WCE peak Judd was better than peak GAJ and peak Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Who cares?

This isn't about who wins Goal of the Year.

You’d think goal kicking skill relates to peak performance, no? If somebody can kick goals nobody else can he’s got more skills.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Indeed. Martin is running slightly forward, however, and not directly parallel to goal like Ablett was. Martin’s angle was tighter, ablett’s momentum was taking him further away from goal.

I think Dusty was a step closer to the boundary too, but yeah both incredibly difficult kicks. I think dustys was harder cause of the angle, I’m sure you disagree with that though which is fine.

You’d think goal kicking skill relates to peak performance, no? If somebody can kick goals nobody else can he’s got more skills.

Ablett kicked more goals, ergo, he's got more skill, that's how it works right?

He kicked difficult ones, he kicked more overall.

You certainly have a knack for finding increasingly unrelated things to try to argue.

Eddie Betts kicked more unbelievable goals than either Ablett or Martin, clearly he must be the best then.

Ablett kicked more goals, ergo, he's got more skill, that's how it works right?

He kicked difficult ones, he kicked more overall.

You certainly have a knack for finding increasingly unrelated things to try to argue.

Eddie Betts kicked more unbelievable goals than either Ablett or Martin, clearly he must be the best then.

It is just a factor in assessing peaks, that’s it. You look at other things as well obviously. Why do people keep taking what I say to the extreme, I’ve said I don’t mean it like that numerous times.

Pretty irrelevant if they do it once every blue moon.

They both do it pretty regularly. Look at their highlights. To me Dusty has more flair and I prefer his highlight package. His skills just look better to me.

I think Dusty was a step closer to the boundary too, but yeah both incredibly difficult kicks. I think dustys was harder cause of the angle, I’m sure you disagree with that though which is fine.

I think Martin’s angle was harder I think the degree of difficulty in actually executing the kick for Ablett was harder because of the direction he was running in. They were more or less the same

It is just a factor in assessing peaks, that’s it. You look at other things as well obviously. Why do people keep taking what I say to the extreme, I’ve said I don’t mean it like that numerous times.

Because you take it to extremes.

You're literally trying to argue Dusty > GAJ because he kicked one goal that may have been on a slightly sharper angle than Ablett did.

It's an absurd argument, anyone with a modicum of AFL knowledge knows that.

Because you take it to extremes.

You're literally trying to argue Dusty > GAJ because he kicked one goal that may have been on a slightly sharper angle than Ablett did.

It's an absurd argument, anyone with a modicum of AFL knowledge knows that.

Again you took it to the extreme, I never said it’s solely cause of that. To me dustys peak is the best of the 3 but the difference between his best and his worst is the biggest of the 3. If I need a player in H&A I’m picking GAJ because he’s the most consistent if I need somebody for finals, specifically a GF I’m picking Dusty first all day every day. I don’t know why you people think this is unreasonable.

Yeah I pretty much agree, only difference is I’d pick Dusty is a finals game and Judd in an H&A game.

If I need a player in H&A I’m picking GAJ because he’s the most consistent if I need somebody for finals, specifically a GF I’m picking Dusty first all day every day.

Which is it?

Again you took it to the extreme, I never said it’s solely cause of that.

Nope you've literally wasted pages trying to argue about how a goal looks is somehow relevant to which player is the best.

You consistently pick extremely bizarre things to argue about in an effort to make <insert Richmond player here> the 'best' in whatever thread you're arguing in.

Which is it?

Nope you've literally wasted pages trying to argue about how a goal looks is somehow relevant to which player is the best.

You consistently pick extremely bizarre things to argue about in an effort to make the 'best' in whatever thread you're arguing in.

I’d take both GAJ and Judd over Martin in H&A. This clear enough now?

Lol you’ve provided nothing other than “GAJ is the best” of you think otherwise you are…

No I don’t think every Richmond player is the best, stop mentioning that crap.

I’d take both GAJ and Judd over Martin in H&A. This clear enough now?

Lol you’ve provided nothing other than “GAJ is the best” of you think otherwise you are…

No I don’t think every Richmond player is the best, stop mentioning that crap.

Funny how you think all the arguments anyone produces are laughable, despite them using actual objective measures, when yours is 'I think Dusty is the best because he kicked the goal I think looked the best and he played for my club'.

You're Richmond obsessed. It's fine. Dusty will go down as a fantastic player, you don't have to make up bizarre arguments like how good a goal looked to try to argue him being a great big-game player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny how you think all the arguments anyone produces are laughable, despite them using actual objective measures, when yours is 'I think Dusty is the best because he kicked the goal I think looked the best and he played for my club'.

You're Richmond obsessed. It's fine. Dusty will go down as a fantastic player, you don't have to make up bizarre arguments like how good a goal looked to try to argue him being a great big-game player.

Forget it, you’re a lost cause and obviously don’t read my comments properly. I’ve said peoples opinions are fair enough and I agree to disagree. You’ve got a bad comprehension issue and your brain can’t handle different opinions.

Forget it, you’re a lost cause and obviously don’t read my comments properly. I’ve said peoples opinions are fair enough and I agree to disagree. You’ve got a bad comprehension issue and your brain can’t handle different opinions.

Your opinion appears to be that Dusty kicks the odd nice looking goal so he's the best. He just also happens to play for your team, so you're definitely not biased or anything. You just happen to think that everyone who doesn't think Dusty's goal(s) were the most difficult and bestest are wrong and you'll keep posting that until they agree.

Meanwhile you've tried to talk down GAJ because <reasons you can't explain> and Judd because you were 14 when he played for West Coast and can't remember if he was any good or not.

You also bizarrely tried to bring up GAS in a thread entirely unrelated to him.

You also have thrown your toys out of the cot a few times when you ask for someone's opinion but they give one you don't agree with;

F off Owen. I’m not debate with a flog

he’ll look like a fool

I’m not a being a smart ass like you

Looks like you’re a bubble person

you’re a lost cause

Your opinion appears to be that Dusty kicks the odd nice looking goal so he's the best. He just also happens to play for your team, so you're definitely not biased or anything. You just happen to think that everyone who doesn't think Dusty's goal(s) were the most difficult and bestest are wrong and you'll keep posting that until they agree.

Meanwhile you've tried to talk down GAJ because and Judd because you were 14 when he played for West Coast and can't remember if he was any good or not.

You also bizarrely tried to bring up GAS in a thread entirely unrelated to him.

You also have thrown your toys out of the cot a few times when you ask for someone's opinion but they give one you don't agree with;

I replied to somebody who brought up GAS, you are the 50th person that has said this

I don’t have a bias towards Richmond.

I watch replays of games

You have mentioned that damn goal thing 1000000000 times now, stop it it’s not what I am saying you 🥔

I also said it’s fine to disagree about whose goal is better. 3 guys including PB said they prefer GAJ for such as such reason and I said that fine. You, wojinski and some other bloke just say “dAyLiGhT” between them without saying why, which is ridiculous. I said my opinion and you guys started jumping down my through cause it’s blasphemy to say anything other than GAJ is the best ever in every aspect of the game, with no faults. You are like arguing with a religious person, impossible to argue with and ignorant. If he was that good cats don’t lose 08 period. Cats had a better list with Jesus in the team and still found a way to lose, GAJ is like every other player with pros and cons.

I don’t have a bias towards Richmond.

You do.

I watch replays of games

Apparently not if they don't involve Richmond.

I also said it’s fine to disagree about whose goal is better. 3 guys including PB said they prefer GAJ for such as such reason and I said that fine.

Well that's untrue, here's an exchange where you didn't say that's fine;

. Dustys 2018 one was on a tighter angle. Both in finals as well. I bet you didn’t even watch it.

You, wojinski and some other bloke just say “dAyLiGhT”

I never said daylight, another lie.

Add another to this list;

You are like arguing with a religious person, impossible to argue with and ignorant.

You do.

Apparently not if they don't involve Richmond.

Well that's untrue, here's an exchange where you didn't say that's fine;

I never said daylight, another lie.

Add another to this list;

Wojinski said daylight didn’t say why, I’ve lost track you are all the same. Bring up what I said to the other guys then like PB and the blues bloke. Your a cooked unit mate

I’m putting you on ignore Owen you’re sick.

That’s the difference, Dusty would just kick the goal. Dusty by far has had more/ better freak goals, GAJ has kicked more though.

You tell me which is the best goal of the 3. These imo are their best goals.

Not sure what responses you were expecting to this post lmao. Ablett’s goal is clearly the best of the 3

Not sure what responses you were expecting to this post lmao. Ablett’s goal is clearly the best of the 3

Why is that? First two are almost identical and dustys was on a tighter angle. It was also in a QF.

The second one is iconic because of the moment and shrugging of Dangerfield like he was nothing to ice the GF. How does it get better than that seriously?

I think people who think GAJ is better player will just say his is the better goal. It doesn’t compute with them otherwise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back