Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Chad Wingard. 200 games! Signed to the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty bloody happy. Losing Burto's a huge bummer, love the kid, he's got amazing potential, but to get a proven matchwinner in his prime, you have to give something of great value up.

Great trade period, anything more to come?
Totally Agree.

You want as many match winners as you can, and Chad is that.

Unlike Scully he doesn’t have injury concerns so comes at a premium.

If I was Port, I would have asked for 2 first rounders, or a first and an elite junior/proven best 22, so seems fair.

Totally Agree.
You want as many match winners as you can, and Chad is that. Unlike Scully he fiend have injury concerns so comes at a premium.
If I was Port, I would have asked for 2 first rounders, or a first and elite junior/proven best 22.
Yep, the moral of this trading tale is that you don't get guns for peanuts...

I reckon the SA clubs must HATE us, not only do we seem to raid their best players and turn them into flag winners, we've had a habit of ending their seasons since 2007....

THE CHAD!

Welcome to the club, hope to see more of this for us next year!

I feel completely differently about this passage of play all of a sudden.

Yep, the moral of this trading tale is that you don't get guns for peanuts...
Right. I think it comes back to the purpose.

We are in the business of winnings flags, so we are prepared to lose some battles to win the war.

And to win the war we need match winners (no pressure Chad!)

Right. I think it comes back to the purpose.

We are in the business of winnings flags, so we are prepared to lose some battles to win the war.

And to win the war we need match winners (no pressure Chad!)
I think Burto could possibly be a matchwinner, but we just don't know...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately, I have issues with Chad at the hawks and paying overs for a guy who would have been a FA next year.

My feelings are shattered to lose Burton, it will take a lot for me to warm for the Chad.

Many folks rate Wingard - how do I welcome a player I was hoping the hawks would avoid.

Many would know there are players you don't warm yourself to and hope things may change one day.

Unfortunately you just have to "Suck it up Princess"!

Sounds like I might be in the minority around these parts in regard to Wingard. Personally I think he is highly overrated and lazy, only held up by his reputation among the deluded media commentators

He is going to have to do extraordinary things on a regular basis to be able to sway my opinion, especially since one of best young players was used to get him here

Sounds like I might be in the minority around these parts in regard to Wingard. Personally I think he is highly overrated and lazy, only held up by his reputation among the deluded media commentators

He is going to have to do extraordinary things on a regular basis to be able to sway my opinion, especially since one of best young players was used to get him here
Another one for the negative nancy 'suck it up princess' pile....

This guy is a star who can do just about anything on the footy field. His talents and natural instincts were curbed in recent years by our negative coaching staff but give him the chance to shine and he's a human highlight reel. Put it this way, there's a reason 90% of guernseys at Port games have #20 on the back. Please look after him for us and enjoy the ride.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back