Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Chad Wingard. 200 games! Signed to the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't wait to see what he can do in our midfield with Worpel, Jaeger and Mitchell.
He is the class and X factor we need in there. Got the grunt. If Finn and/or jones come on this year our midfield will be a real strength.

Last edited:
He is the class and X factor we need in their. Got the grunt. If Finn and/or jones come on this year our midfield will be a real strength.

Exactly. It will be fantastic with Titch coming back and Worps continuing his growth, if Finn or Jones can join them in there. It means Chad and Jaeger can spread forward of centre and use some of their spark in more damaging ways.

Jaeger did a fantastic job in taking the hits in the centre for us last year, but I would much rather him doing more receiving the ball and powering away into goal. Goals from the midfield are important and they're both guys who can pile them on.

He is the class and X factor we need in there. Got the grunt. If Finn and/or jones come on this year our midfield will be a real strength.
Agree our centre square depth is starting to improve... Mitchell, O'Meara, Worps, Wingard, Shiels, Burgoyne, Howe, Cousins, Maginness, Jones...

Agree our centre square depth is starting to improve... Mitchell, O'Meara, Worps, Wingard, Shiels, Burgoyne, Howe, Cousins, Maginness, Jones...
The first five I’ll give you as legitimate AFL mids.............

The first five I’ll give you as legitimate AFL mids.............
Burgoyne isn't a legitimate AFL mid??
Not for a full game, no
Hasn't been a mid since 2008.
Fortunately, you can't play 5x full time mids for a full game, so I guess some gonna have to rotate.
Burgoyne, anyone?

He is such a damaging player at near his best. Tore us apart on more than one occasion. Hopefully 70% mid time and 30% forward. He is a different dynamic to our other mids too, which is important. Still remember him charging off half back in the 2014 prelim. Almost won them the game in a 10 minute burst

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jaeger did a fantastic job in taking the hits in the centre for us last year, but I would much rather him doing more receiving the ball and powering away into goal. Goals from the midfield are important and they're both guys who can pile them on.
Yeah it's put down your glasses time when Jaeger strolls into goal. He is deadly on the run

Chads exit wasnt the smoothest when he left us, hes probably really enjoying feeling appreciated but it mightve been the perfect reality check he needed. We were too soft on him because of his incredible natural talent and then blindsided him by willing to trade him instead of working through whatever needed be. It was a complete lack of communication and player management on ports behalf. Thankfully we got a trade return im more than happy with. However, it certainly is hard seeing a fan favourite run around in different colours.

Jeez... know that feeling... and we only get some BS "compensation" equivalent to a bag of potato chips.

Jeez it's great to see how much the fans are starting to get around Chad, has had a rough start but can't question his commitment and his comments about wanting to prove himself to club and fans is great to hear. He is already becoming a crowd favourite and that is before he shows us just how special of a player he is.

The season needs to hurry up and start so i can see Chad strutting around the MCG like he owns it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back