List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Been having a bit of a rough patch of late, but spending the last 20 mins or so watching Harley highlights on repeat have helped. Takes me back to binging Naitanui's 3 goals in the rain, or the Gov-Vardy-Ryan-Sheed play.

We're so lucky to support this club, and even luckier to have this kid in our colours.

And how amazing did those jumpers look? Wow.

Been having a bit of a rough patch of late, but spending the last 20 mins or so watching Harley highlights on repeat have helped. Takes me back to binging Naitanui's 3 goals in the rain, or the Gov-Vardy-Ryan-Sheed play.

We're so lucky to support this club, and even luckier to have this kid in our colours.

I'd like us to wear those jumpers all of the time.

Wouldn't mind it as a permanent jumper

i was shitposting something else on bigfooty, anyone have the ryan mark of the century attempt ?

Spare a thought for the ground production crew that forgot to turn off the music before the bounce of the ball leading to the goal.

One of the most replayable highlights you will see this year, and everytime they see it they are going to remember the time they forgot to shut off the music.

Spare a thought for the ground production crew that forgot to turn off the music before the bounce of the ball leading to the goal.

One of the most replayable highlights you will see this year, and everytime they see it they are going to remember the time they forgot to shut off the music.
It's hard to remember, maybe even Tricky.

i was shitposting something else on bigfooty, anyone have the ryan mark of the century attempt ?

giphy.gif

A lot has been made about North winning that game against Gold Coast costing them a Harley

What has been forgotten is the AFL handed them the keys to unlock Reid but they chose to keep picks 2 and 3

We’d likely have done that deal but they didn’t put it in the table

Dumb. Just dumb. Saved us from ourselves

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. HURRICANE HARLEY

If there was still any doubt, Harley Reid ended it on Sunday night - He’s the best performing first-year player of the modern era. That’s better anyone you can name, be it Carey, Franklin, Ablett Jnr, Judd and Martin. It’s astonishing what he’s able to do. In one play on Sunday night, he won the clearance, took three bounces and with Christian Petracca chasing him, he kicked the goal. In the third quarter, he won the clearance, fended Clayton Oliver with his left hand, then transferred the ball into his left arm and fended Petracca with his right hand. It was a ‘Double Dusty’.

Harley Reid is the best first-year player of the modern era, Mark Robinson writes. Picture: Paul Kane/Getty Images.

His clearance kick was rebounded, where Reid won it again and his kick to Jack Darling led to an Eagles goal. The teen phenom was the second highest rated player in a magnificent West Coast win. Magnificent because the Eagles opened up Melbourne’s renowned defence and posted the highest score against the Demons this season. It was all happening. Jake Waterman kicked five goals and Liam Ryan almost held the greatest mark of all time. Oh, and Melbourne’s stocks took a hit. What a stunning Sunday evening.

Harley ‘Don’t Even Think About Tackling Me You Waste of Energy’ Reid

Jesus Christ, this kid could be anything. He wasn’t West Coast’s best today (Waterman for me, give love to the big guys wherever possible) however others will fairly argue it was Reid. I spoke of confidence before, and I can’t begin to imagine what is running through Harley’s veins right now.

He just does not care for anything or anyone on the field. He has no regard for who is trying to tackle him and will attempt to fend at every single opportunity. That running goal out the back of the centre clearance is the stuff of dreams. No Melbourne player could go with him, and as he bounced his way toward the goal he must be thinking “this is the easiest game in the world”.

The Brownlows, Club Champions, Players MVP’s and Coaches MVP’s will come, but right now watching him in his purest form is unlike anything else you’ll see in the competition. Every time he gets the ball, you almost expect something brilliant to come of it. He’s playing way above his age and experience.

West Coast, pay him whatever he wants. Do anything you can to make sure he stays for good. This guy is going to dominate the league for his entire career

Mongrel Punt has whipped it out like the rest of us.

A lot has been made about North winning that game against Gold Coast costing them a Harley

What has been forgotten is the AFL handed them the keys to unlock Reid but they chose to keep picks 2 and 3

To be fair trading 2 and 3 for 1 would have been dumb on their behalf.

Yeah not enough has been spoken about the pure arrogance, wasn’t the first offer like 15,17,18 and future end of first round pick and then they upped it to pick 3, 17 and 18.
Even melbournes offer was probably better then that shit.

Righto. North have a job opening in their recruiting department for you if you're interested.
McKercher was very highly rated pre-draft. He has had two or three games getting 30 touches in a bad north team. He is certainly not as good as Reid but the combined output of McKercher and Duursma has been above Reid alone.

I mentioned to my brothers via text that if North had put 2 and 3 on the table we'd be watching McKercher and Duursma/Curtin run around for us and while they are nice players, they aren't Harley. A part of me would die with every Harley at North highlight that came through.

So glad we have him.

North meanhwile are getting talks of "some light at the end of the tunnel" but losing by 40 to an ordinary Bombers team.
1716161991947.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back