stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back