HB: C.Thomas 3 A.Hill 16 C.Guard 4
C: S.Lakay 23 E.Swanson C 13 M.Bowen 1
HF: A.Schmidt 7 K.Gibson 2 I.Cameron 19
F: A.Gilmore 22 H.Bullas 24
Foll: P.Laurie 25 I.Lewis 6 D.Hooker 17
I/C: C.Rowley 5 S.Davison 28 B.Smith 14 E.Bennett 27 N.Kelly 12

Emerg: A.Atkins 9 M.Caulfield 10

In: A.Gilmore, E.Bennett
Out: A.Atkins (omitted), G.Kelly (rested)

RICHMOND

B:
S.D'Arcy 12 R.Miller 15
HB: B.Lynch 32 J.Hosking 11 M.Shevlin 35
C: T.Lavey 37 S.Hosking 7 K.Dempsey 19
HF: T.Stahl 24 M.Brancatisano 5 E.Yassir 27
F: E.McKenzie 22 G.Seymour 28
Foll: C.Bernardi 6 K.Brennan C 3 M.Conti 4
I/C: S.Sansonetti 18 P.Kelly 14 M.Macdonald 38 A.Makur Chuot 34 M.Kiely 31

Emerg: S.Molan 1 K.Jacques 10

In: C.Bernardi
Out: K.Jacques (omitted)

I wonder if Christina Bernardi with her crook knee knew she was going to be our ruckwoman this week.

Sophie Molan is also in for a big day. Lining up for Port at 12.30pm in Essendon then possibly getting the call up as an emergency in Perth a few hours later.

I think a bored Harriet Cordner put our side in.

Last edited:
WEST COAST

B:
M.Collier 8 E.Gooch 31
HB: C.Thomas 3 A.Hill 16 C.Guard 4
C: S.Lakay 23 E.Swanson C 13 M.Bowen 1
HF: A.Schmidt 7 K.Gibson 2 I.Cameron 19
F: A.Gilmore 22 H.Bullas 24
Foll: P.Laurie 25 I.Lewis 6 D.Hooker 17
I/C: C.Rowley 5 S.Davison 28 B.Smith 14 E.Bennett 27 N.Kelly 12

Emerg: A.Atkins 9 M.Caulfield 10

In: A.Gilmore, E.Bennett
Out: A.Atkins (omitted), G.Kelly (rested)

RICHMOND

B:
S.D'Arcy 12 R.Miller 15
HB: B.Lynch 32 J.Hosking 11 M.Shevlin 35
C: T.Lavey 37 S.Hosking 7 K.Dempsey 19
HF: T.Stahl 24 M.Brancatisano 5 E.Yassir 27
F: E.McKenzie 22 G.Seymour 28
Foll: C.Bernardi 6 K.Brennan C 3 M.Conti 4
I/C: S.Sansonetti 18 P.Kelly 14 M.Macdonald 38 A.Makur Chuot 34 M.Kiely 31

Emerg: S.Molan 1 K.Jacques 10

In: C.Bernardi
Out: K.Jacques (omitted)
Carn Tigers , fair side we got in , have a dip and bring it home

Crowded House just posted the Port team to take on Essendon this weekend.

Dargan and Molan listed.

Akec is on the flight to Perth

Dargan was emergency last week I think. As was Molan but played with Port earlier in the day. What about Reid?
I wonder if Christina Bernardi with her crook knee knew she was going to be our ruckwoman this week.

Sophie Molan is also in for a big day. Lining up for Port at 12.30pm in Essendon then possibly getting the call up as an emergency in Perth a few hours later.

I think a bored Harriet Cordner put our side in.
Maybe when Christina had her time on the side she had springs put in her knees - good move really cos what she had in them there knees was sh!t and wearing out ;)

And on Molan, she can't get from one end of the oval to the other in under 40secs i reckon, how's she supposed to get to get to WA with being strapped to something ballistic?

Dargan was emergency last week I think. As was Molan but played with Port earlier in the day. What about Reid?

Maybe when Christina had her time on the side she had springs put in her knees - good move really cos what she had in them there knees was sh!t and wearing out ;)

And on Molan, she can't get from one end of the oval to the other in under 40secs i reckon, how's she supposed to get to get to WA with being strapped to something ballistic?

Reid playing VFLW for boroughs, not going to WA

Christina Bernardi playing ruck with bionic springs in her knees,i like it!!!!!

hows Molan supposed to get to WA after playing VFLW????
a RAAF F-35 fighter jet, it'll go supersonic, she'll get there in no time, good move by RFC!!!!!

To play in those temperatures is just downright stupid.

A FORECAST of 37C for Saturday's match between West Coast and Richmond will see half-time extended from 16 to 20 minutes.

The game is scheduled to begin at 4:10pm AWST, with last week's clash between the Eagles and Collingwood played in 34C heat at 12pm local time.

"Not ideal to be playing in the middle of the day in the heat," West Coast coach Michael Prior said after the loss to the Magpies.

"I think we got extra two minutes break at half-time, so probably something we need to look at as an organisation, and look after our athletes a little bit better than probably what we did today."

AEiMoy5J.jpg

West Coast's Sarah Lakey keeps cool during round six, 2022. Picture: AFL Photos
An AFL spokesperson said the extended break was "over and above" standard for matches this year, which have had permanent heat policy measures in place.

"Both the AFL and AFLW competitions have additional measures for matches relating to hot weather to ensure the health and safety of everyone remains paramount," an AFL spokesperson said.

"Specifically for the 2022 AFLW competition, at all matches there are additional water carriers, extended breaks, an increase to the number of team trainers and unlimited bench rotations."

AFLPA general manager of player and stakeholder relations Brett Murphy told womens.afl the union was happy with the heat policy as it stands, and moving games to later in the day isn't as simple as it sounds.

iiLbkwNS.jpg

The Western Bulldogs' Sarah Hartwig attempts to cool down at three-quarter-time during round six, 2022. Picture: AFL Photos
"We think the heat policy is acceptable. Probably the question right now, given everything else that's happening in regards to COVID and compressed breaks between games, the overlay of the heat policy and heat on players just makes it tougher," Murphy said.

"Games later in the day tend to be better from a heat perspective, but there are issues with playing games later in the day. If you move games to the evening, then sometimes it makes it more difficult to get teams home that night, and especially when games are being played mid-week or on a Sunday, there's a flow-on effect to players.

"So yes, games in twilight or evenings are better from a heat perspective, but there are other issues to take into account as well."

Murphy said the quick breaks between some games, coupled with the summer heat, has been the biggest issue.

"The short turnarounds make things difficult, the heat and the fact some players are coming off a period of illness, makes that preparation for games and games themselves that little bit tougher," he said.

"We have [had feedback from players], but the players are incredibly resilient. I haven't heard one player say they don't want to play, they want to play games, they want to do the best for their teams.

"The compressed fixture does make it that bit more challenging, and ideally, there'd be greater breaks between games."

To play in those temperatures is just downright stupid.

A FORECAST of 37C for Saturday's match between West Coast and Richmond will see half-time extended from 16 to 20 minutes.

The game is scheduled to begin at 4:10pm AWST, with last week's clash between the Eagles and Collingwood played in 34C heat at 12pm local time.

"Not ideal to be playing in the middle of the day in the heat," West Coast coach Michael Prior said after the loss to the Magpies.

"I think we got extra two minutes break at half-time, so probably something we need to look at as an organisation, and look after our athletes a little bit better than probably what we did today."

AEiMoy5J.jpg

West Coast's Sarah Lakey keeps cool during round six, 2022. Picture: AFL Photos
An AFL spokesperson said the extended break was "over and above" standard for matches this year, which have had permanent heat policy measures in place.

"Both the AFL and AFLW competitions have additional measures for matches relating to hot weather to ensure the health and safety of everyone remains paramount," an AFL spokesperson said.

"Specifically for the 2022 AFLW competition, at all matches there are additional water carriers, extended breaks, an increase to the number of team trainers and unlimited bench rotations."

AFLPA general manager of player and stakeholder relations Brett Murphy told womens.afl the union was happy with the heat policy as it stands, and moving games to later in the day isn't as simple as it sounds.

iiLbkwNS.jpg

The Western Bulldogs' Sarah Hartwig attempts to cool down at three-quarter-time during round six, 2022. Picture: AFL Photos
"We think the heat policy is acceptable. Probably the question right now, given everything else that's happening in regards to COVID and compressed breaks between games, the overlay of the heat policy and heat on players just makes it tougher," Murphy said.

"Games later in the day tend to be better from a heat perspective, but there are issues with playing games later in the day. If you move games to the evening, then sometimes it makes it more difficult to get teams home that night, and especially when games are being played mid-week or on a Sunday, there's a flow-on effect to players.

"So yes, games in twilight or evenings are better from a heat perspective, but there are other issues to take into account as well."

Murphy said the quick breaks between some games, coupled with the summer heat, has been the biggest issue.

"The short turnarounds make things difficult, the heat and the fact some players are coming off a period of illness, makes that preparation for games and games themselves that little bit tougher," he said.

"We have [had feedback from players], but the players are incredibly resilient. I haven't heard one player say they don't want to play, they want to play games, they want to do the best for their teams.

"The compressed fixture does make it that bit more challenging, and ideally, there'd be greater breaks between games."

expecting a danger game for us, conditions will really suit eagles, probably run over the top of us in last Q

expecting a danger game for us, conditions will really suit eagles, probably run over the top of us in last Q

Could be down to 32 by kick off - gonna be interesting - can you play in icesuits?

ice is going to be melting in the bucket loads, feel sorry for them, should have played this game in a ice rink:sweat:
a lot of players are going to lose some Kg's thru dehydration, crazy really :p
I'm guessing this is driven by broadcasters - I'd rather see the game dropped back an hour or two to something better temp wise. 4.10 is 7.10 into Melbourne - after the news and over before some other sort of prime showing around 9pm. So a handful of men making decisions (or non-decisions) about the welfare about women.

I think they (the broadcasters) could gain so much more public support (that spreads like water does) if they came out and said they are in favour of protecting the humans who are making the entertainment.

I have poor reception and have to rely on Internet TV where better choices can be made - I think I would struggle to go back to solely free-to-air. I find I hate Ch7 and Ch9 now whereas I tolerated them before as a means to an end.

Anyhoo, I hope the girls of both teams get an unexpected temp relief somehow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dana Hooker and co. may get the better of us in the midfield, but I hope we smash them on the ends and Bernardi/Brennan/Miller put on a show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back