Player Watch Welcome Max Ramsden, Pick 6 2022 MSD - Debuts!

Remove this Banner Ad

Could this kid develop into a CHF we are looking for? …….. can run, a big tank, good below the knees, sticky hands!
We could definitely use him as a key forward (like Hale) who pinch hits in the ruck. Struggled in the ruck tonight but his work forward and at ground level is very good for a 200cm plus player. Loved his collect at speed and snap on the right for a goal!

Could this kid develop into a CHF we are looking for? …….. can run, a big tank, good below the knees, sticky hands!
We need a giant in the forward half who can run and be agile which Ned is not resting forward, this is why this kid is such a key to our future. Don't get me wrong we need other areas such as midfield to get right but a big key ruck/forward with class and mobility helps more than anything. This kid could be the key.

We need a giant in the forward half who can run and be agile which Ned is not resting forward, this is why this kid is such a key to our future. Don't get me wrong we need other areas such as midfield to get right but a big key ruck/forward with class and mobility helps more than anything. This kid could be the key.
I think he'll be a forward/ruck and love that we have Hale to coach him.

Also liked that he could go back and take intercept marks in defence

Hopefully we pump some games into him next year. At least to give him a taste.

Think he's still a couple of years in the gym away from being a consistent contributor but his athleticism and skill is a rare combination.

Does anyone know his contact status? With him being picked up in the MSD I’m pretty sure he was only signed for this season so I’m assuming we’ll have to work an extension? Does anyone know how these things work with guys that have come in mid season? Is he now OOC?

Does anyone know his contact status? With him being picked up in the MSD I’m pretty sure he was only signed for this season so I’m assuming we’ll have to work an extension? Does anyone know how these things work with guys that have come in mid season? Is he now OOC?
Quite certain he got 18 months.

Pretty much all the hyped mid-season draftees e.g. Culley, Dawsom, Rama etc nominated 18month terms. Others like blanck obviously did because we said we would 100% take him

View attachment 1493532
Source. AFL.com.au
Thanks peeps. This kid is most definitely a talent we want to have locked down and because he’s a long term project the lower the $$$ the better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have only seen him play about 2 BHH games so far but from what I've seen I'm really excited about what he could do for the forward line in the senior team. He looks pretty good at ground level and I don't even mean "for a ruck". He's a great mark too with a strong leap. Taking it at full stretch and with the first touch. Good goal sense and comfortable taking shots from general play (a lot of rucks seem to want to handball off in these situations).

With the skillset he has he'll be a tricky match up for opposition defenders. If he runs the right patterns then he'll drag away a KPD and that will really make life easier for Lewis and Gunston/Kosi who should then enjoy 1 on 1 match ups or even a mismatch.

Have only seen him play about 2 BHH games so far but from what I've seen I'm really excited about what he could do for the forward line in the senior team. He looks pretty good at ground level and I don't even mean "for a ruck". He's a great mark too with a strong leap. Taking it at full stretch and with the first touch. Good goal sense and comfortable taking shots from general play (a lot of rucks seem to want to handball off in these situations).

With the skillset he has he'll be a tricky match up for opposition defenders. If he runs the right patterns then he'll drag away a KPD and that will really make life easier for Lewis and Gunston/Kosi who should then enjoy 1 on 1 match ups or even a mismatch.
Someone mentioned the Big Fish the other day in a thread...has me dreaming

Very Luke Jackson-esque, isn’t he?!

His challenge will be putting on enough size to compete against ruckman with 20kg on him. His mobility at ground level though will see him get games earlier, I think.

Bold using a positive reference to Everitt.

Guess it shows how few decent ruckmen we have ever had.
Do you mean 3x AA and Hawks B&F winner Spida Everitt? Why would it be bold to talk about him positively?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back