List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

He's 10 games into a 3 years contract.

What are you expecting?
This.

He’d be mad to sign this early -if he signed 10 games in he should be finding a new manager.

Given his current form and ability, the longer he waits the more 0s he gets to add to his new deal.

He's 10 games into a 3 years contract.

What are you expecting?
Hoped he might say he loved it here and was keen to extend, might have kept the pressure off from the eastern states McLure types.

No pressure on him from my perspective, he's just a kid. If he wants to bail after three years then we will get the kitchen sink for him.

Hopefully he stays at least a similar period to juddy.

Sent from my Nokia X30 5G using Tapatalk

Do you want a ban m8?

Mosquitos are ******* annoying and it’s funny when you see one fly into a zapper. While they exist on our dime, while our picks get pushed back because of the endless handouts they claim to have never received, I will trawl their board for melts.

You don’t get to enjoy ‘Paul Curtis will be better than Harley Reid’ takes by staying in your lane. A quiet lurk never hurt anybody.
He is better than that finished Harley Peed, I stick by WHAT. I. SAID. North will be laughing watching the best forward prospect of all time (Paul "Glorious" Curtis) destroy that EDFL level player Harle. Hartley will then request a trade to West Perf

He is better than that finished Harley Peed, I stick by WHAT. I. SAID. North will be laughing watching the best forward prospect of all time (Paul "Glorious" Curtis) destroy that EDFL level player Harle. Hartley will then request a trade to West Perf
Mary Elizabeth Winstead Bugs GIF by CBS

His response to the re-signing question wasn't all that reassuring, gee

He’s been coy all the way through when asked about going to west coast etc. the only exception to that was the SEN interview after all the McClure shit.

He wants to ensure there is a competitive market, so he’s not going to come out and say “yep, sign me up”.

He said he loves playing for west coast, loves simmo, you can see how much the boys love him, and he’s doing everything right.

As a fan base we can’t sift through everything he says to try and find some kind of hidden message if he stays or goes, and it’s not his job to soothe an over anxious supporter base.

Just enjoy him playing football.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the full video. I actually felt reassured. He completely naturally shifted the conversation.

He didn't indicate or give an impression he's extentending or not extending. He just said he hasn't thought of it but he's loving his footy. While not explicitly stating he is extending or not he did express how much he's loving his footy.

Last edited:

Yeah I came on here to post the same thing. I hope I'm wrong because he’s the best young prospect we’ve had in our jumper in decades, and to lose him would just be gut wrenching. He makes footy worth watching again imo.

He’s been coy all the way through when asked about going to west coast etc. the only exception to that was the SEN interview after all the McClure s**t.

He wants to ensure there is a competitive market, so he’s not going to come out and say “yep, sign me up”.

He said he loves playing for west coast, loves simmo, you can see how much the boys love him, and he’s doing everything right.

As a fan base we can’t sift through everything he says to try and find some kind of hidden message if he stays or goes, and it’s not his job to soothe an over anxious supporter base.

Just enjoy him playing football.
Totally, and yes I do love watching him play. An absolute freak.

I just don't want him to provide any ammo for the Vic flog journos, some of the questions in that interview were putrid. They are looking for any slight angle to suggest he will be out the door at the end of his contract.

Totally, and yes I do love watching him play. An absolute freak.

I just don't want him to provide any ammo for the Vic flog journos, some of the questions in that interview were putrid. They are looking for any slight angle to suggest he will be out the door at the end of his contract.

Here’s my view: he made some really benign comments on the weekend on ABC, which was picked up by Edmund and reported in a way that was materially different than if you listen to the interview. While being reported as homesick, Harley never said he was homesick.

He clearly woke up to what was happening, and made an effort to explicitly state he wasn’t actually homesick at all.

He said he’s loving his footy in WA, spoke about his relationship with Simmo, Yeo and TK.

The only thing he didn’t do is declare he’ll never leave- at a time when he is wanting to CREATE A MARKET for his services.

Literally, what more do people want him to do?

It’s not his job to make sure you get a good night sleep not worrying about his contract and if he leaves in checks 3 YEARS TIME.

All the speculation or wishful dreams of the Victorian fans/media in regards to him returning reminds me of the Chris Judd years at the Eagles. They have the same obsession about him missing his family, getting out the Perth fishbowl and even he supported a Victorian team growing up and would want to play for them. They started talking about State of Origin being resurrected and wouldn’t it be great to see him wearing the Big V. Many of these comments have already started again. From memory Victorians would watch Judd at the Eagles and admire his skills as he didn’t play for the arch enemy. However, when Judd went to Carlton a lot of that love dissipated from supporters of other teams. If for arguments sake Harley went to Essendon would other fans tune into that game just to see what he’d do? Would his revenue from sponsorship be reduced?

Here’s my view: he made some really benign comments on the weekend on ABC, which was picked up by Edmund and reported in a way that was materially different than if you listen to the interview. While being reported as homesick, Harley never said he was homesick.

He clearly woke up to what was happening, and made an effort to explicitly state he wasn’t actually homesick at all.

He said he’s loving his footy in WA, spoke about his relationship with Simmo, Yeo and TK.

The only thing he didn’t do is declare he’ll never leave- at a time when he is wanting to CREATE A MARKET for his services.

Literally, what more do people want him to do?

It’s not his job to make sure you get a good night sleep not worrying about his contract and if he leaves in checks 3 YEARS TIME.
Not only this but he's 9 games into his first year. The kid is likely still adjusting to all the garbage media he'll learn when to be open, when to straight bat and when to swing for the fences when answering questions.

Our club is very good when it comes to protecting players from media if required so I have no doubt if harley says he needs a break we'd put the foot down.

All the speculation or wishful dreams of the Victorian fans/media in regards to him returning reminds me of the Chris Judd years at the Eagles. They have the same obsession about him missing his family, getting out the Perth fishbowl and even he supported a Victorian team growing up and would want to play for them. They started talking about State of Origin being resurrected and wouldn’t it be great to see him wearing the Big V. Many of these comments have already started again. From memory Victorians would watch Judd at the Eagles and admire his skills as he didn’t play for the arch enemy. However, when Judd went to Carlton a lot of that love dissipated from supporters of other teams. If for arguments sake Harley went to Essendon would other fans tune into that game just to see what he’d do? Would his revenue from sponsorship be reduced?
I'll start getting worried when his mum releases a song...

Not only this but he's 9 games into his first year. The kid is likely still adjusting to all the garbage media he'll learn when to be open, when to straight bat and when to swing for the fences when answering questions.

Our club is very good when it comes to protecting players from media if required so I have no doubt if harley says he needs a break we'd put the foot down.

I think he has been burnt a couple of times already with McClure and now these homesickness comments.

I can see him becoming less open and playing more a straight bat. That would be a shame, because it’s his openness and natural vibe that makes him so good to listen to, but that’s the media for you.

I think he has been burnt a couple of times already with McClure and now these homesickness comments.

I can see him becoming less open and playing more a straight bat. That would be a shame, because it’s his openness and natural vibe that makes him so good to listen to, but that’s the media for you.

The Media: "we want players to be open and express themselves and not be closed off"

Also the media: "Let's take what the players say and distort it to fit our own agenda and narratives regardless of the players wishes".

The media when the players stop being open with them:
Surprised Meme GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back