We have Voss, now we have the Assistants...

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to know why we didn't keep Eddie as our development forwards coach. Thought the idea of him moving to Carlton was him transitioning into coaching post retirment. Would of provided heaps of knowledge to Druid, Honey and Owies
May have something to with flushing all of Teagues men out of the club? It may also be that he wants to learn else where then come
Back?

It really isn't. Just another step in the long line of division by race masquerading as cultural diversity and inclusion. Reverse that policy and tell me if you still think it's a good one.

Serious question here, why would you reverse that policy? Of course the policy would be bad, 98.7% of coaches in the AFL system aren’t indigenous, so you would have all coaches except 2 outside the cap, that’s right, the AFL system has this season, two Indigenous people in coaching roles.

I seriously scratch my head when I read garbage comments like yours.

Casboult’s gone we don’t need a kicking coach :p
Tell that to Dow, TDK, Fogarty etc. None are comfortable in front of goal.

Even Cripps need to improve and actually become a threat of punishing teams. Rather than marking and missing. Will make life easier for H and Charlie if opposition have to pay respect to Cripps and TDK/Pitto.

Would love to know why we didn't keep Eddie as our development forwards coach. Thought the idea of him moving to Carlton was him transitioning into coaching post retirment. Would of provided heaps of knowledge to Druid, Honey and Owies
Old Carlton. Cleanout. That and maybe he didn't want to stay after Teague got the axe.

Serious question here, why would you reverse that policy? Of course the policy would be bad, 98.7% of coaches in the AFL system aren’t indigenous, so you would have all coaches except 2 outside the cap, that’s right, the AFL system has this season, two Indigenous people in coaching roles.

There is nothing garbage about my comment. I stand by my statement 100%. It's division by race masquerading as cultural diversity and inclusion. It makes everyone feel good about something they shouldn't feel good about. I couldn't care less what race the people coaching in the AFL are. It's completely and utterly irrelevant to someone's ability to do the role. It's appalling the AFL has this policy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you agree that the vast majority of AFL coaching roles go to ex players?

If so, do you know how many indigenous people have gone for these roles and missed out?

Is it possible that after being in the AFL bubble for a number of years, and knowing the nature of the coaching caper (especially assistants), that an indigenous athlete might just not be arsed with all that?

The indigenous people I’ve met or heard about over the years have always been laid back, genuine, warm people (met Micky O’Loughlin once, great fella). I’m sure there are exceptions to this but I’ve not seen it first hand

Maybe retiring back to their communities, to help and lead, to provide for their families, is what most of them want to do. They simply might not want what you want for them.

Now, if you have a bunch of examples of indigenous people going for AFL coaching jobs and being rejected, then I’m not only all ears but I’ll join in the chorus of that being an absolute disgrace…

There is nothing garbage about my comment. I stand by my statement 100%. It's division by race masquerading as cultural diversity and inclusion. It makes everyone feel good about something they shouldn't feel good about. I couldn't care less what race the people coaching in the AFL are. It's completely and utterly irrelevant to someone's ability to do the role. It's appalling the AFL has this policy.
Not really any different to affirmative action re gender for example.

Would you agree that the vast majority of AFL coaching roles go to ex players?
Yes
If so, do you know how many indigenous people have gone for these roles and missed out?

no idea
The indigenous people I’ve met or heard about over the years have always been laid back, genuine, warm people (met Micky O’Loughlin once, great fella). I’m sure there are exceptions to this but I’ve not seen it first hand

Maybe retiring back to their communities, to help and lead, to provide for their families, is what most of them want to do. They simply might not want what you want for them.

Now, if you have a bunch of examples of indigenous people going for AFL coaching jobs and being rejected, then I’m not only all ears but I’ll join in the chorus of that being an absolute disgrace…

Not sure where you’re going with some of that, genuine, warm, laid back people, can all be interested in coaching, it’s quite a broad generalisation you’ve made their, O”Laughlin for the record, did go in to coaching, but went down a different path.

Whilst anything is possible, if you have a demographic that makes up around 11% of AFL players, yet the same demographic makes up 1.3% of coaches in the industry, you can use your own judgement why.

What surprises me is, posters who think incentivising the hiring of Indiginous people at club land is divisive. We are seriously talking about 2 people across 18 teams, both being ex players payers.

Not sure where you’re going with some of that, genuine, warm, laid back people, can all be interested in coaching, it’s quite a broad generalisation you’ve made their, O”Laughlin for the record, did go in to coaching, but went down a different path.

Whilst anything is possible, if you have a demographic that makes up around 11% of AFL players, yet the same demographic makes up 1.3% of coaches in the industry, you can use your own judgement why.

What surprises me is, posters who think incentivising the hiring of Indiginous people at club land is divisive. We are seriously talking about 2 people across 18 teams, both being ex players payers.
I said the ones I’d met and others I’d heard about. Being laid back, genuine and warm are great personality traits, certainly not a slight on someone

All I did was give an alternative reason for why this could be the case, instead of jumping to the easy "oh, racism"

I don’t think it’s divisive atm, it certainly could be in future though

sakc sayers............
Notice a misplaced comma in a Voss email the other day. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for the time being, but if it all goes pear-shaped in the comms department leading into a critical part of the season we can't say the warning signs weren't there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back