Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Chad Wingard. 200 games! Signed to the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Best game from him for the season I'd say. Still should have kicked that snap in the 4th quarter to put us 2 and a half goals up though.
At the ground I was thinking it's close to his best game for Hawthorn - had he kicked that snap goal we win. Let's hope he is hitting a rich vein of form we need him to.

Chad Wingard​

“Due to an interrupted pre-season, Chad was never able to fully hit his straps and showcase his full football capacity. While he still showed flashes of brilliance, his impact was lessened by his body's inability to get back to full health and his year was ended prematurely. Having done a good rehab block and nearing full health now, Chad should have no restrictions over the break and will hopefully be able to have a great summer to set him up for a good year after that.” David Hale.

I am eagerly anticipating a big year from Chad. As we've come to expect over his time at the club, we should not get too excited, but this year feels different, in my opinion. Let's hope that he can have one last elite season where he kicks 40 or more goals, and of course, the cherry on top would be him getting through a season without injury. Of course, this all depends on the midfield being able to give him an ample amount of quality supply and whether his body can hold up, but we've got the best-kicking midfield we've had in several years. I also suspect he's in the best physical shape that he has been since arriving at the club. Let's hope this is the year of "The Chad."

Agree with all of the above, at his peak Wingard really was one of the best players in the competition. Dynamic, fast, deadly in front of goal, could win matches off his own boot. He was a well deserved AA as well I think. If he can get back to this, probably becomes our second best player behind Sicily as it stands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hunger index will be high hunting that new contract, If Chad is ever going to have a ripper season at is this will likely be the season.
To me it really sounds like Chad is more primed than he ever has been with us given the lack of injury and amount of preseason he's completed.

A fully fit Chad is (theoretically) a consistent Chad and I'm very keen for that potential!

Hunger index will be high hunting that new contract, If Chad is ever going to have a ripper season at is this will likely be the season.

To me it really sounds like Chad is more primed than he ever has been with us given the lack of injury and amount of preseason he's completed.

A fully fit Chad is (theoretically) a consistent Chad and I'm very keen for that potential!
Burge has managed him really well in pre season pulling him up to do some running earlier on in the pre season so he doesnt over fatigue. He is primed hopefully to complete a full pre season

I know it is likely not on the cards but I would love more midfield minutes for Chad this year. Has played some bloody good footy for us there.
I agree Ned. It's just that we desperately need an X Factor player in the fwd line. Gee he's a ripper in the middle when fully fit. Maybe he will play 25% in the guts. I have no idea but it's a possibility.... 👍

Sam says he was likely just rested with cramp as the game was done, but we still get to watch this goal of the year contender over and over even if they do rest him this week.

And we get to vote for it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back