Analysis Well, who would have thought? Pies defeat Giants by 32 points!

Remove this Banner Ad

That post was so pathetic and cringe-worthy it didn't even warrant a response.

Yeah but like you I can't bite my tongue especially when people bag out Shaw.

"That smother" will forever stay with me no matter what he does in the future.

Was Shaw in GWS best? No. Caffs done his job right there.

Not everybody has to be Scott Pendlebury.

Great coaching move by Nathan Buckley.

I don't expect Caff to be like Pendlebury, what I do expect is him to not let his opponent get more than double the touches he gets and it would be nice if he had the some agility.

It is more a clinic than a hospital but it is Dutch run and the surgeon is foreign and the cost is only about $US500 which is cheaper than I would pay in a public hospital in Bangkok let alone private. I don't have private cover back home so could wait forever for surgery and not be able to comfortably travel But yes I agree 100% particularly in Cambodia. Just need to set aside a couple of weeks recovery time which means a visa extension for Cambodia. I was in the process of heading back into Thailand when I chanced upon the clinic here.
Sounds fine - rest up. Battambang is a pretty cruisy place to be.

I missed a win for the ages. Looks like I picked the wrong week to be sunning myself on the Greek islands...

Still, it's awesome to log in and read all the good vibes.:thumbsu::rainbow:

As for the Caff, how nice for him to grab today's opportunity with both hands, and for the the selection committee to get it so right.
I am really happy for Caff too - kicked a ripper of a goal!

I don't expect Caff to be like Pendlebury, what I do expect is him to not let his opponent get more than double the touches he gets and it would be nice if he had the some agility.

What impact did Shaw (the best half back back in the AFL) have on the game?

None.

Caff has had 2 knee recos and was never the most agile, nor was he ever a high possesion winner. If you can't see that he played a pivotal role yesterday than I have NFI what you're looking for. Caff will get Copeland votes, no doubt about it.

I just watched the highlights on the CFC website.
It's obvious how incomplete our team is without Adams and Fasolo. I don't care what anyone says but their injuries have impacted our team's performance big time.
Great to see White play with more confidence too. And Howe just keeps getting better and better.
Howe and Reid are the makings of an excellent back line.

Howe and Reid are the makings of an excellent back line.
I have just watched the game and agree. Howe is fantastic. I cannot understand why he was not a star at Melbourne rather than just one grab wonder. Sinclair was terrific in the backline with his run and intercepts - must say I had little time for him as a player but he is determined to prove his worth. Some really slick play from the boys in the 2nd and 3rd quarter in particular. Can't believe how well Jesse was marking the ball! Cox is not going to return to the side in a hurry with White, Cloke and Moore playing good football. Grundy seemed to do at least 90% of the ruck work - in fact I cannot recall another Collingwood ruckman contesting the center bounces.

Just watched the replay. Disconcerting to see Maxy in GWS colours, on their bench, near the end of the second term. A bitter-sweet feeling. I get it - it's his job, and fair enough. The brief glimpse of him showed he had on his best poker face, but I bet he was smiling inside.

I have just watched the game and agree. Howe is fantastic. I cannot understand why he was not a star at Melbourne rather than just one grab wonder. Sinclair was terrific in the backline with his run and intercepts - must say I had little time for him as a player but he is determined to prove his worth. Some really slick play from the boys in the 2nd and 3rd quarter in particular. Can't believe how well Jesse was marking the ball! Cox is not going to return to the side in a hurry with White, Cloke and Moore playing good football. Grundy seemed to do at least 90% of the ruck work - in fact I cannot recall another Collingwood ruckman contesting the center bounces.
Grundy is really developing now. I am a fan of Cox, but agree that he will have to bide his time.

Just watched the replay. Disconcerting to see Maxy in GWS colours, on their bench, near the end of the second term. A bitter-sweet feeling. I get it - it's his job, and fair enough. The brief glimpse of him showed he had on his best poker face, but I bet he was smiling inside.
I had an opportunity to speak with him a couple of weeks ago and can you assure we are where his heart lies.
He confirmed he talks to players, (not tactics, just their personal game).
He also said he will be back.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expect with time he'll return to the club, very much seems a Collingwood man when you here him speak on tv or SEN. Outside exposure via his roles with GWS and the Storm will benefit us down the track.

It's great Maxy is developing outside the Collingwood bubble, if he comes back to us the outside experience is invaluable

I expect people discussing football to know what "playing a role" means.

Flew up to Sydney to see some mates/watch the match, unreal scenes!

Initially I thought it was a good chance for day time beers, and had no expectations whatsoever, however I was shocked by the crowd (felt like a mini Pies home game) and the level at which we played at! The crowd was going nuts every time Clokey got near the pill. One of the better experiences I've had at the footy.

What the hell are you talking about?

Serious question, did you read my post?
Seriously mate, you are negative, you must know this? I don't know why you act surprised every time someone calls you out for it. It's like groundhog day week, every week after the game you post something negative, then someone calls you out and then you act like it's the first time it's ever happened.

Seriously mate, you are negative, you must know this? I don't know why you act surprised every time someone calls you out for it. It's like groundhog day week, every week after the game you post something negative, then someone calls you out and then you act like it's the first time it's ever happened.

This kind of confirmation bias works both ways. In the same way posters like sr36 will only see the negative of my post, much like you did.

Yet all of you seemed to ignore my post on the very first page of the thread. So you all only see what you want to see. I call as I see it and always have. The fact that most choose to spin that as negative is up to them. We're a bottom 8 side and have been for 2 or 3 years. So anyone choosing to be consistently "positive" in that scenario is obviously LOOKING for positives instead of being realistic.

I'm not seeking out negatives, they're currently there.

You mean by reading the words you typed?

None of it is a lie. It's interpretation champ.

You see it in this very thread. Some see Macaffer as playing a good game, others don't. So who is right? Are those who didn't see his game as anything special being negative? Who makes the call on that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back