Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn - Mabior Chol

Remove this Banner Ad

“HAWTHORN key forward Mitch Lewis is nearing a return to full fitness after missing the end of last season, but his new partner in attack Mabior Chol won't join the main group at Waverley Park until after Christmas.

Chol was traded from Gold Coast to the Hawks late on deadline day, in a deal that also netted pick No.62 but cost a future second-round pick to secure the key forward.

The 26-year-old started training with Sam Mitchell's squad last week but is confined to a modified program this side of January due to a knee injury he sustained in the Suns' VFL Grand Final win over Werribee in September. “

I will back Burge and our medical team to devise a preseason program to get the best out of our players for a long and arduous season. This will differ for some players depending on what their bodies can take at this stage of their development and whether they have an injury history like CJ.
I have a lot of confidence in Burge.

I will back Burge and our medical team to devise a preseason program to get the best out of our players for a long and arduous season. This will differ for some players depending on what their bodies can take at this stage of their development and whether they have an injury history like CJ.
I have a lot of confidence in Burge.
Yeah it’s not ideal but it’s fine, if he’s still struggling mid January then it might be a little concerning.

Like to see Chol play as the second ruck and push forward in the Hale role.

I wonder if he will be with the forwards or the rucks/midfielders over summer once he returns from injury.

Like to see Chol play as the second ruck and push forward in the Hale role.

I wonder if he will be with the forwards or the rucks/midfielders over summer once he returns from injury.
Pretty sure I read or heard maybe his manager say he'll be playing as the deeper tall fwd with mitch Lewis pushing up higher.. so I'd say with the fwds

Pretty sure I read or heard maybe his manager say he'll be playing as the deeper tall fwd with mitch Lewis pushing up higher.. so I'd say with the fwds
Yeh, I think Lewis is more suited to CHF with Chol at FF. Lewis can get up and down the ground better.

1701653835879.png
"I am self-aware of the lack of consistency I have had in the past and that’s something that I really want to improve on,” he told the Herald Sun.
"I want to go out there with every game knowing that I will be in the game for 120 minutes.
That’s something that Sammy and I have been speaking really closely about."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone post the article in full archive never works for me.
I don’t think we are allowed to post full article
I aint tech savvy but it’s quite easy to get around the paywall.
Copy the url
Open new tab archive.vn
Paste it & hit ‘save’

Story should come up

Yeah it’s not ideal but it’s fine, if he’s still struggling mid January then it might be a little concerning.

Even if Chol is back in April or May, he will have plenty of time to be cherry ripe for finals.
;)

Almost as much as Essendon is paying McKay next year alone
And I remember seeing a few journalist takes about how much of a good move it was from a list management point of view.

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn - Mabior Chol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back