Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Chad Wingard. 200 games! Signed to the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Chad Wingard, you're a star and i'm excited to watch you tear it up on the 'G

THE TRADE: effectively the pick swaps next year make the trade more like Wingard for Burton pick 15 and pick 45-50 approximately.

BRING BACK TUCKY'S LONG SLEEVE JUMPER!

Can't wait to see the Chad light up the G. 2 proven Elite talent in Chad and Scully and 1 potential Elite talent in Scrimshaw. 1 traded potential Elite talent in Burton. With the draft still to come. Exciting times to be a hawk fan. Kudos to GW and Clarko delivering on their word thus far with bringing Elite talent.

This guy is a star who can do just about anything on the footy field. His talents and natural instincts were curbed in recent years by our negative coaching staff but give him the chance to shine and he's a human highlight reel. Put it this way, there's a reason 90% of guernseys at Port games have #20 on the back. Please look after him for us and enjoy the ride.
Classy post. As well as being one of the most marketable players in the comp Wingard is durable and regularly wins games off his own boot. Half his career highlights are from finals and showdowns- he loves the big stage.
A massive, massive acquisition

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately, I have issues with Chad at the hawks and paying overs for a guy who would have been a FA next year.

My feelings are shattered to lose Burton, it will take a lot for me to warm for the Chad.

Many folks rate Wingard - how do I welcome a player I was hoping the hawks would avoid.

Many would know there are players you don't warm yourself to and hope things may change one day.
Pay overs for one future free agent allows us to be more attractive to future free agents. Then we get our bargain.

Unfortunately, I have issues with Chad at the hawks and paying overs for a guy who would have been a FA next year.

My feelings are shattered to lose Burton, it will take a lot for me to warm for the Chad.

Many folks rate Wingard - how do I welcome a player I was hoping the hawks would avoid.

Many would know there are players you don't warm yourself to and hope things may change one day.

This is how I rate players:

1. Player in a Hawks Jumper: brilliant, one of the greats
2. Player in any other jumper: meh, who is he?

Once Wingard is in his Brown & Gold armour, he will be one of the greats!

This guy is a star who can do just about anything on the footy field. His talents and natural instincts were curbed in recent years by our negative coaching staff but give him the chance to shine and he's a human highlight reel. Put it this way, there's a reason 90% of guernseys at Port games have #20 on the back. Please look after him for us and enjoy the ride.
Hopefully we will look after him the same way we have looked after Burgers, by making him a Premiership player.

A month ago I was hping the Chad rumours were bunk, because I have always thought him a grade A nob.

But I've warmed to it more and more and now I am so ******* chuffed!

This is such a an awesome signing.

I think he'll thrive under Clarkson and the way you guys play the game.

So damn sad to see him go and know I'll hate seeing him playing for you guys but I wish him nothing but the absolute best and I think you guys will get to see that.

Freakish what he can do.

Enjoy him as much as we did, until we went all 18 man Hinkleyball defense.

An excellent player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back