Autopsy West Coast v North: Umpiring megathread "how the west was won"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Richmond had been god enough to finish top 4, the Cunners thing wouldn't have mattered as they'd have got a double chance.

If we'd been god enough to guarantee home finals, none of the umpiring on the weekend would have mattered.

That is all there is to it.

Nope. We all agree with you it was the incorrect decision. Sorry to hear you're still suffering... that is unfortunate.

What's going on here is anger toward the sheer volume of mistakes.
Im not suffering at all. Im just saying that you had a lucky decision against us and you had bad luck on saturday night...your reading more into this than necessary to prove a point that you have made up.
Chin up champ :thumbsu:

Long time lurker but I had to post on this topic.
The treatment of Fremantle & North Melbourne by the umpires was an utter disgrace.
I'm starting seriously think corruption & match fixing might exist in the AFL.
I believe once prelim final week was announced the AFL had pencilled in a Hawks vs. Eagles grand final ahead of time.
They helped Hawthorn into the granny with some dubious frees and ruined Freo's momentum.
Great feel good story about ''3 peats'' will sell papers and make the AFL more $$
Now as a North member who travelled over to Perth from NSW to see the match.
I felt ripped off and disgusted as did the people I travelled with.

- We were having a great first qtr, all over them admittedly missed some set shots but still had the game on our terms.
- 2nd qtr rolls around and umpires gift shuey the softest of free kicks in the goal square. Much like the soft as butter free against Ballantyne.
- Then umps pull another soft free for Kennedy, two goal swing and momentum back with WCE.
- Waite outmuscles and takes a good contested mark, free against for blocking!? WTF leads to WCE goal up the other end.
- Gibson takes mark in defensive 50, play on leads to Priddis goal...
- Turner pass to Waite in fwd 50, Not 15 play on....
- Swallow gets his head ripped off while standing the mark, play on boys :drunk:
- Game well and truly in the balance, umps pick up a free kick to Darling for absolutely nothing.
- 4th qtr game still on the line if we got a good start, Jacobs has a chance to score close to goal. Gets legged no free! THEN GETS PINGED FOR HTB...
- Then these maggots have the audacity to even up with nothing frees to North in the dying moments to save face.

Make no mistake, this was a manufactured result by the AFL to get the grand final that would make them the most money.
North getting into the GF would have been a disaster for the AFL and they got the memo out to the umps post game.
Gets even more iffy when you have a WA West Coasting supporting umpire with family ties to WCE umpiring a prelim.
I believe the AFL also had an obligation to their major partner Virgin Airlines.
Who would stand to make a lot of money from overpriced flights to Melbourne by WCE supporters.
Not to mention bets of up to $100,000+ were placed on WCE which makes you wonder about a criminal element.

This is a farce and has really ruined what should have been a close finish and a classic prelim.
I'll be boycotting the Grand Final next week, couldn't give a toss about it feels cheap now....

Im not suffering at all. Im just saying that you had a lucky decision against us and you had bad luck on saturday night...your reading more into this than necessary to prove a point that you have made up.
Chin up champ :thumbsu:

decision vs decisions. That's all I was saying. Sorry if you feel I'm making something up ???

The better team won on both occasions.

upload_2015-9-28_11-48-9.png

177383_60920b6de071ca9f480e279fd1231be6.jpg

BOG for West Coast

The treatment of Fremantle & North Melbourne by the umpires was an utter disgrace.
I believe once prelim final week was announced the AFL had pencilled in a Hawks vs. Eagles grand final ahead of time.
They helped Hawthorn into the granny with some dubious frees and ruined Freo's momentum.
Great feel good story about ''3 peats'' will sell papers and make the AFL more $$

- We were having a great first qtr, all over them admittedly missed some set shots but still had the game on our terms.
- 2nd qtr rolls around and umpires gift shuey the softest of free kicks in the goal square. Much like the soft as butter free against Ballantyne.
- Then umps pull another soft free for Kennedy, two goal swing and momentum back with WCE.
- Waite outmuscles and takes a good contested mark, free against for blocking!? WTF leads to WCE goal up the other end.
- Swallow gets his head ripped off while standing the mark, play on boys :drunk:
- Game well and truly in the balance, umps pick up a free kick to Darling for absolutely nothing.
- 4th qtr game still on the line if we got a good start, Jacobs has a chance to score close to goal. Gets legged no free! THEN GETS PINGED FOR HTB...
- Then these maggots have the audacity to even up with nothing frees to North in the dying moments to save face.

Make no mistake, this was a manufactured result by the AFL to get the grand final that would make them the most money.
North getting into the GF would have been a disaster for the AFL and they got the memo out to the umps post game.
Gets even more iffy when you have a WA West Coasting supporting umpire with family ties to WCE umpiring a prelim.
I believe the AFL also had an obligation to their major partner Virgin Airlines.
Who would stand to make a lot of money from overpriced flights to Melbourne by WCE supporters.
Not to mention bets of up to $100,000+ were placed on WCE which makes you wonder about a criminal element.

This is a farce and has really ruined what should have been a close finish and a classic prelim.
I'll be boycotting the Grand Final next week, couldn't give a toss about it feels cheap now....
You missed the part about us having 30 scoring shots to 20. Still, quite a spectacular meltdown for a first post - so kudos for that.

h0SzeyI.gif

This was a non free, if we had done that to a WCE player he probably would have gotten free kick and 2x 50m penalties.
Maybe a blowjob from the umps while they were at it?
And to rub salt into the wounds even more, Jacobs was deemed holding the ball for this?
Infuriating to say the least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You should have stayed as a lurker. What a load of sour grape bollocks.

You missed the part about us having 30 scoring shots to 20. Still, quite a spectacular meltdown for a first post - so kudos for that.

Yeah you had a lot of pot shots at goal once the umps gifted you momentum.
Our players were flat as a tack after we realised these umps were crucifying us.
Makes players start to second guess themselves and go into their shell.

Imagine if we had got that run with the umps.
You guys would be baying for blood.
Rose colored glasses from WCE supporters.
Every neutral knows you got a dream run with the umps.

I love how everyone bitching about the umpires loves to use the word "momentum" like its a gauranteed game winner for them. I assume that momentum guarantees every kick would suddenly hit its target, every mark would be taken, every shot for goal would go straight through, unlike the previous efforts by North on the night that resulted in them getting substantially outplayed and out scored? ;)
Seriously, there were just as many frees missed for both sides in the game and it had nothing to do with the result. North were great, but just couldn't get the job done. End of story.

I love how everyone bitching about the umpires loves to use the word "momentum" like its a gauranteed game winner for them. I assume that momentum guarantees every kick would suddenly hit its target, every mark would be taken, every shot for goal would go straight through, unlike the previous efforts by North on the night that resulted in them getting substantially outplayed and out scored? ;)
Seriously, there were just as many frees missed for both sides in the game and it had nothing to do with the result. North were great, but just couldn't get the job done. End of story.

Margin was 25pts

Take out the soft Shuey free in the goal square = 1 goal
Kennedy soft free = 1 goal
Darling free out of umpires arse = 1 goal
Take out the non waite mark - which lead to an Eagles goal = 1 goal

Cost us 1 goal to Jacobs very close to goal for a trip.

Fair to say the contest could have ended much closer.
Had the potential for a classic and gone down to the wire.
Eagles may have still won or maybe North will but we will never know now...

Margin was 25pts

Take out the soft Shuey free in the goal square = 1 goal
Kennedy soft free = 1 goal
Darling free out of umpires arse = 1 goal
Take out the non waite mark - which lead to an Eagles goal = 1 goal

Cost us 1 goal to Jacobs very close to goal for a trip.

Fair to say the contest could have ended much closer.
Had the potential for a classic and gone down to the wire.
Eagles may have still won or maybe North will but we will never know now...

Nice you don't mention all the saddles your guys put on our players with no "in the back" frees given to us in the first quarter, the scragging on Kennedy, Shuey & Gaff that wasn't paid, the high fend off into Shueys face that wasn't paid etc.
You had four quarters to change momentum, you couldn't, you lost. Your players were brave but not good enough in the end, your coach recognises it, bout time the supporters did too, because the constant whinging in this thread is just getting pathetic now.

My o_O is refering to your comment about Richmond having 70K members and still being small?
Please explain?
Or actually dw. I dont really care about your opinion TBH

Small minds, small obsessions, low horizons.

HAHAHHA HAVE A CRY MATE!!!
Straight out of the scott book.

Maybe you should look at your clubs losing culture, in the meantime.. Feel free to practice your golf.

So glad north didn't make it.

Exactly
I will admit that the umpiring is generous at Subiaco, and we do very well from it. But that is an issue for the AFL to look into, not our club.

Happens for every club at thier home ground when they have a larger supporter base than the other club they're playing. We've been dealing with it for 30 years when we play away but it's apparently only an issue when it happens at our home ground. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back