Autopsy West Coast v North: Umpiring megathread "how the west was won"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logged in this morning to check if the Eagles are still in the Grand Final or if the prelim against North is being replayed.

It should get replayed, the petition that a North fan has done has got over 2000 signatures!!!

Did he mention the Darling 'hold' when Le Cras was run down?
I wasn't at the breakfast so can't comment on those but the reports I've heard is that Campbell was disgusted with the umpiring.

Heard the afl are still filthy north didnt go to gold coast so have put in place a number of measures to ensure they arent successful. There was a memo to the umps going into this one.

Amidointhisright???????????

I find it hilarious that Roos fans are crying about the umpires after the Cunnington holding the ball decision in the first final.
Karma IMO.

I could go back to the game day thread and screen shot all the neutrals saying Richmond were getting an armchair ride from the Umps. Karma my arse. We kick straight and you lose by plenty.

I could go back to the game day thread and screen shot all the neutrals saying Richmond were getting an armchair ride from the Umps. Karma my arse. We kick straight and you lose by plenty.
Where did I mention that you wouldnt of if you kicked straight?
Im just saying that we got robbed of a obvious free kick which was massive at that point of the game.
Its ok buddy......its O.K.

The best way to avoid hometown umpiring decisions is to not drop games to Collingwood when you're six goals up at half time, or games to Gold Coast, and get home finals.

You could say the same for the weekend. WCE 10.20 With the usually reliable Lecras & Cripps kicking 7 behinds and Kennedy adding 3 more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best way to avoid hometown umpiring decisions is to not drop games to Collingwood when you're six goals up at half time, or games to Gold Coast, and get home finals.
Agree 100% and should kick goals not points.

But that doesn't excuse the putrid umpiring on Saturday night.

Perhaps it is time that each state has umpires so we always get neural upm's. we are sick of the low standard by the inbred vics managed by a long list of failed AFL wanna bees

Perhaps it is time that each state has umpires so we always get neural upm's. we are sick of the low standard by the inbred vics managed by a long list of failed AFL wanna bees

I have ALWAYS been of the view that umpiring doesn't decide games. It can influence but ultimately your destiny is in your own hands.

The worst umpired game I ever saw was Geelong v North in the 94 prelim.

IT was like 32 - 14 frees their way. And we lost by a kick.

But the reality is we also kicked very poorly, we should have won by kicking goals.

Sooking about umpiring is for Richmond supporters.

Yes he is.
Does he show up in a Hannibal Lecter-style harness to keep him from shagging/headbutting everything?

By the way is there a 5 year reunion for when you were even more s**t than Richmond and Melbourne and couldn't win more than 4 games?
Is this meant to concern me?

We can put WC's record in the AFL era up against North's any time you like. I'm perfectly comfortable with that comparison.

Wayne Campbell has stated at a Brownlow breakfast this morning that the Shuey high contact and the Jacobs trip decisions were wrong.

If the AFL umpire boss can admit they were wrong I wonder if some of the numpty west coast supporters will admit they're wrong in defending these decisions.
If North supporters whinge for long enough, I wonder if they might get a few more pats on the head for being 'brave'.

I find it hilarious that Roos fans are crying about the umpires after the Cunnington holding the ball decision in the first final.
Karma IMO.

Nope. We all agree with you it was the incorrect decision. Sorry to hear you're still suffering... that is unfortunate.

What's going on here is anger toward the sheer volume of mistakes.

If North supporters whinge for long enough, I wonder if they might get a few more pats on the head for being 'brave'.

Is it a whinge if it's legitimate?

Good luck this weekend.

Yes, when the significance has been exaggerated so disproportionately.

At least you acknowledge it's legitimate.

I guess the exaggeration will differ from poster to poster and is a matter of opinion to how disproportionate it is - who cares on that count really?

Victorian clubs travel once a year to Perth and get upset that home crowd influences umpiring. West coast are in Melbourne every second week. You have your chance to influence umpires. Though I guess it's hard to influence anyone when your membership base is outnumbered by West Coasts wait list.

The thing is Umpires shouldn't be influenced by the crowd. If they can't call the game fairly by the rules and let the crowd influence their judgement then they have no business being an AFL umpire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back