Europe War in Ukraine - Thread 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From TV Rain, a very well developed piece on how Putin has turned the RF into a dictatorship with next to no opposition over 20+ years.

After independent media and the democratic right to protest came onto the scene after the Soviet Union collapsed, an insidious process has since followed under Putin's direction to roll all of that back again.

Russia has become a mutant effigy of a nation, assembly line producing meat to march over all the borders one after the other, in an endless cycle of relentless savagery.

Note that all those protests mentioned in the video were put down with slightly more violence and wholesale brutality every time. It was always going to escalate to Brateevo-level barbarism.

This is why the RF calls the maidan civilian revolution in Ukraine a "coup". Disagreement with a government machine is unheard of as a right of the people. So it always looks like an act of war to the machine at the head of this beast.

This came up again in my head when someone argued that within 5 years Europe might become the plaything of a fascist supremacy pressing a boot down on poor little minorities like Russia if the their troops were not given due empathy.

So just in case it's ever mentioned again, I will leave this reminder of how one of Putin's greatest muses, Alexandr Dugin, theorises that Russia needs to take over all of Europe AND Asia ... apparently in order to oppose what they feel is a fervent American predator outside its doorstep.

Well, if their families wanted money, they should have told their loved ones to stay in Russia and get a job rather than going to a foreign country and getting themselves killed.

This came up again in my head when someone argued that within 5 years Europe might become the plaything of a fascist supremacy pressing a boot down on poor little minorities like Russia if the their troops were not given due empathy.

So just in case it's ever mentioned again, I will leave this reminder of how one of Putin's greatest muses, Alexandr Dugin, theorises that Russia needs to take over all of Europe AND Asia ... apparently in order to oppose what they feel is a fervent American predator outside its doorstep.

[/URL]]
It's interesting how Dugin says Russia must expand to survive, yet if Russia didn't try expanding its empire then his own daughter would have survived.....

"During our preparations for the operation, most of the information we obtained came from open sources.
One of the sources of such information was a video recording made by a Russian woman who was relaxing on a yacht near the Crimean Bridge - she filmed the internal structures of the bridge’s arch. This information gave us an idea of the point where the bridge had to be attacked in order to cause maximum damage."

"Every Russian with a smartphone is our best friend...

Media titan Rupert Murdoch's eldest son is a leading figure in media with a U.S. Republican-leaning audience. His visit comes as concern in Ukraine mounts over the future of vital American military and economic aid with the war with Russia showing no end in sight.

Zelenskiy said it was vital to keep the world's attention focused on the war in Ukraine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Media titan Rupert Murdoch's eldest son is a leading figure in media with a U.S. Republican-leaning audience. His visit comes as concern in Ukraine mounts over the future of vital American military and economic aid with the war with Russia showing no end in sight.

Zelenskiy said it was vital to keep the world's attention focused on the war in Ukraine.

IF FOX goes pro-Ukraine, then the GOP will have to fall in line. Huge moment for Ukraine, hopefully Zelenskiy has secured their support.

This change to focus on the Freedom of Ukraine, would be great for world democracy.

Happening right now. All of Russia's Black sea fleet won't be able to move for a day or so. Would take some balls but now would be a good time to attack from the air plus rain down some cruise missiles.

Apparently not only affecting Crimea but all of southern and Eastern Ukraine with freezing temperatures and snow.

We all know how the orcs love not giving their soldiers supplies to combat this type of weather, hopefully that negligence shines though.

In Crimea, huge waves washing away the work of Russian defence fortifications, such a shame. Hopefully the storm can also shift the silt under the Kerch bridge, would be a good time to attack it again.

Using the back door at an highly inflated price too probably. The German car manufacturers aren't going to say no to this. They have history of not serving public interests, health of safety over corporate revenue.
This would actually be difficult to police.

They cannot just refuse to sell to the whole country, they have legitimate buyers.

And the Russians don't even need to deal with German car companies, just get people in those countries to buy cars legitimately, then drive them across the border.

Turnover of those cars goes up, car yards start ordering more cars to meet increased demand.

Short of stopping people at the border with German cars, what do they do?

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

This would actually be difficult to police.

They cannot just refuse to sell to the whole country, they have legitimate buyers.

And the Russians don't even need to deal with German car companies, just get people in those countries to buy cars legitimately, then drive them across the border.

Turnover of those cars goes up, car yards start ordering more cars to meet increased demand.

Short of stopping people at the border with German cars, what do they do?

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Make a condition of export that goods cannot be onsold to Russian customers. Have the GPS location in the car disable it if it's detected being operated in Russia. Parts - spray with datadots for tracking.

Last edited:
Make a condition of export that goods cannot be onsold to Russian customers. Have the GPS location in the car disable it if it's detected being operated in Russia. Parts - spray with datadots for tracking.
I dont think this can be done, not a law expert though. They can do this with major weapons systems, because the buyers are governments, and are done as part of government to government deals

But I do not think a mechanism exists that can let a foreign government, let alone a foreign company, sell a consumer item with conditions like, you cannot drive it over the border. And items like features that can disable a mode of transport sold in a country would need to be installed under the laws of that country, a foreign company couldn't arbitrarily do it. American cars sold in Australia are sold under Australian law, and not American law Australian law would need to provide for this provision, not an American law, or a decision by the company, or even international law.

Romania would need to impose these conditions, and I doubt there is any Romanian law that allows that either. They would have to draft and pass the laws that allow it.

Germany only has one option, ban the sale of cars to Romania totally, or not.

And if they did, I suspect Romania would take them to international court, and that they would win

They cannot stop people driving their German cars from Romania into Russia, and I doubt they can just stop exporting cars to Romania either. And if they did, why not just buy the car outside Romania, then drive it through Romania into Russia?

I dont think this can be done, not a law expert though. They can do this with major weapons systems, because the buyers are governments, and are done as part of government to government deals

But I do not think a mechanism exists that can let a foreign government, let alone a foreign company, sell a consumer item with conditions like, you cannot drive it over the border. And items like features that can disable a mode of transport sold in a country would need to be installed under the laws of that country, a foreign company couldn't arbitrarily do it. American cars sold in Australia are sold under Australian law, and not American law Australian law would need to provide for this provision, not an American law, or a decision by the company, or even international law.

Romania would need to impose these conditions, and I doubt there is any Romanian law that allows that either. They would have to draft and pass the laws that allow it.

Germany only has one option, ban the sale of cars to Romania totally, or not.

And if they did, I suspect Romania would take them to international court, and that they would win

They cannot stop people driving their German cars from Romania into Russia, and I doubt they can just stop exporting cars to Romania either. And if they did, why not just buy the car outside Romania, then drive it through Romania into Russia?

In practice it would be very difficult to prevent as you say because of these reasons.

What can be done relatively easily is tag all vehicles with microdot technology that can be tracked via GPS. Once it's detected that the vehicle has been operated in Russia manufacturer support for the vehicle should be withdrawn immediately. This won't stop the vehicle being operated in Russia but pulling official manufacturer and repaclement parts support will cause issues in the operation of vehicles imported by skirting sanctions. Eventually all the vatniks wouild have to start pillaging their own vehicles for parts and/or conjure up their own parts. Doesn't stop them but does make life hard for them.

What a time to be alive in Russia if you’re a citizen.

But they keep on bringing it upon themselves.

So salaries are frozen but Putin ramps up interests rates to 15% to prop up the economy. But if you go into the meat grinder your salary isn't frozen. Must be hard maintaining a dictatorship in a country the size of Russia. At least for Kim Jong it's easier with North Korea sealed off and a population that's easy to subvert.

Using the back door at an highly inflated price too probably. The German car manufacturers aren't going to say no to this. They have history of not serving public interests, health of safety over corporate revenue.

They love war profiteering don’t they. Can’t help themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back