Waxit - It's time for the WA succession movement again

Remove this Banner Ad

WA are clearly unhappy that the tide has gone out on mining royalties and they are getting a poor cut of the GST revenue so the WA Libs are investigating "financial independence" from the rest of Australia.

What say you all. Could WA go it alone?

It will never happen, I don't know why people continually bleat about WA's secession from Australia.

As a positive, it will make West Coast's trips east every second week sound so much more dramatic if they're considered international flights.

If its anything like the results in the 30s when it managed to get up, then it would open a lot of ethical questions.

Back then Perth wanted to leave, but the rest of the state didnt. If it happened again, I see no reason why they should have to give up their citizenships against their will simply because they happen to fall within a state which no longer existed.

If perth voted to leave then good luck to them, but if the rest of the state wants to stay then they should do it alone.

******* lol, sponge off NSW/VIC for 100 years then have a relatively short boom where you start to pay back your debt and you get all pissy. Give it another decade or so and get square then you can * off into irrelevance.

******* lol, sponge off NSW/VIC for 100 years then have a relatively short boom where you start to pay back your debt and you get all pissy. Give it another decade or so and get square then you can **** off into irrelevance.

Always love this logic.

Happy to consider paying it if we get a rebate for the stupidly high tariffs we paid for 100+ years to keep Victorians and South Australians making inferior cars and clothes.

Always love this logic.

Happy to consider paying it if we get a rebate for the stupidly high tariffs we paid for 100+ years to keep Victorians and South Australians making inferior cars and clothes.
And most pf the so called aid was the Trans railway which was mostly beneficial to Victorian Industry.

Always love this logic.

You're net recipients over Australia's history regardless of spin. Good for you paying your way for most of a generation. Like I said, pay your debt then you can be a fully independent cultural backwater. :)

Always love this logic.

And those tariffs kept people in work, who paid taxes that contributed to government outlays.

You're net recipients over Australia's history regardless of spin. Good for you paying your way for most of a generation. Like I said, pay your debt then you can be a fully independent cultural backwater. :)

Yeah, nah.

I actually think we should stick around and up our spending to even more unsustainable levels. That way the system will reward us like it rewards Hobart and Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WA are clearly unhappy that the tide has gone out on mining royalties and they are getting a poor cut of the GST revenue so the WA Libs are investigating "financial independence" from the rest of Australia.

What say you all. Could WA go it alone?

WA should walk from the commonwealth along with NT and Queensland. We should also build a wall and make South Australia pay for it.......or at least build it.

******* lol, sponge off NSW/VIC for 100 years then have a relatively short boom where you start to pay back your debt and you get all pissy. Give it another decade or so and get square then you can **** off into irrelevance.

Incorrect

The racism white Australia policy just meant WA didn't get its prorate entitlement as the nation didn't count blacks

Incorrect

The racism white Australia policy just meant WA didn't get its prorata entitlement as the nation didn't count blacks in the distribution

Last edited:
Obviously this isn't going to happen, but the GST distribution thing really does need to be fixed. and no doubt will be, as soon as NSW or Vic's percentage starts falling.

I don't know why people from the eastern states get so smug towards WA when the entire driver of Victorian and NSW economies is putting up ticky tacky apartments financed by a private debt binge.

I know which boom will truly end in tears and it ain't the one involving mining

Remove this Banner Ad

Back