AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Wtf. That's not the point. If you didn't get Darling, you would have drafted someone else with your PRIORITY PICK.

Jesus Christ. One brain cell between all your WC supporters.

You forgot to mention we only got that PP after we finished last and only received pick 4 after the AFL gifted GC the first 3 picks in the draft. It was more like compo for getting shafted than a PP.

I see what you did there. Very funny.

"What's with these whinging north supporters in here"

then posts

"My post has no association with nm"

That's gold.
You seem to be struggling and now resorting to editing my post 🤣.

Supporters and clubs are not the same entity.

Again, read it properly.

Keep trying sweet heart.

What's your point? Just because the order was like doesn't mean WC would have picked Harper...you realise each club have their own recruitment teams with different boards?

Are WC supporters 12 years old or something..
Nah mate we just don't have any respect for clubs that bludge of the AFL...

Guess there's not much else to do in Perth..

Good luck with Harley for the 2024 before he requests a trade to Collingwood in October 🤣

Xx
Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

What's with these whinging north supporters in here about a thread for the eagles?. Talk about being utterly ******* offended. Jesus Christ.

Obviously they are at the anger stage of grief and in their minds right now the Eagles are the root of their problem.

They'II move on once they get all the new shinny draftees to sooth their tempered expectations.

Entertaining no less.

The chase for Curtin with our F1st will make gripping viewing.

Will North split 2 or 3 and try and land Curtin with a later pick?

Who will we take with our 2nd at 29ish.?

Dream draft hand. 1. Reid, 8. Curtin, 29. Moir, 42. Cooper Simpson / Goad 58. Freijah

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you will find the plan will be to go very hard in free agency to replace some of those top players in the 9 with the idea we can phase a few out with players we already have like Ryan Maric (seriously underrated), Rhett Bazzo, Harry Edwards (will come on this year now club has discovered causes of his groin issues), Coby Bugriel and Harry Barnett

Our rebuild will be more Port Adelaide and less North Melbourne. Port rebuilt around quality not quantity and heavily within free agency and trading. Eagles will go a similar path.
Quality not quantity, yet you're naming a bunch of non 1st round picks as replacements for your aging stalwarts. Plus your trade/FA period picked up some barely best 22 players at other clubs like Brockman and Flynn.

I think you're wildly overestimating your current list if you think you're going to follow the Port rebuild path.

Quality not quantity, yet you're naming a bunch of non 1st round picks as replacements for your aging stalwarts.

A lot of those 'aging' stalwarts weren't first rounders to begin with.

If you can identify and develop talent properly, you don't need a heap of first rounders.
Thought that might be fairly obvious, considering how many North already have on their list...

A lot of those 'aging' stalwarts weren't first rounders to begin with.

If you can identify and develop talent properly, you don't need a heap of first rounders.
Thought that might be fairly obvious, considering how many North already have on their list...
Obviously development is key, but you can't with a straight face list names like Maric, Edwards, Bugriel (lol), Bazzo and Barnett as an argument that you've got "quality" on the list.

Every one of those players is speculative at best.

Obviously development is key, but you can't with a straight face list names like Maric, Edwards, Bugriel (lol), Bazzo and Barnett as an argument that you've got "quality" on the list.

Every one of those players is speculative at best.
Every player is speculative.

What's your point?

Every player is speculative.

What's your point?
Did you read the original post I was quoting? It argued that WCE were going for a quality over quantity rebuild, then listed a number of speculative late round or MSD players, which is the absolute opposite mentality.

Kinda weird to quote someone's post without actually figuring out the context.

Did you read the original post I was quoting? It argued that WCE were going for a quality over quantity rebuild, then listed a number of speculative late round or MSD players, which is the absolute opposite mentality.

Kinda weird to quote someone's post without actually figuring out the context.
Did you miss the second half of that statement in regards to free agency and trading?

Did you miss the second half of that statement in regards to free agency and trading?
Plus your trade/FA period picked up some barely best 22 players at other clubs like Brockman and Flynn.
It's weird that I have to quote myself, but yeah your FA and trading so far hasn't screamed prioritizing high quality additions.

It's weird that I have to quote myself, but yeah your FA and trading so far hasn't screamed prioritizing high quality additions.

What exactly would you have West Coast do? Christian Petracca ain't coming here and if we gave up pick 1 for a mature star (eg Chad Warner) we'd be accused of sabotaging our own rebuild.

Let me guess - 'hey gaiz, split pick 1 for North's 15, 17 and 18 so you have loads of first rounders to help speed up the rebuild'

And?

We're on the bottom of the ladder with the intention to build through the draft.

All you need for that to happen is to nail your picks and develop them properly.

Pick 1s have gotten as many AA's as pick 40s, for instance. It's just that higher draft picks tend to have a much higher chance of being decent but there's no guarantee they'll become A-graders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back